LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Amazing Absorbency

http://www.thediapersuperstore.com/cgi-bin/store/scan/co=yes/fi=products/sf=prod_group/se=Wellness/op=/sf=category/se=Wellness/op=/tf=description/sp=results_big.html?id=h8KkI3om Has anyone tried this diaper it says it can hold up to 87 ozs.I would think if any diaper had 87 ozs in it if you sit down there would be gel everywhere.I can't see any diaper holding that much with out leaking.

http://www.thediaper...tml?id=h8KkI3om Has anyone tried this diaper it says it can hold up to 87 ozs.I would think if any diaper had 87 ozs in it if you sit down there would be gel everywhere.I can't see any diaper holding that much with out leaking.

These should actually work out to be less absorbent than an Abena. They rated these Wellness diapers to hold 87 oz. or about 2600 ML. Abena rates the Med X-Plus to be 3600 ML, which works out to about 122 oz. which is significantly more than these. If you look at the diaper test page on XP Medical's site, they only rate the X-Plus to be about 75 oz. SO, I think it's pretty safe to say that even though it could actually hold that much in their manufacturers tests, you would not actually see that amount of absorbency in actual use.

Here's the thing I found out. I ordered some samples from I think Uniquewellness.com, they are the cheapest place to get samples. I was looking on acecool the other day, noticed he said they were redesigned. The samples I got were, I think, the new design. They were different than the pics I had seen. They have the lines down the middle like old attends. Here's my take, they remind me somewhat of European Tena Slip Maxi's in the sense that the plastic is similar, they leak out of the plastic, like little pinholes, and they do absorb to about 3 or 4 times the original thickness. The plastic is...WEAK! As it got wet and full the tape ripped the plastic and the plastic split as it "grew". Very disappointing because the absorption is great and I like how they fit. According to acecool, they are supposed to be stronger and such....a new and improved design. Maybe I got a bad batch, I don't know, I'm afraid to spend the money to find out. I love trying new diapers, but I know that Secure/Bambino works very well.

Those ridiculously high absorbency figures you see are often 'dunk tests'. 3000ml (the quoted Abena Medium X-Plus absorbency) is almost a US gallon for goodness sake. Whilst it may be technically possible to make it absorb that much by submerging it, we all know that the extent of usable absorbency before you reach the point of 'squish leaking', etc, is much lower...

Those ridiculously high absorbency figures you see are often 'dunk tests'. 3000ml (the quoted Abena Medium X-Plus absorbency) is almost a US gallon for goodness sake. Whilst it may be technically possible to make it absorb that much by submerging it, we all know that the extent of usable absorbency before you reach the point of 'squish leaking', etc, is much lower...

Not to mention the fact that the salts in urine also reduces the SAP's ability to absorb so it can vary greatly.