LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Littles And Baby Pride Symbol

Yeah I've come across it before. It's been mentioned on here a few times. Whilst I like the baby pride symbol, I think it's a bit too obvious and likely to invite questions. Personally I've gone for a more discreet approach. I tried to start a campaign on here to get AB's to put nappy pins on their keys as it is discreet and easily explained away to nosy non-AB's. I have a nappy pin attached to my keys and frequently leave them on my desk at work. Some people have actually picked my keys up (pretending their going to steal my car) and not even noticed the pin, whereas if an AB was to see my keys there, I would hope for a sly nod.

I like the baby pride pin because its pretty universal, and most ab/dl/ageplayers have seen it and would recognize it. If it is spotted there are several comments that can be made- "It was a gift", "I just thought it was cute",my favorite, but paraphrasing Mako-"its my acceptance pin- means that I will accept you for who you are if you will do the same for me" The other thought is you don't have to wear it 24/7- just on the weekends, or when you think odds are high of running into other ageplayers.(esp at cons and kink events) Personally mine is attached to the ear of one of my small stuffed animals that clips nicely to my belt loop...I have never worn it to work, but have worn it in many public places(mall, restaurants, etc) and have yet to be questioned on it.

Yeah I've come across it before. It's been mentioned on here a few times. Whilst I like the baby pride symbol, I think it's a bit too obvious and likely to invite questions. Personally I've gone for a more discreet approach. I tried to start a campaign on here to get AB's to put nappy pins on their keys as it is discreet and easily explained away to nosy non-AB's. I have a nappy pin attached to my keys and frequently leave them on my desk at work. Some people have actually picked my keys up (pretending their going to steal my car) and not even noticed the pin, whereas if an AB was to see my keys there, I would hope for a sly nod.

Great idea. I lost the key to my scooter last summer and finally had to get a new key switch for it the other day. I asked my room mate if he had a funny, novelty key chain I could have for my new scooter keys. He says, "I got the perfect key chain that will stand out from the others", and he hands me a 3 inch 12 gauge heavy duty diaper pin. I was so happy to put my scooter key on it. If only he knew the symbolism it meant to me lol.

It's also functional, I can pin it to my shirt or belt loop, and it works great as a bong poker or as a weapon lol

One should never poke their bong..they don't like it. :rolleyes: Our local chapter as it were, uses the symbol in the lead vehicle when we do a munch on a larger sign in the window..never heard a question about it yet.

Back on topic, Mako Allen designed this symbol (in the 90's I believe, before I personally met him in 2003) as a way that others "in the know" could identify us. It has been altered once (from round to a rectangular flag) for good reason but both symbols are in use. There is a very good explanation of this symbol at the AB/DL website www.LittlesMunch.com. If you go there, Mako tells all about it. Plus, you can download the symbol for free - its Mako's gift to all of us. Mako is someone I have high regard for.

We should all get a good understanding for the symbology here. It is a wonderful thing. I want to buy about two dozen pins to give to friends and I plan to contact Mako about that soon. If you are just a DL, its for you. If you are an AB, its for you. If you are on this website and belong here, its for you. The symbol works and it is discrete. There is no valid arguement against it that I have found. I love it and you can see it above as my current Avatar. This in intentionally to promote this universal symbol of adults who enjoy diapers and regression regardless of sexual orientation.

Sincerely, GlennDL

• 11 months later...

Thanks for the kind words, Charley! I appreciate it.

I did want to take a second to talk about why I made the thing in the first place.

I don't presume to hold any special position of authority when it comes to the adult baby community. In fact, I hold the rather controversial position that there actually is no such thing as the adult baby community. We have no common welfare, no common goals, no shared responsibilities. Because, in the end, we're just a group of individuals, trying to live our lives and be happy. I can only speak for myself.

A long time ago when I was first getting involved in the BDSM community I saw the Leather Pride flag - it was all over the place. People had pins of it, bumper stickers too, all kinds of things. And I remember that I'd be driving in my car, or walking down the street, and see it someplace, and suddenly experience this warm, inclusive feeling of solidarity. It was nice to know that there were other people out there like me. It's not so much that I'd see it and instantly fixate on that person, or try to meet them. For me, the positive feeling was of feeling a bit less alone in the world.

I'm also a very big believer in the idea of being proud and self-accepting of who and what you are. I don't require the permission or validation of ANYONE or ANYTHING to feel okay about being an ageplayer. That's another of the big motivators behind why I created the symbol in the first place. Just like gays and lesbians use the rainbow flag, It's a way to say unapologetically that you love who you are.

Having said that, like I said, I'm no one special. If you don't like the symbol, feel free not to use it. Or, design your own! And if you do choose to use it, do so in whatever manner you think is best for you. Do I wear my pride pin everywhere? Nope, I don't. I do make a point of wearing it to kink events, or often when I teach, or host munches. I don't wear it to work, or say, the grocery store. But that's because of my own clear purpose about why I wear it, when I wear it. I don't want or need validation from co-workers, nor do I want that lady buying spaghetti in aisle 6 to tell me it's a good thing I like my diapers.

I have on occasion had people ask me what the symbol is in a non-kink context, and I tell them it's my "universal tolerance flag", if I think they can't handle the real answer. And in a way, it's not really too far from the truth.

Thanks for the kind words, Charley! I appreciate it.

I did want to take a second to talk about why I made the thing in the first place.

I don't presume to hold any special position of authority when it comes to the adult baby community. In fact, I hold the rather controversial position that there actually is no such thing as the adult baby community. We have no common welfare, no common goals, no shared responsibilities. Because, in the end, we're just a group of individuals, trying to live our lives and be happy. I can only speak for myself.

A long time ago when I was first getting involved in the BDSM community I saw the Leather Pride flag - it was all over the place. People had pins of it, bumper stickers too, all kinds of things. And I remember that I'd be driving in my car, or walking down the street, and see it someplace, and suddenly experience this warm, inclusive feeling of solidarity. It was nice to know that there were other people out there like me. It's not so much that I'd see it and instantly fixate on that person, or try to meet them. For me, the positive feeling was of feeling a bit less alone in the world.

I'm also a very big believer in the idea of being proud and self-accepting of who and what you are. I don't require the permission or validation of ANYONE or ANYTHING to feel okay about being an ageplayer. That's another of the big motivators behind why I created the symbol in the first place. Just like gays and lesbians use the rainbow flag, It's a way to say unapologetically that you love who you are.

Having said that, like I said, I'm no one special. If you don't like the symbol, feel free not to use it. Or, design your own! And if you do choose to use it, do so in whatever manner you think is best for you. Do I wear my pride pin everywhere? Nope, I don't. I do make a point of wearing it to kink events, or often when I teach, or host munches. I don't wear it to work, or say, the grocery store. But that's because of my own clear purpose about why I wear it, when I wear it. I don't want or need validation from co-workers, nor do I want that lady buying spaghetti in aisle 6 to tell me it's a good thing I like my diapers.

I have on occasion had people ask me what the symbol is in a non-kink context, and I tell them it's my "universal tolerance flag", if I think they can't handle the real answer. And in a way, it's not really too far from the truth.

Away back in the mid 80's we at dpf rooster had tryed to get people to put either a diaper pin or a pinked edge hanky on thair back pocket.Dose anyone here remember it?With the hanky sticking out of course.

I still think our Western European social structure isn't ready for us yet. Look how hard the gays have fought for recognition, and there's still hostility over that. Besides, most people are too caught up in their own problems to give us a thought unless we shock them somehow into noticing. (Not in favor of that.) Still, we wait and hope. Maybe one day.