LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Touch & Taste

Codymoogle

I'm a VERY tactile person, I like to touch things to see how they feel. Hot, cold, fuzzy, soft, firm, smooth, lumpy, silky, etc.

I also like to taste things - different foods, and I end up tasting a lot of things that I shouldn't (non edible stuff, like glue, for example)...and usually, the touch and taste thing goes together - I wonder, "how would this feel in my MOUTH? How would it taste?" (I don't actually think that, but it's a reaction).

So, a lot of things have gone into my mouth - some safe to eat and/or chew, some not. Daddy tells me to put my binky in when I chew on things I'm not supposed to, and I love my binky...But sometimes, the texture/feel of it gets boring. When that happens, I don't want it. I hate when it's forced on me, because my binky then becomes a punishment instead of a comfort, which makes me associate bad feelings with my binky. It's supposed to be a good thing, not a bad one...

I understand Daddy's concern about me putting things I shouldn't in my mouth, but it's a texture (and sometimes taste) thing. If I like the texture or the taste (or especially, both), it'll end up in my mouth though.

I've been trying to come up with solutions to this problem (and once this problem is eradicated, I think other problems will be resolved too, such as eating for comfort)...

I've thought about making a patchwork blankie or two of all different fabrics and textures, so I won't get bored with any of the patch textures...but I'd like some other ideas, too.

Thoughts, anyone?

~ moogle

Patchwork blanket is the best idea you'll get I'm sure. That's innovative in itself. But you said taste is a part of it also... perhaps get flavored stuff to spray on the blanket... something that wont get it all sticky. *shrugs*

-Sofi

Ooh, get one of your cuddlies that has big and/or floppy ears.

I occasionally find myself nibbling C Bear or Becky's ears when in bed.

Ya, I find Bunny's ears (as well as most of my other plushies' ears, paws, or tails) in my mouth a lot, especially when I'm sleepy or having a really bad time...

Sophie, flavor sprays might be good, thanks for the idea...I won't put them on my plushies though! LOL

~ moogle

... perhaps get flavored stuff to spray on the blanket... something that wont get it all sticky....

Sophie, flavor sprays might be good, thanks for the idea...I won't put them on my plushies though! LOL

Awe, why not... It could be nice if you got rabbit flavoured spray on Bunny, and chicken flavoured spray on your Chicken plushie....

but seriously, I admire you in that you have not lost your infantile curiosity in the touch of items. It is not the taste that you are looking for by putting items in your mouth, it is to further explore the intricities of an item with the most sensitive organ in your body - your tounge. Considering that taste is not what you are looking for, the patchwork quilt made out of scraps of as much different material that you can get your hands on is an excellent idea. It will sate and exite your suckling urges, while being non-toxic.

Awe, why not... It could be nice if you got rabbit flavoured spray on Bunny, and chicken flavoured spray on your Chicken plushie....

but seriously, I admire you in that you have not lost your infantile curiosity in the touch of items. It is not the taste that you are looking for by putting items in your mouth, it is to further explore the intricities of an item with the most sensitive organ in your body - your tounge. Considering that taste is not what you are looking for, the patchwork quilt made out of scraps of as much different material that you can get your hands on is an excellent idea. It will sate and exite your suckling urges, while being non-toxic.

So it's not about taste at all? I guess not, considering I've eaten glue before due to the texture. But if it's not about taste, why do I mostly overeat for comfort instead of chewing on something else?

~ moogle

For my patchwork blankie:

I have a few fabrics that I know I want in this. They are:

Chenille

Denim

Cotton

Silk

Velvet

Edit:

Added satin, thanks Freta

Added polyester, thanks abrera

Added burlap, thanks PArms

Added fleece, thanks ace

Any other suggestions? The more fabric pieces the better.

~ moogle

Satin should be indispensable

Ooh, satin, ya...Added to my list! Thanks freta.

I know it's not a fabric... but I'd try a playtex rubber sort of deal... Just because when i start biting, I usually go for a teether or paci to chew on, which isn't good as they often break...

