LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Abu Cushies

so you have absolutely no problem that ABU supported [That site]?

Honestly, they withdrew their support once they realized they made the error. It's plainly obvious from their actions that they had no idea who D-ker was.

That didn't trouble me as much as two other things:

1: They pretended to be "satisfied customers" and went onto forums to give their products good reviews and naysay people who had issues.

2: They weren't in tune enough with our community to realize how awful that site was.

If they've learned enough not to do 1, and are actually trying to learn from their mistakes, I'm willing to forgive, personally, and I haven't seen any indication that 1 is continuing so bygones, etc. :)

• Like 1

Honestly, they withdrew their support once they realized they made the error. It's plainly obvious from their actions that they had no idea who D-ker was.

That didn't trouble me as much as two other things:

1: They pretended to be "satisfied customers" and went onto forums to give their products good reviews and naysay people who had issues.

2: They weren't in tune enough with our community to realize how awful that site was.

If they've learned enough not to do 1, and are actually trying to learn from their mistakes, I'm willing to forgive, personally, and I haven't seen any indication that 1 is continuing so bygones, etc. :)

Meh, lots of businesses do that, most in real life, do you really think "4 out of 5" prefer something? ;) It's just another medium, same tactic. I firmly believe in "try before you buy" ... samples are the way to go, and I do try to get samples of any product I buy before buying much, because the companies will always spread the message that their product is better than others.

• Like 1

Meh, lots of businesses do that, most in real life, do you really think "4 out of 5" prefer something? ;) It's just another medium, same tactic. I firmly believe in "try before you buy" ... samples are the way to go, and I do try to get samples of any product I buy before buying much, because the companies will always spread the message that their product is better than others.

The situation you describe is completely different from what actually happened.

This was testemonials on forums without letting the moderators or forum members know that they were there to advertise on the products and making testimonials that they had bought the product, had great experience, and wanted to buy the product again, AND implying that everybody who hadn't had a great experience was outright lying, in specific and directed responses to those people. It's immoral and dishonest, and every business that does the same should be called out as immoral and dishonest. The common term in consumer forums for this is "Sock Puppeting" and it's roundly seen as a despicable tactic (Scott Adams of Dilbert fame was actually ridiculed for it last week, but it happens in many types of business and is pretty much universally decried as the slimy, underhanded tactic that it is). Do you understand the difference between creating a false persona on a forum to do this and paying for an advertisement that does it? (Those advertisements, and company's own websites) are usually where the "4 out of 5" lines happen) It's one thing to say ABU is getting better as a company. It's an entirely different thing to deny the sins of their past.

But again, I hope that's a thing of the past for ABU. If they've turned over a new leaf it's better for everybody (Which is why I've personally made an order from them and am giving them a chance now! :))

i still will not order from ABU again... their sizing is completely inaccurate..... I sent them an email informing them of the discrpency in what they say their diapers fit and that they dont... the email i received back basically implied i was fatter than I thought. I offoered to send them pictural evidence of my waist/hip size, and the diapers they sent me...... they never responded.

so customer service gets an awful grade from me...

sizing accuracy gets an awful grade from me...

i was very excited to try the cushies, and if they were good we would have purchased form them often, but alas.... this diaper and company has nothing to offer me.

Even if they come out with the 'xl' diaper.... to me, customer service is essential.. ESPECIALLY when catering to such a niche community as abdl......

and i didn't get any candy in my box!!!!

I measured the back and front panel of the ABU cushies I have in size large. They are both 28" across meaning the fit up to a 56" waist. They are the same width as my abenas and attends extended wear which both claim to fit up to a size 56" waist. 28" in back, 28" in front = 56". Keep in mind though, this means if you are 56" in the waist/hips (whichever greater too remember), the front and back panel will just touch meaning the tape will tape right to the edge of the front panel.

On the cushies, there is a tape landing zone that is 19" across. So, if you want the tape to land in that zone, your hips/waist can be no greater than 47". I don't get why these aren't fitting you unless they changed them. 56" is pretty standard for the large to go up to and that's what I measure. It's just that if you're over 47", you won't land the tapes on the tape zone.

Sarah_ab

As I posted before, not sure why they don't fit you. I think it's pretty rediculous of you to trash the ABU brand because they didn't fit you. Obviously your body must be a different shape or larger in one area to make them not fit. No offense, I'm no skinny minny either. The diapers are 28" on the front panel, and back = 56" which is their claim. The numbers DO NOT lie! If they do not fit you, you must be over 56" somewhere. I just don't get how THEIR sizes are inaccurate in your opinion. It may hurt to hear it but if nobody else is really having a problem with the sizing, then maybe the problem is......

• Like 3

The situation you describe is completely different from what actually happened.

