LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Baby/Kid Food And "Mini" Foods

Codymoogle

I know I post about foods a lot on here...I wonder about other peoples' eating habits a lot cause it tells a lot about a person, and I'm interested to "get in the heads" of people a little bit.

That said, I have two question sets.

1. What are your definitions of "baby food", "toddler food", "kid food", and "adult food"? Are they any different to you, and if so, how? Which do you prefer, and why?

2. Do you like "mini" food? Like "personal" pizzas, mini pizza bagels, chicken nuggets (vs. say a chicken breast or patty), the mini ice cream cones, mini doughnuts, mini graham crackers (think Teddy Grahams), mini pancakes, things like Ritz Bits...anything that comes in a "mini" version. If so, why? If not, why? Do the mini versions ever feel more baby/toddler/kid-like to you?

Here are my answers:

What are your definitions of "baby food", "toddler food", "kid food" and "adult food"? Are they any different to you, and if so, how?

"Baby food" to me is any sort of puree that's made with baby in mind, and not made as just a dip (example, guacamole isn't necessarily baby food). The purees can be thin, thick, chunky, as long as it's some sort of puree. I also consider formula baby food.

In my mind, "toddler food" is a step up from baby food. Toddler food can consist of well cooked food being through a fine shred or chop, but without the liquid and extra pulsing to make it a puree...You know how there's a method of shredding pork or chicken for barbecue sandwiches? What I'm saying is kind of like the end result of the meat. Toddler food can also consist of a more rough chop, like dicing into small bites. Toddler food should also be able to be easily chewed and swallowed. I also consider things such as Zwiebeck toast toddler food.

"Kid food" is larger than toddler food in my mind...Larger and firmer bites. I think kid foods should still be cut up into manageable size, though. I also think the "mini" food can be classified as kid's food...smaller and more manageable than larger versions, but too large for babies or toddlers.

"Adult food" to me is completely or minimally unaltered.

Example:

An apple.

Baby preparation = peel, bake or steam, puree into applesauce.

Toddler preparation = peel (usually, but can be omitted for us bigger toddlers), bake or steam (can probably be omitted depending on toddler's age), dice finely.

Kid preparation = peel (if desired), core and slice into wedges.

Adult preparation = eat.

Which do you prefer, and why?

I prefer Baby through Kid preparation, depending on the food. It's just nicer that way.

Do you like "mini" food? If so, why?

Yes, very much. It cuts down on the prep work.

Do the mini versions ever feel more baby/toddler/kid-like to you?

Yep, without as much preparation hassle.

~ moogle

Which do you prefer, and why?

I prefer kids - adult. Because, well blended food just looks yucky :/. Wouldn't mind someone cutting it up for me so I can eat it with my hands through :X

Not really, I gots a big mouth, one bite and they're gone.

No. I prefer jumbo stuff, so it kinda scales up with me :X. Little foods get lost in my big meaty paws :X.

Mmm ~ because I don't eat pre-packaged/prepared foods I can't really answer much of this one. Though I did do some research last summer and created my own nutritiously-sound and 100% vegan baby formula!

Tho it didn't taste very nummy ~ but I understand the commercial baby formulas are much the same in terms of lacking flavor appeal XD

Still, I could live on it!

i dont have alot of time it answer this right now but i will later.

i wanted to ask though. what would you suggest for good or standable tasting baby food? o.o

Do you mean the pre-packaged baby food? If so, I'd need to know your location.

However, I always recommend homemade. That way, you can put exactly what YOU like in it, how much of each ingredient YOU like, the consistency that YOU want, etc. Homemade baby food can be catered specifically to YOU, whereas pre-packaged foods are more "one recipe feeds all".

Mmm ~ because I don't eat pre-packaged/prepared foods I can't really answer much of this one. Though I did do some research last summer and created my own nutritiously-sound and 100% vegan baby formula!

Tho it didn't taste very nummy ~ but I understand the commercial baby formulas are much the same in terms of lacking flavor appeal XD

Still, I could live on it!

Puddin', it doesn't have to be just pre-packaged baby food. You can base your answer off of homemade.

~ moogle

for the past yr, now all my foods are put into a blender, what ever my wife/mommy makes me. I also only drink, milk, 100% fruit juice, and for snacks I eat dry ceral, and cut up fruits and veggies. I no longer drink soda, or eat junk foods. unless we are out. then i have a big kids meal with a plan hamburger,and no salt on the frys. lastnight i have roasted chicken with gravy, blended up but still alittle chunky, and mixed veggies that wear chopped up. and my fav, grape/cranberry juice. then for my snack I had yogurt. since my diet is now really based off baby food, my body has gotten used to it and I have lost wt, and i feel very healthy. MY doctor even has noticed in improvment. with having IBS now my body can break down the foods better and i get all the vit/minerals i need to be healthy.

moogle, is right, home made baby food over store bought. store bought is high in fat, for baby's its good make them grow for adults its bad, puts on wt and your body doesnt get all the good stuff. if your not eating baby food all the time and just for fun, then store bought is ok. but for some one that eats a baby food based food. then make it your self it will be better and cheaper.

My definitions of "baby food", - No teeth reiquired to eat it. Milk, juice, jarred or home made pureed. Simple 1 ingredient items like strained peas or carrots. Farina or Oatmeal finely ground

"toddler food" - Soft foods that don't require molars: cooked noodles/pasta, steamed veggies, dry cereal like Cherrios. Mixed ingredients like pasta sauce or mixed yogurt, cookies and biscuits. Soft Meats cut into small pieces, Cheeses

"kid food" - All of the above plus more raw veggies,more firm cuts of meat cut into bigger pieces until they can cut on their own, Pizza, burger, Chicken nuggets, PB & Jelly

"adult food"? More spices, more fish, more raw veggies and acquired flavors.

Are they any different to you, and if so, how? Not Really just when a child is ready to progress to the next level.

Which do you prefer, and why? I prefer adult food for sustinence but when in AB mood, I'll eat from any category.

Yes, occasionally because it's just so cute: Mini burgers, Mini hot dogs, bagels

No because visiually it makes me feel bigger. I actually like to be fed with over sized spoons to make me feel smaller. Having smaller food would have an opposite effect.