LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Bambino'S Vs. Ab Universe

As many of you know, good adult diapers are about $2 each anymore.

But if that's what it costs to get something that's quality, So be it.

I've tried Bambino's and I really like them.

The only negative thing I can say about them,

is they won't mix "bianco" and "classico" in a 48 case order. (24/24)

I've seen and read a lot about AB Universe and I like the Pampers look they have.

But are they a cheap diaper in a pretty package?

Or are they a good competitor for Bambino's.

I just wanted to hear any unbiased opinions, b/f spending $75 on diapers.

Guest little_jonny

it can get pretty heated when people talk about these two..

i bought off of ABU once and i was happy with the results. the shipping was on time nd i e-mailed them thanking for the service and package, they e-mailed me with in a few hours. baminos i haven't tried yet. i have heard they are pretty good. I would say some people will like ABU cause they have a bit more to choice from. I haven't seen all what bambino has.

I will bite...I have never had an issue that was "serious" with ABU when I use to order from them a long time ago but it did take longer than usual. No big deal there for me. I just had problems with the quality of the diaper for what I paid for it. But, like people said if you just want that look then they aren't bad. Supposively, people have had bad situations in regards to customer service and shipping - I just can't speak to that because I don't order from them really. I just think the prices are too high for what you get...its not a "bad" diaper its just the prices are too inflated for ME at least.

Bambinos, I have never had a problem with them in regards to shipping or customer service and I order from them probably once a month. I like the quality feeling of their diaper and absorbency. Plus, I just feel I am getting A LOT better buy when Bambino is sitting at $1.37 per diaper (mediums) while ABU is sitting at well over $2 a diaper. Esp. when I feel I am getting more bang for my buck with Bambino, just more features and better absorbency.

Overall, I will say ABU's diaper is not a bad diaper, its just too pricey and in conjunction with others bad experiences with their shipping and customer service, but then again its just a matter of what you are after. I prefer features, absorbency, and quality like in Bambino's stuff over the pure quantity of different pricey things ABU offers. That is just MY preference...some people don't care about those things...but being incontinent - there is more important things than just look.

• Like 1

What, you all didn't think I was going to post here?

Anyway, I would really like to know when people talk about how "quality" Bambino is over the "quality" of ABU, what they are implying. Do ABU diapers fall apart, tapes suck, what? You can not use the word quality to compare two diapers when talking about absorbancy, price, features or a customer service as these are a different category. Quality is an integrity of a product here. If there's nothing integrally wrong with an ABU, quit saying they're of a lesser quality. You should say I feel they're a better diaper because of x, y, z.

Adrian, I realize your love for Bambino but I read your blog and this is what you said below about ABU when they first came out. Don't know if you were paid to say it but it seems to contradict a lot of what you say about them not just here but in other threads.

I Heart Diapers ABU Review Wow, I was able to experience these wonderul diapers at ABUniverse…they are truly a wonderful diaper addition to the ABDL community. They are as thick or even thicker than the Bambino diapers and I personally think the baby prints on the diaper are even cuter and babyish than Bambino. I absolutely can’t say enough about these diapers. They hold a ton! They are crinkly like the old style pampers and are I would say the best diaper on the ABDL market today. I highly recommend getting some!

For me, I've tried Bambinos. Diaper was pretty good. Only complaint as far as the diaper was on the Large, the bottom tape on the wing is right in the middle so it seems to be up too high for my taste. As far as the features go, they have one of the most absorbant diapers on the market, waistbands and leg gaurds and have a tape panel so your can refasten them numerous times. They offer them in S, M, L, XL. There are plenty of similar priced diapers with at least one waistband, leg guards and similar absorbancy on the market like Abena X-plus or of course the Secure X-plus but this ones just more babyish looking. There are plenty of diapers on the market again that have the waistband and leg gaurds yet are less absorbant and in turn less expensive say like Depend and Tranquility.

As far as ABU, I've never had one in hand so I can't really tell you the quality. I really haven't heard anyone actually complaining about there the diapers integrity. Guess you could go off Adrian's review but it was the original with two tapes per side. They have one big tape per side now, a number of prints, leg gaurds and decent absorbancy. Definately the most babyish diaper on the market. The biggest gripe on ABU is probably the price as many think it's too high. My opinion, if you want a diaper that's the most babyish one out there and a completely different design then anything else (not a copy of another diaper) then it's going to cost money to make it and it gets passed down to the consumer. The other thing, they only are offered in two sizes, M and L. Nothing really compares to the ABU diaper as far as style goes though. I'd say from what others have said before, if you can afford them, get them and you won't be dissapointed by the diaper.

