LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Paddedpat: The Origin Of A Dd Lurker...

Greetings, all, from Metro DC! I've been slinking around the forum as an anonymous onlooker for well over a year, but I finally got the moxy to take the plunge. w00t!

First of all, I must say this forum has been a treat to follow - with the obvious exception of the rare "twisted baby" posts by an unnamed few. Like many others here, I started into the AB/DL scene before a coherent scene really existed. I suppose I began my "lifestyle journey" around the age of 9 or 10, although - looking back on it - it was a rather confusing and emotionally ambiguous period of time. It started with the innocence of youth; what I saw as a harmless but inexplicably powerful interest in diapers. I vividly remember absconding with the pantaloons adorning my younger sister's Cabbage Patch doll (damn...I sure dated myself there :glare:) and then sneaking my prize post-haste back to my room. I quickly stashed it away in a dank corner of the closet, removing it every few days and fantasizing about a simpler time - where wearing diapers was customary and accepted. Within a couple weeks, I amassed the courage to slip it under my underwear...and the rest is history.

At that age, I simply couldn't fathom my motives. Same 'ole, tired, droning AB/DL chestnut: "What's wrong with me?" "I must be crazy." "I'm the only person in the world like this." "This is just...wrong."

I carried these feelings through my teenage years - when the Internet was just an ephemeral buzzword. College was an awakening of sorts. Suddenly, I found myself in an environment where experimentation, flexible moral fiber, and just overall non-conformity was the norm. "Hmm...," I thought. "Perhaps my interests are strange -- but no stranger than his. Or hers. Or that guy's there. Or 'HOLY CRAP! What the hell is HE thinking?!'"

It was around this time that the Internet was starting to really blossom, and I decided to pore through the 'Net with the mission of discovering what made me tick. I suspect like other AB/DLs my age, I eventually stumbled across DPF and Bittergrey's Den, which finally shed light on the questions that had troubled me for nearly a decade.

I was not alone...

The relief was palpable; it was as if the world on my back had eroded to a single grain of sand. It was an affirmation that - strange as it was - strangeness loves company.

Fast forward another 10 years, and now this scene has evolved into a well-organized and extraordinarily diverse community of like-minded folks. Finding DD has been a godsend for me. I'm fascinated at how humble some of the origins of DD members are, and the site never fails to make whimsical light of a lifestyle that is so often misunderstood and maligned by society at large.

I love it! Keep up the good work, yon forumites. :thumbsup: I look forward to contributing my own You-Neek-Ness to this thriving community!

Cheers! :P

Hey ya, interesting post :) Welcome to the forum.

Are you a member of b3ta? Your post reminds me of some QOTW answers :X

Nope. Never heard of it.

*googles b3ta judiciously*

*looks around the room anxiously, hoping he didn't break any DD cardinal rules of etiquette...*