LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Memories And Song...

Codymoogle

It's been said that things can trip our memories...Smells, tastes, sounds, sights, and textures...

I found one of my triggers tonight, apparently, because it triggered off a rush of emotion...Why it did so, I don't know, as I can't recall any specific memory that had the trigger in it...All I know is I recognize it from somewhere and I need to know what it is.

In this video (I was browsing community videos on Youtube and this popped up), it's the music.

Ridiculously simple little song, isn't it? I could probably figure out how to play it on my keyboard in fact, if I tinkered around for a little while...But somehow it's sticking in my brain!

What IS it? Can someone PLEASE tell me?

Furthermore, have any of you guys figured out your own personal triggers of infancy/toddlerhood?

~ moogle

Mogglelove,

It is a trigger from your early infancy, and prob used to lull you to sleep for part of the first years of your life. That is why you can't remember any specific memory from it, but you can recall the feelings of being totally protected.

• Like 3

Mogglelove,

It is a trigger from your early infancy, and prob used to lull you to sleep for part of the first years of your life. That is why you can't remember any specific memory from it, but you can recall the feelings of being totally protected.

I figured it's something like that :P Even if it's not an exact melody, something is similar...But I want to know what it is, that song.

~ moogle

Sorry Mogglelove for hijacking your thread, but I don't really know where to put this, as it can easily go within many topics.....

As an infant, most of the senses that we take for granted, and rely on as adults didn’t exist. An infant’s life existed in the tactile world – feeling everything anew. This means that an infant is only aware of what it hears, smells and tastes, and feels – both physically by touch and emotionally. Its sight is underdeveloped and images are blurred at best. It relies on its sense of smell and hearing to recognise its surroundings and its parental figures.

This means that the images that are strongest in the mind are those which were initially formed. That is, the soft feeling of bed clothes, the crinkle of the under sheet and of the diaper, the smell of baby powder and diaper cream, the sounds of lullabies played from cheap music boxes or mobiles… the list goes on. Since these are what one remembers from early childhood, any one or more of these will trigger the associate feelings of infancy – i.e. the emotional feelings. Also, since one of the first thing that an infant is taught is to wet and soil its diapers, once the emotional feelings are recreated, the associated muscle control – or lack thereof – follows shortly.

In simple terms, if you, as a chronological adult, wish to relive the infantile act of loss of bladder and bowel control, once you find your tactile trigger(s), you will regress.

Mogglelove has found a specific tune from infancy, and as normal, his mind was too underdeveloped to form a detailed memory, so the recall (what he remembers) is that he knows the song from somewhere, but can't exactly place where. The song also triggers other memories (read emotional feelings) from that part of his life. The main emotion from that part of life is the feeling of being protected, and is probably what most ABs are looking for. As we grow, we learn to self protect, and this starts with being taught to self soothe and increasing in steps. We need this as it is part of developing our own individuality, but personally, I think that the cost is too high.

I hope that this has answered a lot of questions being repeatedly asked on this forum - how do I regress / wet / mess my diaper / feel more infantile / what do I need to do to take care of my new AB etc. It also might explain, or clarify in some peoples mind why they wish to regress etc. I personally think that regression is a needed step in growth and self awareness, and that a huge portion of the population, the non AB/DL who use some sort of drugs as a form of relaxation are missing out on a huge proportion of their life.

• Like 4

There are certain smells, noises and textures that trigger it for me. All I can picture with a certain texture is a big, squishy yellow duck plushy at the nursery I attended as a young one. The sound in question is from one of those old fisher price wind up thingies.

There are certain smells, noises and textures that trigger it for me. All I can picture with a certain texture is a big, squishy yellow duck plushy at the nursery I attended as a young one. The sound in question is from one of those old fisher price wind up thingies.

"Old Fisher Price wind up thingies"? Like a music box, or a mobile, or? Can you elaborate?

~ moogle

"Old Fisher Price wind up thingies"? Like a music box, or a mobile, or? Can you elaborate?

~ moogle

It was one of those toys where you wound the dial up and it played a story on the front and that was the music that went with it. I'd give you a more technical namehowever I was two at the time so I don't know what they were called.

