LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Trying To Remember A Name

Jabez

I'm not sure if anyone will know what I am talking about, but I figured it was worth a shot to see.

When I was a kid, I had this thing that sat on the floor. It was flat on the side that sat on the floor and rounded on the top.. kind of like a ball that was cut in half. It was made of plastic and had shapes on it with a light that went around on the inside and projected the images onto my walls and ceiling whilst also making them move around the room.

I can't remember for the life of me what it was called and kinda thought it would be neat to find one again. I've found some that are similar, but nothing quite like I had when I was younger.

I definitely appreciate any help. :)

Jabez,

can you remember being sent for any sensory tests, because the item you are describing is one of the tools used to test children's recognition. The device used very specific projection colours at set intervals while a nurse or doctor observed the child's behavior. The device was screwed to the floor, and also had a sound output that could be synchronized with the light.

This device that I am referring to is approx 2ft in diameter, with a soft plastic dome. It was made by BAYER medical, and taken out of use about 15-20 years ago due to improvements in invisible optical lasers. Now, a computer focus's a laser on the patients eye, while playing various tones and specific colour lights around the patient. Since a person will first look at a sound, before turning head to hear the sound, this has improved accuracy by 80%.

• Like 1

Actually I had one that was in my room as a kid, but it was portable so it could be picked up and put away come morning so it wouldn't be tripped over. It ran on batteries. But it did project shapes in various colors and I do believe it also played some kind of music as well. I was thinking that perhaps it was put out by Fisher Price or some company like that?

What you described sounds similar, but I had one in my room so I imagine it was something on a smaller scale.

• 1 month later...