That's a good idea Sophie...although I have two questions:

1. How would I sew the patch on?

2. What kind of binky do you use? I use a NUK 5 and I can't bite through it easily...My NUK 5's last a good 6 months or more with a lot of use...

I have two questions for everyone, also.

1. I'm thinking of putting "taggies" or fringes, etc, on my new blankie for even more texture. Are there different types of tags and ribbons I can use for this purpose?

2. Any ideas on a design? I want the pieces to arrange to be a nice picture, but it can't be too elaborate. I've been told I should do a moogle, but I need some other ideas as a backup. The design should be appropriate for a toddler.

~ moogle

The absolute best fabric in the world is Modal. It's a type of Rayon made from a specific beech tree in Europe. If you can't find Modal by the Trademark name, then HWM (High Wet Modulus) Rayon will suffice. HWM or Modal is different from Viscose rayon. You'll know it's HWM by reading the care instructions label. HWM can be washed and dried. If it's dry clean only, then it's viscose. The manufacturers make the rolls of rayon pretty thin, so I'd say to double up. I have t-shirts and undies made from rayon and spandex.

The absolute best fabric in the world is Modal. It's a type of Rayon made from a specific beech tree in Europe. If you can't find Modal by the Trademark name, then HWM (High Wet Modulus) Rayon will suffice. HWM or Modal is different from Viscose rayon. You'll know it's HWM by reading the care instructions label. HWM can be washed and dried. If it's dry clean only, then it's viscose. The manufacturers make the rolls of rayon pretty thin, so I'd say to double up. I have t-shirts and undies made from rayon and spandex.

So what exactly should I look for here? Modal, High Wet Modulus, Viscose, or Rayon? Will the names be seperate like that or will they just say "rayon"?

kevlars not a bad choice. if your in a odd situation where you have your nomming blankey and a gunfight , hide behind the kevlar bit. hehe

What's kevlar, ace? Never heard of that one.

~ moogle

Moogle, the tag will most likely say Rayon. Look at the care instructions.

Wash and dry = HWM or Modal (Modal is a Trademarked type of HWM)

Dry clean only = viscose

I bought something from Kohl's a while ago and e-mailed them to confirm that it was indeed Modal. The tag simply said Rayon 95%/Lycra 5%.

Moogle, the tag will most likely say Rayon. Look at the care instructions.

Wash and dry = HWM or Modal (Modal is a Trademarked type of HWM)

Dry clean only = viscose

I bought something from Kohl's a while ago and e-mailed them to confirm that it was indeed Modal. The tag simply said Rayon 95%/Lycra 5%.

Ah ha! Thanks!

~ moogle

I'm totally going to make my own patchwork blankie, great idea, thanks! one thing I like to do when in baby mode is untie tangled knots, and i tend to use my teeth in that, and I've always liked the taste/feeling of cords to things like NES controllers. Maybe have Daddy bring out the christmas lights early for some OCD untagle time, you might even end up tangled up like a little kitten with yarn.

Hiya Moogle,

I think you should have a look at http://www.taggies.com/ I'm not suggesting you buy one... they are sooooo expensive and small too. But you might bet some ideas from it... as it's a baby blanket designed for what you want!

I have one of the small ones, and I love it. I too am a very "tactile" person. Always feeling fabric and textures. I was a "tag rubber" as a kid :)

The first time i was one of these in the store, I had pretty much the same feeling as when i found AB/DL online. Wow, I am not the only one!

Fleece and teddy bear fur are two of my favorite fabrics.

Guest LOSTinDiapers

Hiya Moogle,

I think you should have a look at http://www.taggies.com/ I'm not suggesting you buy one... they are sooooo expensive and small too. But you might bet some ideas from it... as it's a baby blanket designed for what you want!

I was coming in here to post exactly this. I have a taggies blanket and I love it. I find myself a very tactile person, too. I also recommend minky as a very nice feeling fabric.