This was testemonials on forums without letting the moderators or forum members know that they were there to advertise on the products and making testimonials that they had bought the product, had great experience, and wanted to buy the product again, AND implying that everybody who hadn't had a great experience was outright lying, in specific and directed responses to those people. It's immoral and dishonest, and every business that does the same should be called out as immoral and dishonest. The common term in consumer forums for this is "Sock Puppeting" and it's roundly seen as a despicable tactic (Scott Adams of Dilbert fame was actually ridiculed for it last week, but it happens in many types of business and is pretty much universally decried as the slimy, underhanded tactic that it is). Do you understand the difference between creating a false persona on a forum to do this and paying for an advertisement that does it? (Those advertisements, and company's own websites) are usually where the "4 out of 5" lines happen) It's one thing to say ABU is getting better as a company. It's an entirely different thing to deny the sins of their past.

But again, I hope that's a thing of the past for ABU. If they've turned over a new leaf it's better for everybody (Which is why I've personally made an order from them and am giving them a chance now! :))

How is that really different? The "4 out of 5" ads do not say "not really, but we're saying that anyway". Blizzard does the forum thing a lot as well, so do almost all online video game companies. It's why many forums completely ban advertising or even mentioning other websites now. For starting companies spam is about the only way they know how to get their message across, and that's what it is. If you honestly believe that any company you trust has never used this tactic, then you'd be amazed to know, they did. ;)

• Like 1

How is that really different? The "4 out of 5" ads do not say "not really, but we're saying that anyway". Blizzard does the forum thing a lot as well, so do almost all online video game companies. It's why many forums completely ban advertising or even mentioning other websites now. For starting companies spam is about the only way they know how to get their message across, and that's what it is. If you honestly believe that any company you trust has never used this tactic, then you'd be amazed to know, they did. ;)

Because the advertisement isn't pretending to be anything but an advertisement. It is undisguised and obviously an intent to get people to give the company money.

The sock puppet, on the other hand, is a person lying and being generally fraudulent to get people to give the company money.

If you honestly believe that every company has used this tactic, you should acquaint yourself with the laws against corporate fraud. There's a reason why there's a fine print every time one of those ads has the "4 out of 5" stuff. They're required by the FTC to actually provide the sources for that, or they are found guilty of false advertising. When they have testemonials by paid actors, you'll notice text somewhere in the commercial saying so because it is required by law. People who do this in public forae without disclosing their affiliation are either fined or sent to prison, depending on the type of company they are representing. Your cynicism is overriding your need for empirical fact and your apologisms are overriding your ability to judge the difference between fraud and good business-making.

Source for the testimonial rule (The FTC). It is a federal crime to not disclose when testimonials are fake:

http://business.ftc.gov/documents/bus71-ftcs-revised-endorsement-guideswhat-people-are-asking

A second link, more legalese:

http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2009/10/endortest.shtm

Are you clear? ABU (or at least those representatives of the company) committed a federal crime. It's not okay. It's not something "every company does," and your apologisms are not based in reality.

FYI. The most recent occurrence of this was January. ABU was not a "starting company" any more at that point.

• Like 1

My Cushies sample arrived today. VERY fast. Completely discrete.

I'm not too fond of the print, but the diaper is VERY comfortable. Like with all of my diapers, I am wearing it with two Bambino doublers.

I'm surprised that I very much like the single tape design! Perhaps it's due to my own small stature but it makes the diaper fit quite perfectly on me. Like a glove, even. :)

The tapes are actually MORE sturdy than my most recent batch of Secure X-Plus. We will see how the diaper holds up (I wear my secures under precisely the same conditions, with perhaps plastic pants to prevent leaking as a failsafe).

More soon. :)

• Like 1

That was fast!

Absorbency is good.

Tapes can not be refastened. Not even a little bit! This is not a mark against the diaper, since it's true for pretty much every brand, even the ones that say they can be refastened, but worthy of note.

Wore the second sample to bed. Wearing my usual cloth over it to protect against leaks, just in case. Will examine to see if it did. Woke up early due to my stupid shoulder. Going back to bed. Likely means a second wetting. Will post as soon as I can, in like 4 hours, to assess performance.

Was a little concerned about the tapes when I put on the second diaper. They didn't seem quite as sturdy as they were on the first. The leak guards do not cover as well as I'd like, probably due to my slim size, so that may preclude my purchase, as I can't walk around with the huge cloth diaper for extra protection all the time.

So far, looks like a winner, and at around 3 cents less than Bambino when I buy 80 (Which I'm prone to do, since I'll be using the things every night and perhaps twice a day) they're looking pret-ty good.

(I love that somebody who plainly doesn't get why the rep system is there is neg-repping everything that's said that's negative about ABU and everything that's positive about Bambino and pos-repping the inverse, no matter the quality of post. I wonder if my posts recognizing both the faults and the positive traits of both companies are making your self-appointed job hard?)

