LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diapers In Nursing Homes

Hi Everyone I was just wondering if nursing homes put diapers on newly addmited paitients? I heard or read that most paients are diapered at night . I know when I was in rehab. 19 years ago they used them on me (been sober ever since but still a bedwetter). I also dated a girl that worked at a nursing home and she would diaper many paitients,includeding me when staying at her house. She was a great friend but she moved out of the area for a better job.

Thanks Pins

I would imagine a lot of them are because there are so many patients - the nurses probably don't have the time or patience to go around and change all the bedsheets and what not...it is much simpler to change a diaper then change bedsheets.

• Like 1

It depends entirely on the nursing home and what the director decides that he/she wants you to do.

Some places have ALL patients in diapers during the day and on "chucks"(underpads) at night, even if they don't have any history of incontinence. This is a sign of a bad nursing home btw. To be honest, pads are generally better as long as the patient is in bed. Diapers are more appropriate for when they want to sit in common areas. Diapers are only appropriate in bed when the patient is demented and excitable/agitated imo.

Then again, I doubt that skin integrity would be half the problem if they used proper diapers to begin with. Nursing facilities are a zero sum game in the end though, I got out of that business because it's a physical manifestation of everything that is wrong with the civilized world. It's simply not possible to be able to provide proper care with the amount of resources available to the average individual.

^ what she said is true. I know people that've worked in homes and the one person told me, ALL residents wore at night and often had chucks under them too. It's really just easier for the staff and since most NEED them anyway, they all get them. Not all wore during the day though but most were incontinent to at least some degree or had trouble getting to the bathroom fast enough so most still wore diapers. It's pretty slow motion at the older ages or less abled. May take twenty minutes to wheel down the hall, get into the bathroom, undress and get on the toilet and for many, it's too late by then.

It is said to be a bad practice for homes to make all wear because it's encouraging incontinence and many feel those that weren't quickly become because they lose the motivation to "make it" to the bathroom. Escentially, like many here, use out of convenience and after some time, especially if you had little control left, you wind up with no control. On the flip side, it is probably more sanitary to have them wetting and messing there pants then all over the building. I've heard some pretty disgusting stories, ones that'd make a germ gag. I've also been told, quite a few of the guys still get pretty turned on by the attention they get while being changed. Think about it, 80 years old and some late teen or early twenties cute chick is changing your diapers everyday. Quite a few people heres wet dream.

I work at a LTC facility. If the CNA think's your gonna wet the bed, your being diapered no matter what age. I've seen Pt's who are younger come in for rehab and they have them wearing diapers.

Thanks for your answer Spone , What is CNA and LTC.? I know that when I was in Rehab. they used diapers,but they were very professional when putting them on at night

I dnd'nt need them during the day. Also the girl I dated told me that in some cases they used baby bottles on some paitients.

^ what she said is true. I know people that've worked in homes and the one person told me, ALL residents wore at night and often had chucks under them too. It's really just easier for the staff and since most NEED them anyway, they all get them. Not all wore during the day though but most were incontinent to at least some degree or had trouble getting to the bathroom fast enough so most still wore diapers. It's pretty slow motion at the older ages or less abled. May take twenty minutes to wheel down the hall, get into the bathroom, undress and get on the toilet and for many, it's too late by then.

It is said to be a bad practice for homes to make all wear because it's encouraging incontinence and many feel those that weren't quickly become because they lose the motivation to "make it" to the bathroom. Escentially, like many here, use out of convenience and after some time, especially if you had little control left, you wind up with no control. On the flip side, it is probably more sanitary to have them wetting and messing there pants then all over the building. I've heard some pretty disgusting stories, ones that'd make a germ gag. I've also been told, quite a few of the guys still get pretty turned on by the attention they get while being changed. Think about it, 80 years old and some late teen or early twenties cute chick is changing your diapers everyday. Quite a few people heres wet dream.

Drew i would like to know where you got the idear that the bathrooms where down the hall someplace.Most all nurseing homes have bathrooms in the rooms

"Then again, I doubt that skin integrity would be half the problem if they used proper diapers to begin with. Nursing facilities are a zero sum game in the end though, I got out of that business because it's a physical manifestation of everything that is wrong with the civilized world. It's simply not possible to be able to provide proper care with the amount of resources available to the average individual."

Speak the word my man, er lady, sorry. Nursing homes charge more per month than you could earn now-a-days. So I guess as we age we are all going to be homeless. Nobody to take care of us because our kids are all to busy making $4 an hour and working 80 hours a week, just to survive. Nursing homes are good in certain situations, but not all. And who can afford it? You basically have to break your family just to have medicare pay for it. And the Grandma sits in a crappy $.25 diaper. It's just not right.

Oh and why do these people, caring for our families, make $8/hr? while the CEO's bring in over $100000 a year? hmmm I wonder where they money is going?

• Like 1

Drew i would like to know where you got the idear that the bathrooms where down the hall someplace.Most all nurseing homes have bathrooms in the rooms

Who said you're always in your room? Sure, bathrooms are usually in the rooms but unless you stay in your room 24/7 you may have to wheel down a hallway at some point to go to a bathroom. You could be in the cafeteria, in a common area, etc. and then need to wheel yourself down the hall to a bathroom. I have grandparents in homes now and almost ALL residents share a bathroom with one other resident. Not all residents are that fast to use the bathroom either so it could easily be 20 minutes before you get your turn in your own bathroom.

How many of us here have actually spent time in a nursing home? I know when I spent two weeks at one for rehab from knee surgery on both knees at the same time they didn't diaper me. Even though I told them about my bedwetting problem. They just put a couple of bed pads under me and helped me change my jammie bottoms when I wet them. They were good about not making me feel badly about having the bedwetting problem. Being diapered would have been nice though that is how I deal with it at home. But I wouldn't have wanted to get aroused around them though, they were very professional about helping me clean up and I wouldn't want to make them uncomfortable.

well my gramps just died so he's out of the argument, however my grandmother even when in her room makes no effort to use the restroom two feet away, so yeah the residents tend to always be diapered. In my gramps case he had Alzheimer and it wasn't really his fault. My grams could have been better if she followed the directions she was given after her stroke instead of just being a succubus.(Don't get me wrong I love my grandmother however she is in a device of her own making)

I'm pretty sure it depends on the individual patient along with the facility in which the patient is living. Many 'nursing homes' are also 'assisted living communities' and as such the patients have many different ailments, and have many different levels of independence.