LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Auto Refresh In Chat

Guest diapered axel

Guest diapered axel

i was wondering if it would be possible to add a auto refresh to the chat. this would allow users to get there notifications for pm's and such. this would be much appreciated!

Guest Baby Tiana

I would greatly appreciate if there was an auto -refresh. I've had to constantly refresh my page on the computer when in chat, because it starts to slow down and won't show what people are saying. When that happens, it also makes my screen go white, then shows the text. I would love to not have to refresh the page every twenty minutes or so, just so I can continue to chat, and not be forced to say "huh?" (aside from when I am actually confused).

I'm confused as well as to the topic of discussion. When I visit our chat my screen constantly scrolls with the chat as well. If you are talking about a computer, it probably needs a new add on on plugin to be current. Try using a different browser such as firefox if you don't already...still confused. :huh:

Guest Needschanging

what axel is saying is that the notification for new private messages and friend requests and that stuff doesnt appear until you refresh the page. the chat auto scroll works fine.

what axel is saying is that the notification for new private messages and friend requests and that stuff doesnt appear until you refresh the page. the chat auto scroll works fine.

Are we speaking of the forum side of the website, if so, the two aren't connected and run in separate routines of software. There are no PM's or requests for friends in chat, that's what threw me there. The only way for that to happen if I am understanding correctly is to have two windows open. I do that all the time as I have to monitor the forums and chat individually. While the run on the same site it's two separate software modules running and as such I'm sure Daily Di could put that in a request, what good it would do for the software developers that write the scripts for the boards and such I have no idea. There would have to be a demand from the hundreds (thousands?) of users of this type of board to link the two systems for that to happen.

On a related note the new chat does allow the boards to communicate somewhat as you can view a partial profile from the boards on a user, something you couldn't do with the old chat, so it is conceivable that it could happen I would surmise.

I would much rather wait and see if we get colors back on the next upgrade, but hey that's just me. :thumbsup:

I did a Windows gadget that showed Recently added topics, Recent status updates and Recent blog entries just to see how they wo*ked and if there was anything interesting.

Problem though is it just polls webpage at intervals parses the HTML and displayed data of interest. Even though this method don't transfer any pics etc it would still be bandwidth unfriendly for the site.

To get updates of Pm messages and friend requests would require sending of user name and password (never tried that). Would still be polling site so see above for drawback of this method.

Server side push method is only way to overcome bandwidth issues so your all stuffed muhhhhhhhhhhh unless Daily Dinglbert wants to add that.

Guest Needschanging

There is in fact a very easy code script to auto refresh a html page, repaid, do you know what there using for the chat program?

There is in fact a very easy code script to auto refresh a html page, repaid, do you know what there using for the chat program?

No not really. It used to be a Java Based Chat but now it's a module or something designed by the IPBoard folks if I understand correctly. I think I'm understanding the question a bit better though. I think it's clouded a bit or there are at least two parts to the formula. First, the OP was looking for Autorefresh in chat, well the things listed don't appear in chat but on the boards proper. Now those are indeed not Auto Refresh. So just as others I have to change positions on the board (new topic..next thread...ect...) to receive PM's/Im's. Or any other board update.

The script you talk about might help for that. But Unless you have two windows open, one for chat, the other for the forums, then the point is moot while in Chat only.

For the folks having problems with chat not auto refreshing that's on your end as it's a browser/phone issue not having the right software. As most on here have no problems with that function. My Wife uses Flock and IE, I use Firefox/mozilla. and auto refresh in chat works for the chat when people post. Along with the annoying time update! :thumbsup:

The final thing would be to interlace the chat board back to the options originally mentioned back from the forums so you would know if someone PM'd you from the boards. As far as friend requests, they can be set in your profile. Either automatic accepted, or require your approval. Once again if they require your approval, then you would have to take the action.

For the Friend thing, I don't see it as a immediate need thing to do. I mean as soon as you log into the boards the next time you will get the notice. I believe also there is a option to have all notices sent to your email (There used to be). If this is still true then all this is just a easy thing to circumvent. My Email is set to autocheck every 2 minutes and is always on. You can use ton's of free software to check your email client.

So finally Yes I would love to be able to Private message in chat, I'm sure those changes are coming eventually. For those members who complain that this chat sucks compared to the last, I ask you to look under your avatar..and note the Piggy Banker status.

I'm quite sure that if more people would kick a few dollars to the site then Daily could have afforded the old chat for a bit longer. As it is things are tight and this site is only free because of the generosity of some. I would love to see the old chat back, and as a bonus to only the ones that can contribute a bit now and then. I mean who doesn't have $2 to $3 bucks a week to spare...Seriously! If you did that, then within a month you would have achieved Banker Status and Mike could continue to build the site.

I'm not on a rant for donations or anything, as I haven't contributed in a while, but I am looking for some expendable cash coming in the near future. I have all intentions of donating a sizable amount. ( I want my name on the list on the right of forums :P) My point is if all the regular members of the site, chat or forums would give just $1 (or equivalent) a week (month even). This site would certainly grow by leaps and bounds. Just some food for thought. I know times are tough, but not that tough! I live pretty much check to check too! ;)

p.s. Just for you Computer guru's I would consider it a contribution just as well (I'm sure Mike will concur) for you guys to post said scripts and tips for this board on the forums. I'm sure mike would have no problem with me creating a sub forum in the Tech section for said items. Also as a incentive I'm sure if people voted on that contribution your status could be improved.. I mean who works for free!? Just a Idea. :thumbsup:

Guest diapered axel

Ok so i understand what your talking about know, the boards and chat isnt linked, got it. But i have a question: are you in control of the whole forms html page or is it just a templete that was provided? If you do have control then a simple refresh html at interval=x might work but iam guessing that you dont have control, wich would make sense because it looks completly uniform with other chat forums websites. I also see why people should donate, as a web dev, i understand that stuff is not free and a site like this will cost alot to maintain daily. Iam surprised that it is still free but there must be enough people out thete giving money( i would but have some complications here) also, have you tried looking at other services that might be better or cheaper? But remember that just because it costs less doesnt mean it will sit well with others. These people are used to this layout and a big change will throw every one off.

Oh jeez, we really don't need all of the drama again that started up after the forum software changed last year. We had four or five threads that ended up being multiple pages where people were bitching and complaining that they didn't like the new software. It quieted down after Mike said he couldn't change it.

Guest diapered axel

Oh jeez, we really don't need all of the drama again that started up after the forum software changed last year. We had four or five threads that ended up being multiple pages where people were bitching and complaining that they didn't like the new software. It quieted down after Mike said he couldn't change it.

iam not complaing iam just stating that the chat doesnt have auto refresh for notifications. If it cant be solved, oh well.