Edit: I found a pic of what I'm referring to.

lg_7529.jpg

The 'thingies' that are being refered to as the source of the tune that Mogglelove is seeking is a music box or a mobile. Reverse calculating the time period (1988 - 1992) the mobiles that were on sale / used then were 'child freindly' and used to project a picture either on the ceiling of the nursery, or on a small screen above the mobile. These devices had the name of 'dream catcher' or 'dream machines' and were popularly made by Fisher Price, a German-American child toy manufacturer. Unfortunately, the original 'tin electronic' sound that these produced have been replaced by advanced electronic manufacturer and quieter mechanical or no moving parts, as the Safety patrol have deemed them to be not child safe. As a result, these original devices are difficult, if not impossible to acquire.

• Like 2

The 'thingies' that are being refered to as the source of the tune that Mogglelove is seeking is a music box or a mobile. Reverse calculating the time period (1988 - 1992) the mobiles that were on sale / used then were 'child freindly' and used to project a picture either on the ceiling of the nursery, or on a small screen above the mobile. These devices had the name of 'dream catcher' or 'dream machines' and were popularly made by Fisher Price, a German-American child toy manufacturer. Unfortunately, the original 'tin electronic' sound that these produced have been replaced by advanced electronic manufacturer and quieter mechanical or no moving parts, as the Safety patrol have deemed them to be not child safe. As a result, these original devices are difficult, if not impossible to acquire.

Ahhh - that makes so much sense it's hurting my brain. I don't remember what kind I had, but I think I had one of those kind of wind-up music box thingies. At the very least, I remember seeking them out when I got older. Eventually I stopped because I felt silly (I hadn't admitted to who I am at that point)...Hm, maybe it's worth looking into, though, because all the "silliness" of those boxes has gone away.

~ moogle

Guest Wetnmessy247

Oh wow I watched the video and when I heard the sweet music I instantly regressed to my 2 year old self. :lol:

It's a good thing I was at my apt when I regressed because I was in baby mode for a few hours. I couldn't talk, could barely walk so I scooted/crawled, couldn't get my fingers out of my mouth and had a pretty big messy. :o

I'm okay now. I better watch out what I listen to. It would have sucked had this happened in public. When I regress, I REGRESS hardore. :P

Oh wow I watched the video and when I heard the sweet music I instantly regressed to my 2 year old self. :lol:

It's a good thing I was at my apt when I regressed because I was in baby mode for a few hours. I couldn't talk, could barely walk so I scooted/crawled, couldn't get my fingers out of my mouth and had a pretty big messy. :o

I'm okay now. I better watch out what I listen to. It would have sucked had this happened in public. When I regress, I REGRESS hardore. :P

I really love when people take a piece of information, and try and manipulate it without knowing all the facts.

You are chronologically at least 12 months younger than mooglelove, so the chance of the same piece of music causing you to regress as that of mooglelove is about 1 in 1billion. Also, the music box (dreamcatcher) was only on sale for about 3-6 months during production. Secondly, you would regress to about 3-6 months old, since that is the age range that I am referring to where your a infants world is focused in the tactile rather than the visual range. If you regressed, as you stated, to a two year old, you would not have a fascination with your fingers unless you were extremely scared. A two year old is a 'toddler' who has the ability to walk / run / talk to some extent, and would be aware of its need to vacate its bowels, and would look for someone to change itself.

I am not saying that you didn't regress, but it seems highly unlikely.

• Like 2
Guest Wetnmessy247

We all regress in different ways.

It's not like there is a regressing rule or something. :huh:

I typically go back to two years old. Sometimes I go back to 3-6 months. Sometimes.