Really, what it boils down to is this. How babyish a diaper do you want, what features and how much are you willing to spend.

• Like 3

^d_drew: thanks for also pointing out I have that as uncategorized (didn't realize it until I looked at the link)...that post was a long time ago before I really started using mostly premium diapers. Those were the days mainly of Attends. I had really only tried Bambino around the time of ABU because I was a poor grad student at the time so anything better than Attends was heaven to me at the time. But, as I came to find the benefits of premium diapers I started noticing the nuances and negatives more closely between a lot of them such as standing leg cuffs and true absorbency of a diaper rather than just wetting once or twice and being done. Eventually, after trying first Abena, then Molicare, then Bambino and right after ABU - I finally settled on Bambino because of the better price and better features and absorbency (I had a few ABU's leak on me which was not a fun experience, but maybe they are better now, IDK because I don't pay that price for them).

Thanks for reminding me I had that post - I actually had two ABU diaper posts on the same thing so I just merged one into the other. (The newer one was after I fully tried all of them)

• Like 1

As diapers, they are both good for what they are. Whereas Bambino focused more on functionality as a diaper, giving the "cute factor" second fiddle, as it were (and a good second fiddle, not a bad one), ABU did the inverse and provided a diaper that is slightly (and, for the earlier versions, majorly) less functional but much more cute/babyish. By that vein, it really just depends on what you'd like in a diaper. Of course, if you are a small size, really your only option of the two is Bambino.

Now, there is another factor, at least for me, and that is the company's conduct. Both companies, as it happens, have marks against them.

Bambino

The big current issue with Bambino is announcing their new product way too early and/or taking simply too long to get to it. They will find (and have found) that suspense will quickly gives way to irritation in cases like this.

ABU

This is the one that really gets my goat. ABU has numerous marks against their "customer service," ranging from posing as "normal" forumgoers giving their diapers good reviews (for which they have been banned from other communities as recently as yesterday), or advertise, or even upsell their products to promising people shipping of their product and simply never delivering (I have friends who ordered their ABUs on January 4th... and haven't got them yet), to outright telling baldfaced lies about other companies to make themselves seem better.

Now, despite all of that, I will buy ABU's new product if it ever appears in a small. Why? Because what matters to me is the product and its quality. Errors like the previous are a mark against, for certain, but second chances are also important in a niche community such as this.

WOW!!!! Adult baby is really taking on a new meaning. Its like were argueing over a toy. We will probably see Daddy DD have to send us to time out.

I think for "ME" I like the Bambinos because Adrian likes them and looks hot in them...just kidding. No I like them because of there fit first of all. There absorbance, and how there extra absorbant pads fit well into them for night time use. I can honestly say for wearing them 24/7 I have never leaked. I too was an Attends wearer until these came along. As for ABU, the price doesn't bother me because they are not an everyday diaper for me, just a play diaper. I've have paid way more to have European diapers ship to me in the US. There absorbance is fine to me, the fit isn't that great for me with the single tapes, but I still like them.

• Like 3

actually i have a truth be told.. i havent tried them but a friend of mine that is incontinent has the new dry kids.. not the old.. and the new ones she said was even more absorbent then xplus.. and we all know how absorbent those are so if thats true.. they would have to be even better then bambinos sorry to say cause i love bambinos.. now customer service i dont know either since i have yet to order from them.. but i hear bad customer reviews for service not the diaper itself.. at least the new one.. neway what im saying is if the diapers good and it gets to you i wouldnt care to much.. now if your the many that dont get there diapers.. then shit i dont know your SOL.. but i really hear these super dry kids now are really absorbent and would make a better diaper then xplus.. but my friend isnt ab so ya.. theres my two sense

• Like 1

actually absorbancy would fall under wquality, however customer service wouldn't. If a product is intended to absorb fluid than the rate/efficiency of absorbtion would be a quality related issue.

Absorbency I guess could fall under the category of quality but it's somewhat of a grey area I'd say. Obviously a diaper that can only absorb an ounce, wouldn't be a good quality diaper to wear. However, any diaper that can absorb urine is in effect doing its intended job thus being in effect "quality". That being said, pretty much any diaper has this quality. Now personal preference plays in to how much absorbency you feel is sufficient. If you want a diaper to last three full wettings then that's your opinion of a good quality diaper but someone else may say I only need one to last one full wetting and that's their opinion of a good quality diaper. Both diapers get the job done and both people are satisfied. A man may wear a guard or a women a pad to absorb urine because that's the level of absorbency they need, not much, but it doesn't mean their pads are less quality because they absorb less than a brief would/could. A fully incontinent person likely will wear a brief but will choose a level of absorbency they feel is sufficient. One person could say a Depend is quality as it has waist bands, leg guards and sufficient absorbency for them whereas another person a may say the Secure X-Plus is quality for the same reasons. Therefore just because a diaper has less absorbency doesn't mean it equals less quality and more is more. It's more of an opinon.

For me, I really don't like to wear a super absorbent diaper as you pay more for it and I wind up changing it anyway before it's at capacity because of many reasons. Even in one day, I may wear a couple different diapers depending on my schedule. I may wear a super absorbent one before bed, wake up, change into a medium absorbency one because I know I'll be showering in a few hours and am not going to waste a super absorbent diaper or put a half full one on again after showering. So then I shower, put on another medium absorbency one again, run some errands, come home change into a super absorbent one so I can go out all night and not worry, come home again and change into another super absorbent one for bed. Or if I weren't going out may just put on a medium absorbency one. I like being fresh more often so I change more. Both the medium and super absorbent diapers to me are quality because they work for me and do its job.

The only negative thing I can say about them,

is they won't mix "bianco" and "classico" in a 48 case order. (24/24)

Yes they do. Just put you want a mixed case in the instructions when you order.

I haven't ordered from ABU so I am bias towards Bambino. I don't have anything bad to say about them.

d_drew12, relating to your first post, you are drawing conclusions from someone's past post but get upset when someone does the same to you? (Bambino board). Just saying since you drug that to this board too.

Yes they do. Just put you want a mixed case in the instructions when you order.

I tried asking and they e-mailed back some other option that would of cost more.

I guess I understand since that would screw up another case.

And possibly give someone a mix that didn't want one.

Just gotta buy $150 worth of diapers. :P

As the philosopher Jagger once said "You can't always get what you want."

I tried asking and they e-mailed back some other option that would of cost more.

I guess I understand since that would screw up another case.

And possibly give someone a mix that didn't want one.

Just gotta buy $150 worth of diapers. :P

As the philosopher Jagger once said "You can't always get what you want."

Response I got from them.

Hello,

Thank you for your e-mail. We ship our samples through USPS and Bags/Cases through UPS Ground. Usually it takes 5 to 6 business days for delivery. Regarding mix cases -Yes, we can send you a mix case of our Bambino Classico Diapers. Just order any size case of our Bambino Classico and enter on the comments field Mix case of Classico/Bianco per Customer Service. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Thank you,

-Bambino Customer Service-

On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 5:31 PM, XXXXX wrote:

Would it be possible to order a case with half classico and half bianco?

From when I ordered

Date Ordered: Tuesday 21 July, 2009Detailed Invoice:XXXX

I would like a mixed case of bianco and classico, please.

Products

------------------------------------------------------

1 x Bambino Case - Case of 48 LARGE Bambino BIANCO Diapers (BH97411) =$76.75

------------------------------------------------------

Sub-Total: $76.75

Free Shipping Options (Free Shipping): $0.00

Total: $76.75

• 3 weeks later...

I agree heavily with Adrian, and not just because she is uber hot :blush:

I have tried both brands, well...to be fair, Bambinos and the early Ultra dry kids from ABU and the BAmbinos won hands down.

The UDK only held 1 flood and it was done, and you needed to change. The 'nice thing' i guess was that the lining did work to keep you dry...ok..

Down side was the cost, they just weren't worth the price difference between the 2 products, and as far as I can tell, they still aren't.

ABU could have hit one out of the park with the new "cushies' but they only got a base run out of it due to, again, a lack of features. No stand up leak guards, and they don't hold much, again. They are stated as being able to hold as much as the Ultra dry Kids, which don't hold much....unless these have the added surge panel that the 'new' UDK has, and which I haven't tried.

