LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Planning Your Next Diaper Change

I do not wear 24/7 myself, but do wear out in public frequently. The other day I found myself getting close to wanting to shower to go out to a function (to which I was going diapered). My diaper was pretty wet, but I didn't want to re-diaper only to take it off in half an hour for a shower and waste the diaper. I ended up just trying to do things standing up so the diaper would absorb a little more without leaking, but it made me wonder how others plan.

I was going to be gone from home just a period of time I thought I could get away with just one diaper without leaking (though I brought a spare in case) and because it was in a private home, didn't want to think about changing at the function. If it was much longer, I probably would have skipped the diaper but I know for many of you that's not an option.

Question for those of you who wear quite a bit - How do you handle issues of scheduling like this? Do you just deal with discarding partially used dipes? Do you try to stretch out the one you're in?

I know using cloth would make this a little easier, since washing a partially wet cloth diaper isn't wasteful like tossing a disposable that's only damp. Are partially wet disposables just a sacrifice we have to make to support our need or desire to wear?

I try very hard to stretch out the usage of my diapers so I use one to its maximum before taking it off. If I take one off before it has been used fully, I feel almost sad that I am wasting it. However, it's just a part of wearing diapers. You sometimes plan it the best you can, but things happen and it doesn't always work out. So I would say it is just a part of dealing with wearing diapers.

Like my therapist told me: It's not the least-expensive lifestyle around.

I try not to plan too many diaper changes, my time schedule changes waaayy too often to think about it. I just change when I need to, whether at home or at work. Yes, I've had my fair share of half-wet diaps that I've changed and thought: "That's rather wasteful. . " but it's never bothered me enough to make it a big deal. It's just something you hafta deal with. In the longrun, you're gonna throw out the diapers anyway, and if you're in them 247, it's just something that comes with the territory. When you need more, you need more. .

I too hate to toss a half used diaper! But I have learned with some unplanned leaks that it pays to do it. I have been quite wet a couple of times flying where connecctions between planes was really tight. This is where being diapered is really great as you run to the next plane and don't stop at the restroom. If I have time, it is alot easier to change on the ground than in the air in the tiny lav!!! Every once in a while I have been wet and have the tight connection hoping the diaper would not leak. The inevitable urge from running, adrenaline of trying to make that flight the airline even thinks you will miss and so you go. Had a few leaks that were unavoidable and on the plane you must sit down...always in dark pants so far! P_P

• 1 month later...

Like my therapist told me: It's not the least-expensive lifestyle around.

I try not to plan too many diaper changes, my time schedule changes waaayy too often to think about it. I just change when I need to, whether at home or at work. Yes, I've had my fair share of half-wet diaps that I've changed and thought: "That's rather wasteful. . " but it's never bothered me enough to make it a big deal. It's just something you hafta deal with. In the longrun, you're gonna throw out the diapers anyway, and if you're in them 247, it's just something that comes with the territory. When you need more, you need more. .

On the bright side, it isn't that expensive either, compared with the near-supreme satisfaction.

It comes down to wearing good diapers efficiently. It is mostly a matter of experience.

Part of my incontinence management is having a few different types of diapers. If I have to change but I'm going out in an hour I will put on a really cheap disposable so I don't waste much when I put on a Bambino to go out. After enough leaks because of thinking "it will last until?" I learned to change before going even if it meant a half used diaper. My continence adviser taught me about keeping cheap diapers around just for that.

I too hate to toss a half used diaper! But I have learned with some unplanned leaks that it pays to do it.....

Ditto :Crylol: Diapered life is a lot like being a courier driver for a sometimes schizophrenic Boss. You plan what you're going to do and allow enough fuel for that. If you know the tank is nearing empty, you refuel :) But sometimes you get an immediate and urgent call for more driven mileage than you planned for, so the best you can do is hope you find a fuel stop on the way or never let your fuel reserve get low- even if it is usually a waste of time and a hassle ;)

In my present line of work I usually have plenty of time and changing access to use my diapers to capacity before changing, but more than once I've been pulled away to another location without warning where a diaper change would be totally indiscreet :huh: And a couple times I've leaked because of that :( I've also made the mistake of wearing minimal protection with the same brought along for changes, only to find my rotten bladder going haywire leaving me needing more changes than I had on hand :angry: So now unless I'm absolutely certain that I can change when I need to, I leave some extra unused absorbency as a signal to change now :rolleyes: And I keep both minimum and maximum absorbency diapers on hand for changes- It sure beats leaks :P As much as I like cloth diapers, now I wear them only at home and on the weekends when I am more in control of my situation regarding diaper changes.

Bettypooh

What exactly is a continence advisor?

okay I'm not sure why but this is immediately what popped in my head.

B-b-b-b-b-b-b-b A-a-a-a-a-a- B-b-b-b-b-b Y-y-y-y-y-y-y

AB, Dance!

We can poop if we want to

We can leave your friends behind

'Cause your friends don't poop and if they don't poop

Well they're no friends of mine

I say, we can poop where we want to

A place right on our behind

And we can act like we've just come into this world

Leave the other one far behind

And we can poop

We can poop when we want to

Your little is young and so is mine

And we can dress like a real baby from our hats to our feet

And surprise 'em with a childish cry

Say, we can act babyish if want to

If we don't nobody will

And you can act real immature and totally absurd

And I can act like an AB still

Is it the AB dance, oh is it the AB dance

Is it the AB Dance

People there is a REALLY simple solution!!! All you have to do is to use a booster pad. I wear full time and there have been many times I can't or don't want to change, so I will simply insert a quality booster pad even if my diaper is wet but not ready to be changed.

I have noticed that even if you are wearing a pretty wet diaper and you insert a booster pad and sit down the booster pad will soak up a lot.

These are little tricks you pick up after wearing full time for so long.

Just my 2 cents.

(for diapered witch). A continence adviser, I'm in Canada they may not be in the US, is who I got sent to after my car accident that left me bladder and bowel incontinent. She taught me how to live with being incontinent by teaching me about what protection will work for me, skin care, changing while out, the psychological impact and set up my bowel management program to get my body on a schedule to avoid messy accidents. She also listened when I was frustrated and at wit's end until I learned how to adjust to every thing. As far as booster pads. There ok but I find that some times it means I don't change enough and get a rash but at night they are the best.

Keep on posting - there's a LOT of great information and advice here! I do want to thank everyone for jumping in and giving their thoughts, opinions, practices. It's really helpful!

i like the continence advisor concept. For me the worst was after being diagnosed as a diabetic and having to visit a registered dietician. The lady was about 250-350 lbs, seriously, I had to take eating advice from her? I swear God must have been testing me.

God must love irony.

For me (wetting 24/7) I need to change about 3-4 times a day.

A normal workday goes like this

6:50 Wake up/Shower and change

12-1 PM-Change either one diaper or diaper with 2 boosters depending on evening plans

6PM Change unless have work function (with work function will find time to change out boosters)

11PM Change into night diaper with plastic pants.

I am a heavy wetter and usually wear X-plus. I usually leave the office at lunch time and have several changing locations nearby that I perform my changes at. Sometimes will go out with office mates for lunch and will change at the restaurant.