LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Abu Cushies

I ordered a 10 pack a while back, and while they have cute prints, they were functionally the worst diapers I have tried in a while. every single diaper in the pack had the right tape come loose almost immediately due to not being sticky enough. The tapes are too wide for how short they are, they need to either make them narrower or longer. One night I slept in nothing but a Cushie and at some point during the night my sweat caused the purple ink on the surface of the diaper to transfer to parts of my thighs and forearm. And all this goes without saying that as far as absorbency is concerned they are on par with or below that of depends/store brands. So IMHO Cushies are great for taking pics or short term AB play, but nothing more, they are too expensive for such low quality/absorbency.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I like these diapers and they are like made for the adult kid inside of you. It took about 5 good wettings from and it finally leaked and that was goood. the tapes are descent and better than Abenas. I would buy these a few more times.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I just got my order of ABU SDK 10 pack, and I've gotta say, these are awsome! If you are looking for an adult version of the mid 90's pampers, this is the ticket. The baby fresh smell they add makes it a great replica, the soft plastic feels nice and is plenty crinkley. No problems with the tapes so far, was able to stick and restick when I first put it on. They feel good and bulky. Haven't wet it yet, so not sure how it will hold up.

• Like 1

Can anyone tell me what kind of turn-around time ABU has when you order within the US? Want to order a pack of cushies but need to make sure they wont show up while my family is in town. For example I order them on Monday any guesses on how long it would take them to show up?

Can anyone tell me what kind of turn-around time ABU has when you order within the US? Want to order a pack of cushies but need to make sure they wont show up while my family is in town. For example I order them on Monday any guesses on how long it would take them to show up?

Why don't you get in touch with ABU and ask? I'm sure that if you explain the situation, they'll be able to offer some advice about when you should place an order.

Also, they use FedEx, IIRC? Go to FedEx's site and get a time in transit quote for Ground from 98290 to your ZIP - that will tell you how long it should take to arrive once ABU ship the order.

• Like 1

It all matters what state your in on the east coast or west coast I am on the east coast in pa and it takes 6 sometimes 7 days for me to get my diapers from them if your in say mid or west coast it would be much faster.

• Like 2

I ordered from Canada and it took exactly 10 days. ABU will send you a shipping notification with a tracking number, and the link for the tracking number will give you the fedex site where they give an estimated delivery date. I ordered a 10 pack and it came in a plain brown 9x12x10" box.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

These aren't terrible. I know the ABU Cushie vs. Bambino thing has turned political in both emotion and caliber of argument, but my personal take on the ABU Cushies is that it 'wins' on the outside, 'loses' on the inside. Specifically:

Things ABU Cushies do well:

- The single tapes work, and are more closely aligned with the fetish ideal. If Bambino is going to experiment with tapes, they should definitely look in this direction and not in the direction of stretchy tapes. One way to improve on these already great tapes - make them solid white, not transparent.

- The patterns on the diaper were unexpectedly pleasant. I had thought at first they would be too loud, like those on ABU's old overnight diaper's landing tapes (ick). Having said that, they definitely fit strongly into the AB category of the fetish. As long as the SDK diapers keep parity with the Cushies in absorbancy and features I can see those serving as a sort-of 'bianco' of the ABU lines.

- The landing tape is ok. I personally liked their SDK landing tape design more, but it probably would look out of place with the diaper pattern on the Cushies. My biggest hang up with the landing tape is the transparent background, and how it causes the landing tape print to sloppily overlap the diaper pattern underneath. A landing tape with a white background may be better.

- The crinkle is golden, if you're after that sort of thing. It would be wholly impractical for folks wearing 24/7 I suppose, but for the fetish-based occasional wearer, Cushies crinkle well.

Things ABU Cushies do poorly:

- Function as a diaper. Without additional liners or stuffers, ABU Cushies have a dismal ability to keep from leaking. I don't think the gatherers are particularly bad, and it doesn't seem to be a tape issue. I can only blame the lack of absorption material. Of note to ABU: This isn't the sort of issue you fix by adding a small blue patch of extra material in the middle or up front, you literally have 1/2 - 1/3 of the material that is needed throughout the diaper. On this point it isn't even fair to compare ABUs to Bambinos (which are great as far as absorbency goes)... Cushies absorbency falls somewhere between Depends (normal) and Attends (American) in my opinion.

