LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Abena Changes Diapers

For all you that wear Abena Form Xplus you probably have noticed as I have that since my last 2 cases in April they are now made with a much thinner plastic which rips when trying to re fasten the tapes, you could barely due it with the older diaper but the newer one''s seem to be of a much cheaper quality than before! I was so mad to get my 2 cases from XPMedical only to find a different feel diaper, although some may like the softer plastic since it does make them more crinkly when you walk and noisier than the previous diaper. I myself prefer the older diaper, I wrote Abena telling them that I was upset that they are trying to profit on making a lower quality diaper when I would rather pay more money and get the same quality! I just may switch and boycott this diaper all together, I use to love attends until I found Abena but have not tried the Attends 10 yet? All of you AB/DL's need to write to Abena and appeal this move to make profits and tell them to make them the way they use to be and just raise the price if cost is starting to be a major factor.

babydoug

Not sure if it's relevant, but I just got a case of abenas through the post (never used them before, so don't know if they're old/new style). I'm impressed with them. They hold a lot and are very comfy. There are a couple of bad points though. I had the leak of all leaks last night in bed and I noticed the plastic seems to "give" a bit too easily if you try and do the tapes up tight as well!

Not sure if it's relevant, but I just got a case of abenas through the post (never used them before, so don't know if they're old/new style). I'm impressed with them. They hold a lot and are very comfy. There are a couple of bad points though. I had the leak of all leaks last night in bed and I noticed the plastic seems to "give" a bit too easily if you try and do the tapes up tight as well!

The tapes have always been a problem, I like my nappy's tight, and abena's always seem to get lose and need re taping (Easily done with the second tapes :) ). Leaks.... well I think they lull us into a false sense of a security "it'll handle one more wetting" "and another" "and a oh dear" :X. Also weeing on your side is a big leak cause :(

What is with diaper companies screwing with an already good product. This disheartens me as Abena X-plus has always been good to me.

I tried a sample of dry 24/7, unfortunately their small/medium was way too large on me. I'm looking forward to when their youth size brief hits the market. I am also looking to try Unique's Wellness brief; does anyone know if the small/medium size in that brand is similar in size to the small/medium in dry 24/7?

What is with diaper companies screwing with an already good product. This disheartens me as Abena X-plus has always been good to me.

I tried a sample of dry 24/7, unfortunately their small/medium was way too large on me. I'm looking forward to when their youth size brief hits the market. I am also looking to try Unique's Wellness brief; does anyone know if the small/medium size in that brand is similar in size to the small/medium in dry 24/7?

Unfortunately, Yeah they are the same. Another small guy at the disadvantage. I wouldn't give up on the X-pluses just yet. They may have come to the bottom of the reel on the plastic. It generally happens on all brands. The plastic seems thinner and probably is to a degree due to the manufacturing process. Hey we still have Molicares if the X-pluses do indeed "fail". But like I said it probably will correct itself after a few runs. The best part is they don't seem to sell as many small, so as such yours is still probably available as older stock and is just fine. Best of luck.

Glad to know of another person that is in the same boat as I am. Some people complain that they can't find decent diapers at local stores, but we can't even find ones that fit us lol. Have you tried the Air-Plus X-Plus? If so what are your opinions? My main requirement is that the product can still tape as tightly as the plastic backed product because even small size briefs are a little too large on me, so I have to tape them tight to get a good "seal". Also, as I've heard some cloth backed disposables do, does moisture wick out of the Air-Plus?

On a side note, us "small" guys should band together to have the size small/medium banned from all adult diaper making companies and force those who don't make a small to start making one!

Glad to know of another person that is in the same boat as I am. Some people complain that they can't find decent diapers at local stores, but we can't even find ones that fit us lol. Have you tried the Air-Plus X-Plus? If so what are your opinions? My main requirement is that the product can still tape as tightly as the plastic backed product because even small size briefs are a little too large on me, so I have to tape them tight to get a good "seal". Also, as I've heard some cloth backed disposables do, does moisture wick out of the Air-Plus?

On a side note, us "small" guys should band together to have the size small/medium banned from all adult diaper making companies and force those who don't make a small to start making one!

Yeah I know what you mean. I remember years ago when I could go into the stores and find smalls in Depends and Attends. But neither of them was much to talk about and kept me always close to home. When I first wore Molicares my whole life changed and I found I could go out and about like a "normal" person. I haven't used any of the Breathable brands as I heard they do weep quite a bit over time. I pretty much keep to Molicare Supers as I find their fit better than the others for my frame.

The fact that the plastic is made to stretch sideways always gives me a great seal and fit, and allows for movement to keep me comfortable through the day. The small/medium thing is a joke. I know in Depends it's really more like a bridge. Not quite a small or big enough to be a real medium. I wish they all would go back to the regular sizing, and then possible add two bridge sizes of small/medium and medium/large. That would fill quite a large number of us out there. So anyway, I found the Abena brand way too tight in the legs and Bambino's pretty darn close to being so. So I'll just stick to Moli's for now..I may in the near future try their breathable style just for the sake of it.