LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Okay I Have A Question.....

Reputation On Profile. Does it matter?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Does it?

• Yes
    • No

I am not sure if this is the right forum nor am I in the mood to care. I haven't hurt nor offended anyone, and when I checked my profile to change some of it up I noticed my reputation was -1 in the red. What does this mean also who would be dishonest enough and foolish enough to do that to me when I did nothing! Luckily someone brought me back up to 1. Thank you whoever you were..

• Like 7

I personally wouldn't let it bother you, i've heard DailyD say he was thinkin of removing it because people were abusing the system, its probably down to a post you've made that someone disagree'ed with or didn't like. Or they really are twats and just wanted to spam the repuations of people. Again I wouldn't really let it bother you its more of an annoyance feature then anything to be honest, I removed it from my site because the same thing happend, and it got even more agressive because it had a comment feature too.

I like your Sig though :D

• Like 2

I personally wouldn't let it bother you, i've heard DailyD say he was thinkin of removing it because people were abusing the system, its probably down to a post you've made that someone disagree'ed with or didn't like. Or they really are twats and just wanted to spam the repuations of people. Again I wouldn't really let it bother you its more of an annoyance feature then anything to be honest, I removed it from my site because the same thing happend, and it got even more agressive because it had a comment feature too.

I like your Sig though :D

I don't mind the reputation feature being there, I like it because I think its nice, I haven't made any bad posts apart from topics in their appropriate sections. Is there a way to make it so you can choose to feature it on your profile or not? I'm new so I honestly don't know lol and thank you for the compliment. :angel_not:. Nice to know you like it.

I'm not 100% certern i'm sure theres other geeky babies here that could probably answer that one but I doubt there is tht kind of feature.

• Like 1
Guest KuroiYukiKit

Its pretty much a way for people to feel a tad more important and like they have some impact on what another says. You posts at times have been a bit..out there so some have likely took their .5 and rated them down, but personally they never seemed written in a crass or rude way, nor in inappropriate places. So I wouldnt sweat it. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

My posts are hardly out there compared to what I've seen posted by others. They were in the right place and something I enjoy, so personally I did not need anyones .5 and they don't have a right to deface my profile with their opinions. The admin should make it a checklist choice on whether each profile chooses it or not.

Hmm, well somebody didn't like one of your posts. It's not really that big of a deal, I guess. You may find what you post perfectly fine and unoffensive but somebody else may have taken one the wrong way. It's not really a big deal.

My posts are hardly out there, they were in the right place and something I enjoy, so personally I did not need anyones .5 and they don't have a right to deface my profile with their opinions. The admin should make it a checklist choice on whether each profile chooses it or not.

Um, yea, they actually do have a right to "deface" your profile with their opinion.

I've said this more times in the past week than ever before, it seems.

Get over it. This is the internet. If you can't handle the opinion of some anonymous poster on an internet forum, you need to get some thicker skin and stop caring what people on the internet think about you.

• Like 2

No they do not. I never asked for nor want their opinion, and I could care less if people don't like my posts. All my threads have been very popular, so the opinion of one pathetic oddball is no concern to me whatsoever. I will just not have my profile unjustly defaced since I have plenty in my chosen enjoyment who will bring those points right back up again!

• Like 2

before this gets personal can we chill?, unfortantly its just one of those things, several sites i'm on that have this kind of system i have a -50+ just because they person(s) didn't agree with what I said, It used to bother me, but I try not let it to anymore.

I suggest you try not let it bother you otherwise it'll end up spoiling ur fun on here.

• Like 1

before this gets personal can we chill?, unfortantly its just one of those things, several sites i'm on that have this kind of system i have a -50+ just because they person(s) didn't agree with what I said, It used to bother me, but I try not let it to anymore.

I suggest you try not let it bother you otherwise it'll end up spoiling ur fun on here.

This is already personal, and I'm sorry but I will not allow diamondback to get an attitude with me, because I have one thats just as potent, and I never back down from standing up for myself. I will not have some joker deduct me points because they don't like me or what I write. They have NO RIGHT to do that, and as far as fun. I am laughing at diamondback so I can't be taking it to seriously.

• Like 2

This is already personal, and I'm sorry but I will not allow diamondback to get an attitude with me, because I have one thats just as potent, and I never back down from standing up for myself. I will not have some joker deduct me points because they don't like me or what I write. They have NO RIGHT to do that, and as far as fun. I am laughing at diamondback so I can't be taking it to seriously.

Okay how did I go from 2 to 1??

• Like 6

"Reputation" doesn't actually do anything here. It's just a number. Quit griping and get over it.

Actually, I remember Mike saying something in the past about the reputation system here. I think he said that if you get too many negatives your posts will be moderated or something. *shrugs*

I wish Mike would clear up what happens if you get too many negatives once and for all so everyone would stop bitching about the rep system.

I answered 'no' mostly because it seems to have been trashed by a lot of people who misuse it.

I certainly care what kind of reputation I have on this site - from the point of view that I have an image of myself that I hope is sincere and true - and comes across in a majority of my posts. I want to be respected by others here who I respect. That can't be captured by people pushing buttons at the bottom of my post.

I have respect for an awful lot of people here based not on their reputation 'score' but on who they are in their posts. This is the reputation I value - not the +1 or -1 that gets flung around often simply because one person doesn't like what another person has posted.

its important to remember all members can vote on any post, even their own. So someone may give you a negative because they simply do not agree with your opinion, its the internet, don't take it personal.

I dont think many people check their reputation status or that of others in determining whether they want to reply to their posts or a pm. Of the communication from the person will speak for itself whether it deserves a response from the person it was sent to.

so yeah.. dont take it personally....

I happen to like it... in the sense that instead of taking up board space posting how much you dislike a thread, you can simply vote negative and move on and then the rest of us dont have to read through pages of "i smell bs" and "this is lame".... cause that just takes up time.

• Like 3

The reputation thing was a good idea on paper somewhere, but is too easily abused. As such, you shouldn't put too much stock in it. I only ever view my own profile when I'm going to change my avatar or something. Though Diamondback said it perhaps a bit too harshly, I agree with his stance. We can't let what people say about us online get to us, as there are always going to be those people who just want to tear you down to make themselves feel better. If you don't get all worked up or hurt by what they say, they've failed in their objective.

I am not sure if this is the right forum nor am I in the mood to care. I haven't hurt nor offended anyone, and when I checked my profile to change some of it up I noticed my reputation was -1 in the red. What does this mean also who would be dishonest enough and foolish enough to do that to me when I did nothing! Luckily someone brought me back up to 1. Thank you whoever you were..

Great Signature! I don't really understand the need for or reason for the reputation thing. Mine was in the negative, it was poor once. Anyone who really knew me would probably rate mine poor anyway. I'm such a drama sissy and sometimes write naughty stories! :o Don't let it bother you. This site is like any other. You've got nice folks, creeps, mean folks, HNGs and confused folks all in the mix. Hugs.