LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Training Yourself To Wet The Bed?

diapergirl77

is it possible?

I've been putting some effort into it for awhile, but not enough I guess :blush: From all I read it's actually harder than going all the way to 24/7 incontinence :( Still, anything is possible ;) I don't wake up as fully as I used to if I have to pee when I'm asleep, but I still wake up :huh: Given more effort and more time I think it will work for me- it has happened enough for me to know the pattern is changing :D

Bettypooh

..... how does your body tell when you're nappyed up and sleeping?....

Your body doesn't know but your mind does ;) The first thing you have to understand is that if your ADH (Vasopressin) levels are normal, you don't produce enough urine in your sleep to wet the bed- you can't overcome that :( But if you usually have to pee at night there's a chance, because waking up when you need to pee is a mental function- a learned response- which can be overcome :D Wetting every night would be easier to achieve since you're working on changing one thing consistently; wetting only in diapers creates a dichotomy of desired responses which impairs both efforts :huh:

The long-term 'default' mental pattern is to not pee while asleep so that is what the mind is going to tend to do when faced with such a dichotomy. Anything you can do to remember that you're diapered and need to use them will help- suggestive therapy(hypnotism and trances), wetting before you go to sleep (removal of the 'need' to stay dry), mentally reminding yourself as you fall asleep to not wake up just to pee, telling yourself that you need to sleep all night without waking to get enough rest, and anything else that seems to induce nighttime wetting in the individual (cold feet, hands, whatever works with you) B)

I'd say this is the toughest 'incontinence wish' there is to achieve, yet as long as you make urine at night it is possible.

Bettypooh- wannabe full-time Bedwetter :blush:

is it possible?

Yes and no. It's all about being comfortable with yourself, practise and patience. With enough of those three things, you can hopefully reach a point where you are able to wake slightly, realise you're safely diapered, roll over into a position where you won't leak, pee and then go right back to sleep, all in a sleepy haze. That's where I am at the moment; it's taken me many years to get there but I'm happy with it. I don't run the risk of wetting the bed unprotected and I get to wake up with the vaguest of memories of it happening, which is nice ^_^

Some people say it's possible to become a bedwetter by practising leaving out the 'checking' bits (wake, pee regardless, go back to sleep regardless). I don't know if that's possible (or wise) but what I described certainly is if you're able to let go of your psychological hangups and have patience.

There's a lot of good information here. Both my wife and I have childhood histories of bedwetting, thus we don't have the ADH issues. More than BabyMaggie, I had a lot of mental and emotional pressure to fight what I am naturally. Now that I'm in a supportive relationship, own a single family house and have the financial means to afford plenty of diapers, matress covers and pads as well as a good washer and dryer; it's been possible for me to partially return to the bedwetter I was born to be.

I think this would be much more difficult if you have the ADH "problem" and have any stress about "accidents". The fact is, if you wear diapers all the time, or every night, you are going to have a leak eventually. Prepare for it, expect it and deal with it calmly.

Good luck and let us all know how this goes for you.

Mele Kalikimaka,

Honu

I can tell you how Diapergirl77, but you're going to need alot if diapers. I think the biggest problem people encounter is drinking a whole bunch of water just before bed. Then they get a sudden urge that wakes them up. Start out about 6 hours earlier.

The rules are simple. To start out drink a couple of glasses of water (I'd say a liter or so.) Now, diapered for the rest of the day, everytime you wet a little, drink more water than the amount you wet, and drink it slowly over a bunch of little sips for 10 min instead of gulping. Just be aware that it is possible to drink too much water so don't overdue it. After a couple hours of that, you'll be wetting every 10 minutes or so. In fact, you'll be wetting so frequently that I would take a couple dry diapers to bed with you. You'll probably need to wet before you fall asleep, so when you are almost asleep, change into a dry diaper. You also might need one halfway through the night. Even if you do wet a little before you fall alseep, you'll be soaked when you wake up. Enjoy!

Thanks for the help! I can't wait to try it out. I need to get a new supply of diapers first. I will let ya know how it goes.

I did it while I was living by myself. I got a book on self hypnosis and taught myself. Went to bed well hydrated and diapered each night and repeated the suggestions in my mind until asleep. It took several months but I finally managed. I would sleep soundly and never wake to wet if I had a diaper on and on nights that I did not wear had no problem waking up.

I did it while I was living by myself. I got a book on self hypnosis and taught myself. Went to bed well hydrated and diapered each night and repeated the suggestions in my mind until asleep. It took several months but I finally managed. I would sleep soundly and never wake to wet if I had a diaper on and on nights that I did not wear had no problem waking up.

wake up and just pee. i do that now, lol.

Yes it is possible, as that is how I am. I have been wearing diapers to bed now for over 10 years and this did take awhile but now when wearing diapers to bed, I can sleep all night long and wake wet. When I don't have diapers on (not very often, but say if we are away or have house guests) I don't wear diapers and then I find I wake up to pee. I have not wet the bed when not diapered.

I think one of the keys, is to trust that your diapers will not leak during the night. Since I wear thick cloth, I have not had that problem. A few times when I've tried disposables (Molicare Super +, I think) I leaked and could not sleep well.

Once you find the diapers that work for you, it may take some time, but as you trust your diapers and relax all well go well for you.

Good luck.

CDL

I have done the whole 'groggy roll over wake up', where I realize I'm diapered and can let it flow and go back to sleep... but I still remember it when I wake up.

The only way I've wet without noticing is when I've come home from a hard night of drinking, and put one on right before bed. Obviously, this method isn't a good one for people who wanna wet all the time- just for those weekend warriors who like drinking :).

What I've done is gotten nice and drunk with my friends till late, stumbled home, drank a few more to turn me from a wobbily mess, into a huge train wreck after the extra few. Soon you'll find crawling to be alot easier than walking, and you'll just wanna go to bed! :lol: With any luck, your body won't even notice when you go, and you'll wake up soaked!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad I stumbled across this as I'm starting to try to do the same, as it would help me get rid of the stress I'm going through. I wish I could wet my diapers in my sleep and my boyfriend could change me in the mornings, I'm going into diapers 24/7 next week so I would like to be able to use them. Any other tips are greatfully recieved.

I wish I could do this. Life gets in the way too much for me to train myself to do this. If you could buy bedwetting only when wearing, I would pay big money for it.

I've been trying to night wet for many months. It is very hard to "untrain" the trained mind. I've been trying some of the advice I've read in the forum. Sometimes when I'm alert, I can relax enough to wet. During the night and in the early morning I cannot without standing. I'm still open for suggestions. (But please hold the hypnotism ideas,...)

Dear Diapergirl77, Diaper Vampire, Yummy Diaper, and Packrat:

Advice on how to achieve one form of inconvenience or another (including bedwetting) is a pretty common request at DailyDiapers. I've attached the definitive document on the topic to this post. It's not a quick fix which will allow you to achieve your goal instantly, but there is a lot of good information there.

Good luck,

CBD

Twelve month diaper training program.pdf

Twelve month diaper training program.pdf