LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Just The Wrong Size

I've always had issues with adult nappy sizes, and now they've just gotten worse! *sigh*

I am quite slim (29" waist, 36" hips), which means I should fit fine into most brands' "small" sizes, but being male means I usually need a bit more room in the crotch. This leaves me with two options:

a ) Wear the small sizes lower down.

b ) Wear "medium" sizes.

Neither solution is perfect. Wearing small sizes around my hips means being quite precise with tape positioning, and can lead to them slipping off when soggy :( The mediums are really too big for me, they fit up to like 40" waist! It is easier to get a snug fit with ample croth room but the excess of material means they usually leak anyway and are pretty hard to stuff into trousers (pants) comfortably.

I've always gone with solution a) using abena abri-form, once I know where to place the tabs to get a good fit they're perfect. I'm just finishing the last of my previous batch (which have lasted me for ages) and opened one of the brand new ones I got today. I noticed that the marked size range was 5cm wider (60-85cm, instead of 60-80cm) but yet oddly the nappies are actually smaller!!!

I can still get a decent fit but it's a little bit more fiddly than before. As if I don't have enough trouble with sizes, does anyone else have this problem?

I've always had issues with adult nappy sizes, and now they've just gotten worse! *sigh*

I am quite slim (29" waist, 36" hips), which means I should fit fine into most brands' "small" sizes, but being male means I usually need a bit more room in the crotch. This leaves me with two options:

a ) Wear the small sizes lower down.

b ) Wear "medium" sizes.

Neither solution is perfect. Wearing small sizes around my hips means being quite precise with tape positioning, and can lead to them slipping off when soggy :( The mediums are really too big for me, they fit up to like 40" waist! It is easier to get a snug fit with ample croth room but the excess of material means they usually leak anyway and are pretty hard to stuff into trousers (pants) comfortably.

I've always gone with solution a) using abena abri-form, once I know where to place the tabs to get a good fit they're perfect. I'm just finishing the last of my previous batch (which have lasted me for ages) and opened one of the brand new ones I got today. I noticed that the marked size range was 5cm wider (60-85cm, instead of 60-80cm) but yet oddly the nappies are actually smaller!!!

I can still get a decent fit but it's a little bit more fiddly than before. As if I don't have enough trouble with sizes, does anyone else have this problem?

Welcome to the real world of folks who wet yet are not large enough for standard medium adult diapers.

What you shared suggests the main problem: Your hips are significantly larger than your waist which is indeed slender for a mature man your age. In a case like this to size diapers you used the larger of hips or waist. This means to the designer of adult diapers you are at the small range of medium. For you there will be a lot of over-lap. You did not state your height, but when covering your diapers with responsible adult clothing, the top of the diapers could be indiscreet. Of course when you are diapered for bed that extra rise will reduce waist leaking.

The leg hole situation will be a problem. I strongly suspect diaper designers intend adult small for women who have lees need for room in front. Back in 1981 when I had to transition from gauze to disposable diapers, the available medium had a top tape way above my hips and the lower tape could not be positioned to make the fit around my upper thighs snug. At least there was an adult small just large enough for my hips. The small leg holes did fit my upper thighs.

Gaining experience self-diapering will take time and practice. It well could be you will need two different brands and sizes. One for bed and another for walking around. For many years I have always kept poly-plastic Youth for bed. Days when disposable slip-in pads do not have enough capacity when I am active I use Breathable Small. Those are not as good in bed as Youth. Breathable Small leak less when moving around.

You did not state your height, but when covering your diapers with responsible adult clothing, the top of the diapers could be indiscreet. Of course when you are diapered for bed that extra rise will reduce waist leaking.

I am 5'9". Mediums ride waaay too high to wear indiscreetly :angry: . The smalls are actually more comfortable once I get the taping right.

Wetting at night isn't a problem, it never happens ... execpt on purpose ^_^

I'm in the same boat. I can wear a medium but don't like the fit. As I mature I find that it does seem the smalls that are available in a plastic backed are shrinking. I still stay with Molicares as they tend to stretch and provide a snugger fit. Most of the other big name diapers have to much of a European cut in the legs and tend to pinch at the thigh.

Other than the dream of getting smaller again, I could opt to gain a few pounds and thus grow into a medium, but then again....I think I'll stay were I am :whistling:

I have this problem with some diapers. Particularly brands where they lazily combine the S and M into S/M (I'm looking at you, Depend). I have a 30" waist and no smalls fit without being seriously tight with all the problems that brings. Likewise, mediums tend to bunch at the front just below and outside the lower tabs because they're a bit too big. Mediums work better for me than smalls though.