Wore the second sample to bed. Wearing my usual cloth over it to protect against leaks, just in case. Will examine to see if it did. Woke up early due to my stupid shoulder. Going back to bed. Likely means a second wetting. Will post as soon as I can, in like 4 hours, to assess performance.

Was a little concerned about the tapes when I put on the second diaper. They didn't seem quite as sturdy as they were on the first. The leak guards do not cover as well as I'd like, probably due to my slim size, so that may preclude my purchase, as I can't walk around with the huge cloth diaper for extra protection all the time.

So far, looks like a winner, and at around 3 cents less than Bambino when I buy 80 (Which I'm prone to do, since I'll be using the things every night and perhaps twice a day) they're looking pret-ty good.

(I love that somebody who plainly doesn't get why the rep system is there is neg-repping everything that's said that's negative about ABU and everything that's positive about Bambino and pos-repping the inverse, no matter the quality of post. I wonder if my posts recognizing both the faults and the positive traits of both companies are making your self-appointed job hard?)

For me it was the tapes that were the best part of them, I like single tapes, and the Cushies are actually wide enough to hold. The second best design feature is always the prints. Bambino is cute and all but I don't like having a wet diaper on for long, so it's really a waste to me considering the tape system isn't what I prefer. The one thing to remember about the Cushies is that they are actually replicas, not adult diapers made different but baby diapers made larger. I don't remember if I pointed this out before, but what works great for babies doesn't always work as well for adults in design, but that also depends on your skeletal structure. For me the Cushies fit perfectly and leak no more than any other brand while sleeping (they leak a little less because of the tapes actually) but when awake they almost never leak for me (except when I forget to change). For many they are best as a novelty though, exclusive use may not be practical for most body types.

• Like 1

Honestly, the part I LEAST like is the print, or at least the print on the landing panel. Not too fond of it at all. It's the least good part of an otherwise very good diaper. The print on the "diaper" part of the diaper is okay, but the colors on the landing panel are just too darn LOUD for me.

Sarah_ab

As I posted before, not sure why they don't fit you. I think it's pretty rediculous of you to trash the ABU brand because they didn't fit you. Obviously your body must be a different shape or larger in one area to make them not fit. No offense, I'm no skinny minny either. The diapers are 28" on the front panel, and back = 56" which is their claim. The numbers DO NOT lie! If they do not fit you, you must be over 56" somewhere. I just don't get how THEIR sizes are inaccurate in your opinion. It may hurt to hear it but if nobody else is really having a problem with the sizing, then maybe the problem is......

but i'm not the only one with a problem with their sizing.....

course your right my ass could be bigger than my hips and waist.. most diapers are not made to fit a woman with actual hips....

is the 56" account that the backs of diapers are supposed to overlap on the front? so is that really like 60" with two inches on each side deducted to account for the overlap? I'm certainly not a 52" waist either.

I suppose it is possible that they sent me the wrong size...

but i posted my experiences with a product, and the service i received that i would not be purchasing from this company...

just like someone who goes online and discusses the awful customer service recieved at wal mart and how they ahte shopping at such an awful store....

But thanks for calling me a fat ass..... very nicely done.

but i'm not the only one with a problem with their sizing.....

course your right my ass could be bigger than my hips and waist.. most diapers are not made to fit a woman with actual hips....

is the 56" account that the backs of diapers are supposed to overlap on the front? so is that really like 60" with two inches on each side deducted to account for the overlap? I'm certainly not a 52" waist either.

I suppose it is possible that they sent me the wrong size...

but i posted my experiences with a product, and the service i received that i would not be purchasing from this company...

just like someone who goes online and discusses the awful customer service recieved at wal mart and how they ahte shopping at such an awful store....

But thanks for calling me a fat ass..... very nicely done.

As I mentioned in another unrelated thread, ABU is far from the only company out there exaggerating its sizing. I've attempted to strap on a Tena (small) that was supposed to fit up to a 36" waist and, despite the fact that I'm only a 33", I couldn't have gotten that thing on without packing tape to hold it together around the waist.

I can't really speak to the experience you had with customer service, because I've not had any issues that necessitated me interfacing with their customer service after I ordered.

• Like 1

yea, everyones sizing is out to lunch!

But, its not entirely their fault. Alot of these diapers are made overseas where their sizing and cuts do differ (sometimes drastically). So you really need to try some samples before jumping into a case of diapers...

On topic... Ill make a small review on the ABU cushies...

The double tapes are great, i really didnt think that they would work so well, but they do!

The absorbency sucks, at least it does compared to anything else i have worn in the last 5 years. I really though they would be better than this, i dont think i have had one that didnt leak while sitting after one small wetting. This is both good and bad i suppose, they are pretty thin, nice for 'playing around' as compared to a thicker diaper.