- Discretion. With respect to discretion under clothing, Bambinos win. This is partly due to the absorbancy issue, and partly due to the sound 'feature' of Cushies. It's also worth noting that appearance-wise, Bianco's are excusable without a direct connection to being a fetish... ABU has no equivalent that isn't a third party brand.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I've never tried Abu yet. I guess the only thing keeping me from trying them is their performance. My current brand (who's name is not relevant to this thread) ;-) Works REALLY well for me functionally, and it satisfies my AB side as well. If Abu surpassed in the performance dept I'd be sold. To me performance is a big deal, I like to REALLY wet my diaper (and fast), and my current diap, with a stuffer can just barely keep up as it is. I'd also like a thicker diaper. To me, over the top sensory sort of things is what does it for me.

I am Not sure if I like ABU diapers anymore they are VERY noisy when walking. way to much they are as bad as the depends of the 90's with the noise. I will have to start buying more bambino

I like the Cushies best now, the all over print is adorable and works with any outift "just in case", since I wear skirts all the time. I don't care about the oise one way or the other, no one ever notices and I can't hear it myself when out in public. I love single tape diapers, period, so I am a bit biased because of it, but these tapes are better than the other single tape brand I did find. The fit is perfect, I have found no other adult sized diaper that fits as well as these. Absorbency is fine for daytime wear, since I don't like to be wet too long anyway, and with a booster they work fine for nighttime or long trips. Honestly, I really don't get why other adult brands are not made like this.

I like the Cushies best now, the all over print is adorable and works with any outift "just in case", since I wear skirts all the time. I don't care about the oise one way or the other, no one ever notices and I can't hear it myself when out in public. I love single tape diapers, period, so I am a bit biased because of it, but these tapes are better than the other single tape brand I did find. The fit is perfect, I have found no other adult sized diaper that fits as well as these. Absorbency is fine for daytime wear, since I don't like to be wet too long anyway, and with a booster they work fine for nighttime or long trips. Honestly, I really don't get why other adult brands are not made like this.

I love the single tape as well. but I went to get a blood test the other day for my A1C and they keep calling me up to the front and every time I walked you could hear it the one guy looked at me after i walked passed him I know why he heard the diaper everyone could. after I sat back down my G/F said to me he hears your diaper I told her I know he keeps looking .

I love the single tape as well. but I went to get a blood test the other day for my A1C and they keep calling me up to the front and every time I walked you could hear it the one guy looked at me after i walked passed him I know why he heard the diaper everyone could. after I sat back down my G/F said to me he hears your diaper I told her I know he keeps looking .

Sounds like the guy was just too involved in other people's business. ;) Probably, he has no life of his own. Think about how many times you hear change rattling in people's pockets .... chances are you were too busy to notice, but a lot of people do carry loose change in their pockets. If someone is paying that close attention to other people, it's likely they are hiding something themselves and looking for anything that they can project it onto.

However, the strange thing is that the Cushies and SDK's "normal" plastic backing isn't much noisier than Bambinos or even the medical diapers, especially if there is cloth over them like pants or underwear. The manufacturers however did screw up and used the wrong plastic backing on the SDKs recently, it is a bit louder but that's not the worst problem, the backing they got on their last shipment leaked. The plastic they normally use is really not noisier than Bambino.

• Like 1

Sounds like the guy was just too involved in other people's business. ;) Probably, he has no life of his own. Think about how many times you hear change rattling in people's pockets .... chances are you were too busy to notice, but a lot of people do carry loose change in their pockets. If someone is paying that close attention to other people, it's likely they are hiding something themselves and looking for anything that they can project it onto.

However, the strange thing is that the Cushies and SDK's "normal" plastic backing isn't much noisier than Bambinos or even the medical diapers, especially if there is cloth over them like pants or underwear. The manufacturers however did screw up and used the wrong plastic backing on the SDKs recently, it is a bit louder but that's not the worst problem, the backing they got on their last shipment leaked. The plastic they normally use is really not noisier than Bambino.

well that might be why they make so much noise then because its from a case I just got 2 weeks ago and it is the SDKs diaper I was wearing but my diapers don't leak

well that might be why they make so much noise then because its from a case I just got 2 weeks ago and it is the SDKs diaper I was wearing but my diapers don't leak

Then you likely have the "wrong" plastic, I should clarify that many leaked in pinhole places at random when really wet (I drink too much coffee as do a lot of people :P ).The Cushies have all over print, that's the easiest way to tell them apart. ;)

Well it's not really a 'going out, doing stuff' diaper, is it? IMO, Cushies aren't suited to that. They're for relaxing at home, not going to the doctor's office... There are plenty of diapers designed with 'out and about discretion' in mind - ABU's diapers probably aren't :P

• Like 1
Guest Unconstruct

Err Why would you wear a diaper like the cushies to a doctor office? Of course it's noisy, of course it's not discreet, it's a freakin AB diaper meant to do opposite of all things dicreet! What if you had to take your pants down for something the doctor wanted? Oh look at you with your big baby colorful diaper on lol Your GF actually goes with you to the doctors office while you are in AB mode wearing a diaper? lmao... Why are you so unsure of why tha guy heard your diaper? OMG I don't think going to the doctor's office is time to do AB stuff... oh lord.

