LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Does Everyone Go Through This?

Lately it seems like nothing is working....i hate my job, i can't make my girlfriend happy, my career path is going somewhere i don't want it to go, and I've been too lazy lately to do anthing about my weight gain and feel horrible about myself.

I'm sure this seems like another self pity bullshit, honestly i hate shit like that, but i just can't be happy lately. I know I'm young and people might say its all for the experience or whatever but i seriously can't take it anymore, if this is what life is about its not worth it.

HuggieBaby

Lately it seems like nothing is working....i hate my job, i can't make my girlfriend happy, my career path is going somewhere i don't want it to go, and I've been too lazy lately to do anthing about my weight gain and feel horrible about myself.

I'm sure this seems like another self pity bullshit, honestly i hate shit like that, but i just can't be happy lately. I know I'm young and people might say its all for the experience or whatever but i seriously can't take it anymore, if this is what life is about its not worth it.

HuggieBaby

Yep, it happens to us all. I tend to go through a really down time at the end of every year, but it always passes. In order for happiness to exist it has to be contrasted with some sort of saddness. Times like this are really healthy because they prevent you from stagnating and being happy with the way things are. These are good times to assess your life and plan some positive changes. If you feel unhappy with your weight and feel that you're being lazy about it, you're on the right path recognizing something you want to change. Now comes the hard part and making a conscience meaningful decision to change that. Take it slow and in baby steps, make small goals that are easily attainable and you'll start finding small reasons to be happy. You can then turn these small sucesses into big ones an watch your mood enhance and your life seem to turn around.

This approach can be used in regards to your job as well as your relationship. Life is not easy and has its ups and downs, and I think the most interesting of us have higher highs and lower lows. The key is to not let the lows overshadow the highs.

Sadness is a part of life, and yes it comes and goes for some of us :rolleyes: I have clinical depression- not a bad case but it leads to unexplained sadness sometimes :mellow: Your environment can bring on sadness if you see it negatively. One of the ways I chase it off is to do something positive for myself- I like a neat and clean house but it's rarely like that :P so when I get the blues I straighten things up a bit or do something to make a change in what I see everyday ;) Usually that's enough to get me going again :D You mentioned your weight as an issue you see, so begin addressing that and I'll bet you'll feel much better soon. Make it something you do on a daily basis. It doesn't have to be much, just something positive that will help you get where you want to go and remind you that you're worth the effort B) And smile even when you don't feel like it- that always helps.

Bettypooh

A long time ago I was told 'You have to hit rock bottom in order to bounce!'

It happens to us all when you look around and think 'how did I get here and why?!'....the thing to do is look at what's holding you back and plan a wa out of it, and do something about it there and then. I went through a really bad year a few years ago, and this is what I did. I chose to tackle my fears 1 by 1 as they were holding me back....I quit my job and looked for one I actually wanted to do, and took up scuba diving - it was on that course that I met my now husband so a small decision can have a big impact!

Take things one thing at a time, work slowly but surely in a direction that you're happy with and you'll soon see yourself smiling more!

Hope this helps a little! Hugs x

Thank you everyone, I'm feeling better. My biggest problem is I'm really not good at expressing myself, and I've always thought its way to easy to claim you're depressed cuz everyone has bad days. I think it was just built up stressed mixed with a fight with my gf and some whiskey that really set me off lol. But again thank you, it really helped and I appreciate the advice.

HuggieBaby

Ya alcohol certainly doesn't help, its a depressant. Once its out of your system you will feel really bad if you were having a bad day before drinking. Glad you're feeling better.

Life for the most part has pain, sadness and disappointment in store for us. Those of us who are strong enough to overcome said obstacles will reap the rewards of being a survivor. Those of us who succumb to our weaknesses will live and die wondering what could have been if we had only seized the day and achieved something great. Some of us will encounter more obstacles and hardships than our fellow man, but complaining about these inequities will solve nothing. Accept the hand you've been dealt, and know with certainty that you have it better than a large portion of humanity in this world. The fact that you are posting on the internet about your problems proves you have it better than those who truly have nothing.

HuggieBaby

Join the club, pal. Your situation is shared by not only people in your generation, but also by a lot of older folks with disabilities. It is a known fact that the unemployment rate for people between the ages of 16 and 24 is currently more than 18%. It is still higher among people with disabilities. If I were to find something like a janitorial job, I would have to compete with six other people who have more experience than me, and no employment gap. It is especially difficult if you collect disability benefits and have not held down a job in several years.

You have every right to to be unhappy with your circumstances, especially when the economy had shifted to services rather than manufacturing over the last three decades. This, of course, is due to many years of greed and consumers wanting cheap products from overseas. Want to see some improvement? Then perhaps we all need to rally the government to change their policies to favor industries that actually produce useful goods domestically, rather than import them from cheap labor countries.

Honeywell6180

I'm a lot older than you, so old I can tell stories about walking to school barefoot in the snow uphill both ways! I've felt that way so often it's nauseating. I'd like to tell you it gets better, really I would. I'm dying to tell you that. But it doesn't. However! Life is worth living, because after all the conflict, pain, horror, and even abandonment you discover that there are people who love you and care about you and who are so much more important than life itself! I wish I could be more encouraging, I do.

I was at a school crossing last week and the gentleman in front of me honked his horn at the kids and beat on his steering wheel because he had to wait. I got out of my jeep, walked up to his window and knocked. He opened it and asked me what the f*** i wanted. This is what I said: "Could I just have your name? You must be really important! I've never met anyone so important that where he had to go and the time he had to get there was more important than the safety and lives of little children." He gave me the traffic signal, which I thought was unfair since I wasn't in my Jeep, but I think he got the message. I hope you do too. You're far more important than what you do for a living, or where you want to go. Dr. Seuss said it this way: "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." Hope this helps a little.

There's a really good book out there that will help you with your girlfriend. It's called The Five Languages of Love. You just need to learn to speak her love language as she needs to learn yours. Hope it all works out. I've been married 35 years to the same lovely woman I fell in love with 39 years ago. She is worth living for! Luv and hugs. Diaper on Dudes!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I have seen this 'sad pity me story' scenario many times on DD and other sites, and also from interaction with friends and workmates. Negative emotions are self feeding = one feel sad/down/blue/depressed, and one creates excuses to why you are sad etc, which makes you feel sad etc. Surprisingly, there is only ONE cure / solution to this.

CURE:

Ask yourself - Can I do anything about the situation I am in? If the answer is Yes - then do it. If the answer is NO, then forget about it. There is no use wasting your time and getting sad etc for something that is out of your control.

To extend this - all emotions feed of themselves. If you are happy, and you let yourself be happy / enjoy the happiness, you will soon become overjoyed. All I am telling you to do is NOT let yourself be sad.