Like mentioned before, the design on the plastic backing is great, but the tape zone is a little 'in your face', i personally think it could be better.

The plastic backing is a little bit thin/fragile. The ol lady likes to get a little carried away while 'playing' and out of all of the other diapers i have, she always seems to tear these ones up real easily LOL

Overall, a pretty nice diaper, but the absorbency lacks greatly!

yea, everyones sizing is out to lunch!

But, its not entirely their fault. Alot of these diapers are made overseas where their sizing and cuts do differ (sometimes drastically). So you really need to try some samples before jumping into a case of diapers...

On topic... Ill make a small review on the ABU cushies...

The double tapes are great, i really didnt think that they would work so well, but they do!

The absorbency sucks, at least it does compared to anything else i have worn in the last 5 years. I really though they would be better than this, i dont think i have had one that didnt leak while sitting after one small wetting. This is both good and bad i suppose, they are pretty thin, nice for 'playing around' as compared to a thicker diaper.

Like mentioned before, the design on the plastic backing is great, but the tape zone is a little 'in your face', i personally think it could be better.

The plastic backing is a little bit thin/fragile. The ol lady likes to get a little carried away while 'playing' and out of all of the other diapers i have, she always seems to tear these ones up real easily LOL

Overall, a pretty nice diaper, but the absorbency lacks greatly!

Give me a Bambino, but give me ABU's wrapping (much softer and more comfortable) and you've got a winner.

• Like 1

I finally ordered a package of Abu Cushies. I'm pretty impressed. They may not be the best diaper I have ever tried, but they are pretty darn good.

Here's my review:

Print:

I didn't find the print to be too obnoxious, and it definitely captures that babyish feel.

Tapes:

The tapes seemed pretty week at first, however, after having worn the diaper for a couple of hours, the tapes were a bit on the tough side to pull off the landing zone. They definitely weren't going to pop off. As far as the single big tape vs multiple tapes goes, I actually liked the large single tape. The single tape seemed to hold as well if not better than some double tape diapers. I also found it easier to put the diaper on because I only had to reposition one tape. Perhaps I have the right geometry so to speak, I've heard others say that the single tape didn't work for them.

Capacity:

I was able to wet the cushies a couple of times, and they didn't leak. They aren't as absorbent as Abena M4 or Dry 24/7. They probably have a capacity similar to the Abena M2.

Construction/Features:

I found the construction of the diaper to be top rate, the standing leg guards were high enough to do their job. The plastic although loud seems to be strong enough that it doesn't stretch too much. The absorbent padding of the diaper was good, and didn't fall apart when wet which is something that I've noticed that the Abena products have started to do. The landing zone was properly attached to the diaper and didn't separate from the diaper while in use. The one thing I do wish was different is that the thickness of the diaper was greater. Though it did hold wettings quite well, it didn't give me the same feeling of confidence in it's absorbency that a thicker diaper does.

Sizing:

I found that the medium sizing was on par with other manufacturers. The tapes seemed to land in about the same place that they do with other diapers, so I'm not sure that Abu sizing is that different from Abena, Attends, Active Ultra, or Secure

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...

Their sizing runs small which seems to becoming more standard. Everything is being downsized from ice cream cartons to diapers. I wear a medium in most diapers, but theres isn't tape-able in medium and the large is way to big on me.

Just tried a large one on from a sample pack and it split right up the front within 10 mins when I bent over to pick something up. The outer plastic is extremely thin.

post-2590-0-75574700-1307904866_thumb.jp

• Like 1

You know I tried these and I was highly dissappointed. They leaked on me and they were the right size. They just didn't have a very good capacity and after the first minimal wetting they clumped up in the middle. :/ I've heard a lot of people have had this problem with them. Not to mention, the tapes stopped sticking after a good hour or two.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

You know I tried these and I was highly dissappointed. They leaked on me and they were the right size. They just didn't have a very good capacity and after the first minimal wetting they clumped up in the middle. :/ I've heard a lot of people have had this problem with them. Not to mention, the tapes stopped sticking after a good hour or two.

i thought they were ok, but the sizing is smaller than most. good tapes, not as thin as i was thinking. defenitely would like an xl size in the cushie. I wear a large bambino no problem.

Their sizing runs small which seems to becoming more standard. Everything is being downsized from ice cream cartons to diapers. I wear a medium in most diapers, but theres isn't tape-able in medium and the large is way to big on me.

Just tried a large one on from a sample pack and it split right up the front within 10 mins when I bent over to pick something up. The outer plastic is extremely thin.

A few Days a go I had A Bambino Diaper split up the back of the diaper I notice it about 30 minutes after my Girlfriend put it on me. I don't think its Bambino or ABU asking the diapers Manufacturers to make them cheaper. I think The Manufacture are doing it to save on cost but it makes Bambino & ABU look bad at the same time..

• 1 month later...