The only thing i don;t like about this diaper is how high they come up in the back. It makes it almost impossible to discretely wear.

You don't get these to discreetly wear! It's a fun diaper meant to NOT BE DISCREET!! My god if you want to wear discreet, absorbant stuff out and about, then use pads or pullups... Freakin full-on diapers are meant for bed-ridden, sick and immobile people that can't get up to go to the bathroom. Otherwise(even mobile incontinent people) use pads or caths out in public, doctor's offices ect ect not a full on diaper! They may use those at home or at night, but I find it very rare for a person that is incontinent and NOT in a wheelchair, to wear big diapers in public.

Use the diapers for what they are intended...AB/DL wear!! not as a "go-out in public under pants" Get some Depends for that and it's alot cheaper!

Well it's not really a 'going out, doing stuff' diaper, is it? IMO, Cushies aren't suited to that. They're for relaxing at home, not going to the doctor's office... There are plenty of diapers designed with 'out and about discretion' in mind - ABU's diapers probably aren't :P

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Unconstruct

I never said anything about going to the doctor's office. I went to Quest Diagnostics its a lab where they take blood..and I wear my diapers 24/7

err same deal, lab or doctor office.

This 24/7 thing..WTF... pffftttt

Just stupid to down name a brand that is clearly NOT a medical garment and clearly NOT meant for true incontinence use... It's a FETISH garment.

funny how you down name then cause some guy heard them as you walked by and blah blah blah.......nevermind.

Quite a GF yo uhave there...putting up with her baby 24/7 err.

err same deal, lab or doctor office.

This 24/7 thing..WTF... pffftttt

Just stupid to down name a brand that is clearly NOT a medical garment and clearly NOT meant for true incontinence use... It's a FETISH garment.

funny how you down name then cause some guy heard them as you walked by and blah blah blah.......nevermind.

Quite a GF yo uhave there...putting up with her baby 24/7 err.

o.O Actually, it's great for need, the medical styles have a very strange fit and are rarely any better, especially for the price. Not to mention, again, the cute patterns make them actually look more pleasant, making you worry less is someone does spot them when wearing short skirts (I always do and am incontinent). As for his choice to wear 24/7 ... I'm glad he's at least that courageous, needing them is tough, the need itself isn't the toughest part, it's the morons who think it's "strange" or "wrong" for someone between 3 and 80 years of age to wear them for need or otherwise. This is a discussion of the pros and cons of this brand, not a discussion of judgment on someone for their choices. I pointed out that the recent shipment had the wrong plastic, which actually sounds more like a plastic bag than a diaper anyway, and that doesn't sound right no matter what. The plastic they normally use sounds just like a classic 80s style diaper, which isn't much noisier than any of the medical brand anyway though someone wearing them may notice the noise themselves more because they are thinking about it more, they are cute and unique. But the brand is a very good quality, they actually have better absorbency than Secure Plus which is only $20 less than the SDK's normal price. Single tapes fit better, as long as they are wide like ABU's diapers, and the cut is much better than the typical adult ones ... so ... essentially it's easy to see why anyone (even those who need them like me) would choose this brand over even some of the "medical" brands. Just because something is needed doesn't mean it has to look ugly. Walkers get paint jobs, people dress up their wheelchairs, glasses come in many colors, shapes and sizes, why not diapers?

• Like 1

I am with you on this one KittenAB they actually have better absorbency than Secure Plus and any brand you will find in any store they fit better then bambino!!! and they have a great price. I am an A/B and I wear my diaper 24/7 and proud of it!!!

• Like 1

^ I am going to have to disagree highly on the absorbency fact. This has been discussed many times over and multiple people have said it through out this thread that the absorbency is no where near a Bambino, Secure, Molicare, Abena...this is well established already. Maybe the one tape thing appeals to certain people and some people like the design better but thats about all it is...it is truly a novelty diaper because it lacks the absorbency that Molicare, Abena, Bambino and Secure have. Which is why they charge so much because they realize people looking for a novelty diaper will pay that price.

• Like 1