Like Adrian, I don't see the point of paying more for something that doesn't perform as well or better then the competition

Now I am speaking soley as a D/L, and I have my 'technical' requirements, which ABU doesn't cover.

The new cushies are expensive, and don't have the same features that Bambino offers at a much lower price. It's like looking to buy a Chevy at the price of a Cadillac, but it has less features, like roll up windows instead of electric, a manuel tranny instead of an automatic and no air conditioning...then why is it more expensive?? : :huh:

In my opinion ABU blew it with the cushies by not making them thicker and adding the leak barriers. I don't even know if they have an elastic waste band, so again, why the higher cost?? *shrug*

They might change these items and add them later if/ when they get enough traffic and sales improve, but I don't see a reason for me to buy any....I wasn't impressed.. *Shrug*

I guess competition is nice, and it does make for improvements and I guess I should give ABU kudos for at least trying.

But I'll stick with what I have, bambinos and secure Xplus' and abenas, unless something better comes along....disposable wise.

qwack

• Like 1

The only thing in common I see in Bambino vs ABU threads is that there USED TO BE complaints of bad customer service in the past against ABU. I hear it echoed alot, and speaking as an observer there hasn't been any complaints against ABUniverse that I've read posted here or elsewhere in the last year or so. So yeah, they may have had problems, but it was in the past and they've obviously moved past that phase. They just released a new product that a lot of people have been making requests for certain features and they did offer a coupon for those who have been affected by the large volume of orders that have caused shipping delays; that shows a lot of improvement. Now I'm not anti-Bambino either; I've never actually ordered from ABU and I've had quite a number of orders with Bambinos and they have always been helpful, responsive, and ship quickly, so don't think I'm just fighting for ABU; just stating that I haven't seen any complaints about ABU's customer service in recent times, only in the farther past.

Some people need to get their facts straight. Squareduck, ABU DO have standing leg gaurds. It seems to be an on going misconception they don't and obviously anyone that has tried them or has them could easily tell you they do not to mention look at the pictures and reviews and they are clearly visiable.

I think the ABU customer service is doing pretty well. There were quite a few complaints early on but not many at all any more. Sure they got backed up on the new cushies being delivered but it's a new product and I'll bet it was much more received then expected which was a good thing for them. To help off set the inconvenience of a delay which they told us right away about, they offered me 10% off my next order. Currently if you want to compare, Bambinos out of stock on a few different diapers so they all have their ups and downs.

Yeah, I agree, the ABU cushie is highly priced for what it is but really it's only missing the waistbands and more absorbancy but on the flip side it has a look you can't get anywhere else. Pros and cons. It's all in what you want and are willing to pay for I guess.

• Like 1

^ Exactly, its all in what you are wanting and willing to pay. Some people are willing to pay basically an extra $1 PER DIAPER and settle for less absorbency and less features but just have that look. I am just not one of those people. I prefer the better absorbency, lower price, and more features that Bambino has to offer plus in my opinion, they are more reputable. But, I am not trying to say the ABU diaper is bad its just not comparable in my mind with the Bambino. Its just what you are willing to pay and want...thats all!

• Like 1

They are both good diapers in their respects. I think if there was a way to combine the ABU cushies designs and single tapes onto a bambinos thickness, absorbancy and waistbands. Then that would be almost the perfect diaper, and I would pay extra for that.

I did buy a case of the new cushies and have worn a few of them and yes they do have a standing leak guard. Price should never be part of an argument. There are plenty of people that that buy and wear depends that are perfectly happy with them, that would think I am crazy for paying a high price for Bambinos or ABU. Last year I had people paying over $10 per diaper for vintage attends, my wife thinks why would anyone pay that if your just going to piss in them. To that person its quality, to me its just a diaper. To use square ducks analogy some people think that a honda accord is better than a 3 series BMW and vise versa. The ABU single tape diapers don't fit me to my likings they have to much room between my legs and bum. There's a reason in my opinion why baby diapers are single tape, babies don't have much length from the front of their waist to the back of their waist. Therefore, it would not make sence to have more than one tape. But for us adults it makes more sence in a "I want to keep my cloths dry" world to have more than one tape because our hips are longer and our waists are different shapes from waist to hip.If I could have my perfect diaper I would have the Bambino with 3 tapes, fits a little more snug for me.

• Like 1