But when I regress I do have a fascination with my fingers and can't talk or walk. It's really bad. Or good. Depending on your point of view. :lol:

And I have a lot of regress "triggers". Hell, one time I regressed while watching Tom and Jerry. Came out of nowehere. I was stuck s a baby for a few hours. :o Luckily I was alone because it was pretty intense.

only time i fully regressed i went a bit too far and it took me a few minutes to walk again. my lil side kinda pops out at random now. I was watching fraggle rock earlier today and was like, "wait, I'm not wearing and gotta go meet the folks for dinner"

I've heard the song in Swedish, and I think it's titled "Oh my precious baby." That's the first line of the song, I think. My Swedish isn't as good as it used to be! Å, mitt värdefulla barn, are the words in Swedish. I'll start checking to see if I can find it.

Thanks for the thread! I go into baby mode when I hear early 50s songs. I'm sure I heard them on the radio or from a record player. Surprisingly, only the actual original group or artist does it. Remakes or new versions are fun, but no instant regression! Aren't our minds amazing? Hugs.

I really love when people take a piece of information, and try and manipulate it without knowing all the facts.

You are chronologically at least 12 months younger than mooglelove, so the chance of the same piece of music causing you to regress as that of mooglelove is about 1 in 1billion. Also, the music box (dreamcatcher) was only on sale for about 3-6 months during production. Secondly, you would regress to about 3-6 months old, since that is the age range that I am referring to where your a infants world is focused in the tactile rather than the visual range. If you regressed, as you stated, to a two year old, you would not have a fascination with your fingers unless you were extremely scared. A two year old is a 'toddler' who has the ability to walk / run / talk to some extent, and would be aware of its need to vacate its bowels, and would look for someone to change itself.

I am not saying that you didn't regress, but it seems highly unlikely.

Although your facts are good, your delivery lacks that savoir faire, or real content. You just come across as some grumpy nit-picker! Why didn't you just say it with feeling? Example: "Are you really that stupid, you vapid little liar?" I mean, if you're going to be heartless and crass, just say it that way. Yeesh! "Growl! Grunt! (flex neck so veins stick out) Fart! Burp! Nasty little pretender doesn't even know about normal child development. Pretender! Regressing indeed! I'll regress that punk! I'll give him or her a piece of my mind and hope he or she chokes on it! Grump! Fart! (extend traffic finger) (clear throat loudly and scowl)" :roflmao:

Guest Wetnmessy247

Is there some sort of "scale" of which one must comply to when regressing?

I mean, we all are our own selves.

That's how I regress. I can't help doing it.

Is there some sort of "scale" of which one must comply to when regressing?

I mean, we all are our own selves.

That's how I regress. I can't help doing it.

Ignore the rude crass people that can't live with you being you Wetnmessy247. As far as I'm concerned you can regress any way that fills that need! Diaper on dude! Luv and hugs.

Although your facts are good, your delivery lacks that savoir faire, or real content. You just come across as some grumpy nit-picker! Why didn't you just say it with feeling? Example: "Are you really that stupid, you vapid little liar?" I mean, if you're going to be heartless and crass, just say it that way. Yeesh! "Growl! Grunt! (flex neck so veins stick out) Fart! Burp! Nasty little pretender doesn't even know about normal child development. Pretender! Regressing indeed! I'll regress that punk! I'll give him or her a piece of my mind and hope he or she chokes on it! Grump! Fart! (extend traffic finger) (clear throat loudly and scowl)" :roflmao:

I am trying to tone down my absolute abhorrence of what is obvious to even the simple minded. Although I am thinking that someone is talking from what should be in a diaper, I will not state that. After all, this IS a support forum!!

• Like 1

Regression is regression. Yes, we all regress, and are aware of it. Our minds do not go blank, and we don't loose all physical and mental ability. That is not possible. Each one of us has a certain trigger, be it a sound, smell, taste or feeling. No two triggers are the same. If something triggers you to regress, this is fully within your control to allow or deny it. The inherited ability of the mind and body of self preservation will not allow you to go to a stage of complete regression where there is any danger perceived.

In simple terms, you control when and how deep you regress, and for how long. A trigger will only ask the question - you have to answer it.

• Like 1

I am trying to tone down my absolute abhorrence of what is obvious to even the simple minded. Although I am thinking that someone is talking from what should be in a diaper, I will not state that. After all, this IS a support forum!!

:roflmao: I'm always in a diaper, and too often my mind is in there too! :screwy: