LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Goodnites In 2012!

I think this is the first time ever that bedwetter's diapers get product placements in movies!

I just watched "2012" yesterday and Goodnites were prominently shown twice in that 2-hour, 38-minute-long movie because the protagonists' 7-year-old daughter needs them for her bedwetting.

http://www.goodnites.com/na/Bedwetting-Products/Underpants.aspx

Now, when you saw this, how did you feel about it?

Someone can upload screenshots of those Goodnites on film if they can get them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_%28film%29

"Lilly," the daughter, was played by Morgan Lily, oddly enough. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morgan_Lily

• Like 1

I saw this as well, personally, I didn't like the goodnite references in the movie. Maybe it's just me, but It felt forced, as if it were just a shameless plug because Kimberly-Clark was a movie sponsor. If they're gonna put diaper references in a movie that's great, but don't make it a poorly disguised advertisement.

If they're gonna put diaper references in a movie that's great, but don't make it a poorly disguised advertisement.

Product placement is rarely well disguised. That's half the point - that you notice it and it gets you thinking about it (negatively or positively, doesn't matter).

Goodnites/Drynites wouldn't strike me as a great candidate for product placement though because they've got their market virtually cornered. Pampers don't seem to have done that well breaking into their market (don't think I've seen Underjams in a store in ages). When you think of bedwetting products, you think of Goodnites, simple as.

I think this is the first time ever that bedwetter's diapers get product placements in movies!

I just watched "2012" yesterday and Goodnites were prominently shown twice in that 2-hour, 38-minute-long movie because the protagonists' 7-year-old daughter needs them for her bedwetting.

http://www.goodnites.com/na/Bedwetting-Products/Underpants.aspx

Now, when you saw this, how did you feel about it?

Someone can upload screenshots of those Goodnites on film if they can get them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_%28film%29

"Lilly," the daughter, was played by Morgan Lily, oddly enough. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morgan_Lily

Personally, I absolutely hated it. I felt it would be something else for the desperate ones in the community to "latch onto" as they usually do when a diaper reference is made. "OMG!! THEY ARE FINALLY ACCEPTING US!!! WE ARE GOING MAINSTREAM!!!!" Sound familiar? There are better product placements that could have been made.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The GoodNites shown are for girls, based on the package color. The still pictures have a highlight covering the size, so the photos tell us nothing. One of the photos does show the mother holding both a jumbo and regular pack of GoodNites. Having seen the movie and also having seen the child actress Morgan Lily Gross just before "2012" went into production, I am sure she would have fit best in the S/M size intended for girls 38-65 pounds. In person she looks smaller and younger than her actual age. With GoodNites it is far more effective to use the smaller if possible. On Morgan during production the L/XL would have been excessively loose.

My husband Don and I know Morgan's parents, April and Andy Gross. Andy is an outstanding performing magician and often appears at The Magic Castle in Hollywood. Morgan is one of the youngest members of Junior Magicians, a training program run by The Magic Castle.

When Spy Kids came out on 1 April 2001 my niece Karen was almost 11. She did kid her own mother, my sister Missy, about needing diapers. In our extended family we all know all our sister have bladder control problems. During April 2002 Karen reverted to bedwetting, but none of us kidded her.

Just wondering, what size is shown in the movie??? I seen it too, but couldn't figure it out.

I only seen the trailer so far, but i believe it's a disaster movie involving a huge flood. Surely that's a very appropriate vehicle for plugging diapers...?

I'm laughing at the post here that are saying things along the lines of "I'm hoping now ab/dl's will be more accepted because of this". What, a bedwetting product??? People are going to be like, oh your an ab/dl, yeah, I saw the movie 2012, they showed goodnights, I'm cool with that now. Really?? Do you really think this will do anything for the ab/dl community. I will say absolutly not. Sorry to be so negative but what does a bedwetting product shown in a movie do for our community? Make people more aware there's diapers for bedwetters. Makes no sense to me. People, stop trying to latch onto anything that says "DIAPER" in this world.

Just being honest.

• Like 1

I'm laughing at the post here that are saying things along the lines of "I'm hoping now ab/dl's will be more accepted because of this". What, a bedwetting product??? People are going to be like, oh your an ab/dl, yeah, I saw the movie 2012, they showed goodnights, I'm cool with that now. Really?? Do you really think this will do anything for the ab/dl community. I will say absolutly not. Sorry to be so negative but what does a bedwetting product shown in a movie do for our community? Make people more aware there's diapers for bedwetters. Makes no sense to me. People, stop trying to latch onto anything that says "DIAPER" in this world.

Just being honest.

I was going to say something along these lines.... being associated with 7 yr old bed wetters isn't my idea of fun and games. It MIGHT make bedwetting a little more acceptable, but probably not.

• Like 1

I saw that movie this weekend and have to say the Goodnites references were glaringly obvious. It was like all of the sudden the movie stops the plot and there is a moment "oh she wears Goodnites to bed." I just had to laugh. I mean it was ridiculous. I want to mention the ending line but I won't. I was dying laughing at that. Even my wife was laughing. Her mother asked me how was the movie and I said it was the story of how a girl comes to terms with bed wetting in a disaster.

As for bed wetting gaining acceptance. Maybe it will make some kids feel better about themselves since it is in a real movie but it won't have any repercussions on us. I think what would make a AB/DLs most accepted is if someone famous was found out, admitted it and actually defended themselves logically.

SDB

• 4 years later...