LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Causing Damage

ive been wearing and using this forum since about August, and for the first 2-3 months i just could not pee or anything in a diaper when i had one, just couldnt be done. Until eventually i did it, and it got easier eventually.

I still cant pee sitting down or lieing down have to be standing up and my legs slighely spread to take position as you would at a uranial sort to speak.

My question is, through all this forcing, am i causing damage to my insides, i have noticed some pains in my kidney areas and back pains, but the back pains are from other things, like work. But its the kidney and bladder pains that are alarming me, im not even doing anything extreme either.

In basic, is forcing yourself to go in your diaper causing wear and tear on your insides?

No more that forcing yourself to go any other time, I'd think. And that said, I'm not sure what you can do to yourself by forcing yourself to go. That may not be helpful, but the kicker of course is that damage wouldn't be caused by a diaper.

Anyone else know more about inner workings of the human body/male urinary tract/etc.?

Yes, I do know that trying too hard to poo, especially when in the classic squatting position, can damage the abdomen and cause a strained muscle. I did that one time and had to go to the doctors and he said I must've been lifting something heavy :P Anyway, that's one way of causing damage. He gave me some pills to take and it fixed it. The moral of the story is if you think you have damaged something go to the doctor and get it checked out.

Baby Bri

There is a chance (slim) that while pushing too hard on the bladder when attemtping to urinate, especially with a full bladder, you could be causing urine to backflush into the kidney. The condition is called reflux. Your ureters (the tube between the kidneys and the bladder) have a little "valve" in them that usually prevents this. If the valve is damaged and your bladder is strained through voluntary pressure or spasms, you could be forcing the urine back. This is toxic to kidneys.

If you have pain in the kidney, this is a sign this is happening. Over time, the kidney deteriorates (called hydronephrosis) and you could lose the kidney (as I have). My situation is a little different, I wasn't voluntarily forcing the bladder. But the results are the same.

Caution Will Robinson....caution.

Mo

You shouldn't have to "force" yourself to pee. The key is to relax. I say, "key." Many posts have been started on "how" to relax. I have an assortment of little tricks, mostly mind tricks, that help. Tricks because the body instinct (based on potty training) is to stop, or shut down the flow of urine when in any position or circumstance different from what you are used to doing - namely at the toilet.

Some of my tricks are in no particular order:

-- Telling myself over and over - "you're just a baby, you can't help peeing yourself."

-- Sucking my thumb

-- Tickling myself

-- Hugging my teddy

-- Lightly touching my lips with my tongue

Hugs, Joey

well i luckily never had a problem peeing while sitting or standing. sure it was awkward at first but in time it got easier and easier and i have been in diaper for over 5 years and i have not had any pains from that id say if you seriously are having bad pains consult your doctor and like everyone else said you shouldnt FORCE yourself to pee. Just relax and let it flow basically Also i do have a question though on teh causing damage or pains thing... See ok yeah like i said i have been in diaper for over five years, but that was off and on recently basically i have been trying to untrain myself and i have noticed that on the few occasions that i dont have a diaper and i run to the bathroom, if i try to stop while peeing it slightly hurts not in the kidneys but blader region. Normal or not?? Just wondering Its not unbearable im just curious though like i said i try to keep ocasions like that to be rare(when i have no diapers) on a bright note its not easy to stop peeing either in fact i actually have to try hard to hold it so yay go me heh.

• 7 months later...

Hi Rhezz

I started much the same as you by finding it very difficult to go whilst sitting or standing, but when my problems started 20 odd years or so ago it did not seem to matter what I was doing, I just went without very much thought about it at all, in fact it is very usuall for me to go out with the dog do a bit of jogging and just start going while running full tilt :rolleyes:

Also sitting is another favourite as I might be sat minding my own buisness and "whoosh" it all pumps out at a very unhealthy speed and usually flooded my nappy at the front as it was impossible for the nappy to absorb that quantity of fluid so quickly.

As with all things age has made a big difference, I no longer have a "power washer" down there as it tends to just pour out without the pressure these days and is easily managed by my nappy. :thumbsup:

I am sure that if you give yourself enough time it will naturally get easier as time passes.

Best of luck. :blush: