LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Disposable Nappies For Bedwetting

Thinking of getting some disposable nappies for bedwetting when I go away anywhere. I've never actually worn disposables before. Do they all have refastenable tapes (for if I go to the toilet without actually wetting) or would I keep having to change nappies every time I took one off? Alternatively is it possible to pull a disposable down and up again without unfastening the tapes? I ask because I gather: disposable nappies hold more than pullups; people can pull a disposable down & up (unconfirmed); if you undo the tapes you can rip the plastic of the nappy. I haven't been able to get answers to these questions just looking around on the net.

Obviously the less nappies I have to take with me the better.

Can anyone recommend a particular brand of nappy (available in UK) for what I have in mind?

I've really only had enough experience with one kind of disposable to offer any advice on it, but with the Depends adjustable fits that are cheap (you can get them at any big box store with a pharmacy) And they are special, cause out of the package they are like a pullup, as in they go all around, but you can tear them and use the tapes to adjust and such. But these can be pulled up and down as wanted, as well as the tapes are very good after taking them on and off multiple times.

There is a catch though. They aren't all that absorbent in the back, and they bunch up easily between your legs. So if you lay on your back, or on your sides and trickle... be ready for a wet thigh or bum. Best used while standing. Sorry, hope that helps any

tapes are a hit and miss. if they aren't refastenable, they most likely have double tapes so you can put put the second tape back over the first so it can be reused again or somewhere else. if you are carefull, 1/2 the time, you can do it without tearing as well, if you don't have a landing zone or double tapes.

as for pulling them down, you "can" but that would require you to wear it loose, which can cause leaks, or tug it up or down, which may mess up the fit anyway.

from what i have seen/heard, your guy's tena have landing zones so that would most likely solve the tearing issue. on the other side of the pond so i cannot confirm.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been wearing Tena Stretch Super's to bed for awhile now. I actually am a bedwetter and have been as far back as I can remember. If you are a real bedwetter you do not "flood" so you may not necessarily need what you think you do. These have been great for discretion and the ability to put them on and off.

I also enjoy Bambinos when I'm in the mood, else regular routine is Tena Stretch Super.

You have the Tena Flex diapers in the UK which for a light to moderate bed wetter should work great. You rap the velcro waistband around your waist then fasten the velcro tabs to that. Easy to put on and take off multiple times if you have a dry night. Saves on packing a lot of diapers.

If you looking for the benefit of a full mat diaper (nappy) and a pull up, try the Tena Flex, but chose the 'Maxi' version. They can be opened/closed many times without distroying the tapes since they (I think) are the only adult sized diaper (nappy) to have velcro fixings. To avoid leaks, I suggest a pair of plastic pants over same.

Disposable full mat diapers - Tena Slip / Abena / Molicare etc have a problem with the refastening. Yes, it is possible, before finalizing the location of the tapes, to readuust several times, but once the location is fixed, it is not possible to open them and expect the tapes to stick again. Tapes will simply pop. Even with only landing the tapes once, there is a possibility that the tapes can pop, and to avoid that (in my case) I use a small piece of sticky tape over the tape and onto the diaper. Actually, Molicare is the only one of the three that has the dual tape fixings, and from experience, that is the best feature of a molicare, and compared to other adult diapers, it is poor at best.

In the UK, the only diapers commonly available are Tena, Abena (difficult but possible to obtain), Boots own brand, Molicare, and Vesli. The Abena are the best overnight diaper, but don't come in a range to be repeatly opened and closed. The diaper tears. The Vesli are the worst, as their padding tends to break down and bunch in one location. This means that there are huge areas of the diaper where all there is is a thin layer of plastic, and all the padding is at one end (above the crotch or above the butt). The Molicare are slightly better than this, but the padding still breaks down and bunches between the legs. Boots own brand is more absorbent, but need to be changed after approx. one wetting since they do not have any wettness barrier - once the diaper gets wet, the wettness will seep back onto the skin, and eventually will find a way out to leak.