LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Tape Position On Disposable Diapers?

darboy

I wear Disposable diapers during the day for 24/7 incontinence and was wondering where the tapes should be positioned. Should the be more at your side where your hips are or should they be more in front where your pelvic bone is and the bottom ones to about your groin? Some of my diapers that I wear like Attends large only go to my hip region. While others like Tena Slips will wrap to the front just about where my pelvic bone is. I just received a sample of diaper from XPmedical which are the Abenas and I got both Large and X-large. Both I think fit me well I think....just wondering if it better to have them extend around more.

I think all that matters is that you should just go with whatever feels secure/tight and is comfortable. I don't care where my tapes go. I just place them so that I can get my diaper on snug and comfortable for walking and wetting. I don't think there is any right or wrong way to tape them up. Your not going to be showing them off to anyone. :thumbsup: Hope this helps.

By the time I needed to learn to put on adult disposables I had been pinning on gauze diapers all by myself for over 5 years. Before that I had diapered my younger sister another 3 years.

The PT at my urologist back then recommended using the standing against a wall approach. In 1981 Attends only had 2 tapes per side. It was recommended that for day use the fit around my hips was less critical, so I should start with the top tapes. Then I could wriggle around some to get the leg tapes snug enough. Back then you only had once chance to place the tapes. The first few times I tried putting on Attends I spoiled some.

Fairly soon I found that when going to bed the fit of the top tapes was more important. So When I am wearing a disposable to bed, as I lean against the wall, I set the lower tapes good enough. After the diaper is supported by my legs I can wriggle around to preview and perfect the position of the top tapes. Clearly it is best with 3 tapes per side, so you can get the middle tapes good enough and then perfect both the top and lower tapes.

Since cloth-like with hook and loop tabs have been available, I always suggest to newly incontinent people they work out the taping using those. Once they feel confident about the sensation of a correctly snug tab they can use this sense memory changing into classic poly-plastic diapers with sticky tapes.

Tape should be on pause.... and then back on record on the VCR when you have finished changing :roflmao:

The tape landing on a diaper should be wherever it feels comfortable and snug for you - and always inline with the other side. The top tapes should be above the hip bone, to pull the diaper in where the body naturally narrows (or should narrow depending on how fat you are). The bottom tapes should be below this bone. Whether the tapes are more to your side than your front all depends on how you feel with that size of diaper. The diaper should have some room between it and your crotch to allow it to perform. If it doesn't, then try the next size diaper up.

• Like 1