LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Calgary Meet Up

messyman

Well that sucks! I must say Saturday was pretty cool, meeting the few that did make it out (you know who you are)and the bowling.

My upper thigh is still sore cause I haven't bowled in so many years. All in all the afternoon was fun way to spend the day.

Hope the next turns out more people to get involved in some local activities with link minded folks.

Sorry for the late response here Richie but it was wonderful to have you there and I'm glad you had fun :)

www.calgaryabdlmeetup.com seems to be down now.

I checked it and it works for me now. If it is down there is really nothing we can do about it. It is hosted at the free level at moment so it's not like I can go over or kick the server or even complain to the server owners in a meaningful way.

Let's ponder how to recognize each other some more. We want to not have anything too common (and possibly mistake strangers, eg. a Canadian flag pin) nor anything too attention-grabbing and weird. One thing that occurs to me is a collapsible umbrella: easy to hide (especially to leave in a vehicle) but easy to spot also. And not too expensive.

I think each person having some personal get-up that is too unique would lead to confusion, with each of us having to to check a list of a many descriptions, now let's see... 30's, check, denim jacket, check, oh wait: wrong color backpack! damn! Wait... here comes right color backpack... but no shopping bag. Damn again. Wait - I see a group of guys... each checking a list! Jackpot??

Here is one idea: meeting at a coffee place with a patio... and each of us has a travel mug, a large and shiny one. We can get our beverage of choice inside and hang about on the patio. we slap a removable label on our mug and write DD on it prominently. When all are present and accounted for we can remove said labels. (None of us cares for labels anyway.)

Sufficiently incognito, sufficiently recognizable.

I like the idea of the chairperson having the cell number of as many participants as possible, certainly any drivers bringing people in. Just in case people get lost or waylaid, cars break down, the usual .

Some might want to go by a username different from their real name; I do. So we should all bring a name badge, worn at one's own discretion. A sticky label would do. Oh yeah, letès not all be Bruce.

Any more ideas?

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, it was great. Calgary has a much bigger area than Edmonton, of the sort like Whyte Avenue, full of coffee shops, independent boutiques & restaurants, and clubs. We strolled it for an hour after smoking hookahs at an Arabic restaurant. I ran a little late and didn't get to meet 2 who showed earlier; so am looking forward to Oct 10, when (I hope) they will return, as well as others. In the meantime I hear fetlife has a group going for abdl munches in Edmonton... which hopefully will lead to Alberta-wide meets, at least between Edmonton and Calgary.

• 1 month later...

In the previous months our meetings have been rather sparsely attended so we are hoping that the change from Sunday to Saturday will help us break some records. The next one is planned for November the 20th, 3:00pm at Melrose again.

For the map and other details like how to find us on the day check out the website

http://www.calgaryabdlmeetup.com

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We have the details work out for the second meet up. It will be at the house again on Sunday the 23rd at 2:30 Saturday the 22nd. See the website for more details and register for forum access and get email updates.

http://www.calgaryabdlmeetup.com/apps/calendar/showEvent?calID=4820781&eventID=113747391

The people have sp[oken and the date has moved

• 5 weeks later...

Join us on Saturday March the 12th for coffee, tea or hot chocolate with some like minded ABDLs. It will be at The House Coffee Sanctuary in Kensington. If you have not been before these are plain clothes meetings so leave your sleepers and onesies at home. If you are coming diapers keep them hidden.

On the day of the meet I will post info about how to find us in the shop by saying what I am wearing.

Check the website for details and join to get email updates and access to the board.

http://www.calgaryabdlmeetup.com

Our site is also a staging area for the annual ABDL campout happening this summer in Alberta

• 4 weeks later...