LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Why Are Disposables So Expensive?

This has probably been asked before, but I'm still gonna ask it...

Why are disposable diapers so dang expensive?

A pack of adult diapers costs at least 2-3 times as much as a pack of baby diapers (I do not understand why), and has less than half as many in the pack (which makes sense because of the actual item size).

Adult diapers are usually made by the same companies that make the baby diapers, so why the insane price differences?

Guest aielen

This has probably been asked before, but I'm still gonna ask it...

Why are disposable diapers so dang expensive?

A pack of adult diapers costs at least 2-3 times as much as a pack of baby diapers (I do not understand why), and has less than half as many in the pack (which makes sense because of the actual item size).

Adult diapers are usually made by the same companies that make the baby diapers, so why the insane price differences?

The chemicals are different I think.

If your really look at it compared to a baby diaper, they're not all that expensive. Check this out: http://www.diapers.com/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=5716&From=Brand. As you can see, size 1 pampers you get 252 diapers for $44.99. Size 6 you get 128 for $44.99. Almost half as many diapers for the same price. You may think it's a rip-off here too but if you look at a case of size 1 and 6 together, the case size is about the same so there's just as much material cost. The only thing less would be the number of diapers that get stamped out but I feel it's all relative. The size 6 in this ad runs $0.35 each. Since these are just regular pampers and not say overnights and there not the thin generics, I think it's fair to say these are middle of the road diapers. So in comparison to a middle of the road diaper say attends, depends, which tend to run about $0.75 per diaper for a large, that's not too bad of a price if your paying $0.35 for a much smaller baby diaper. The adult diapers easily 3 times the size. Same again, look at how adult diapers keep the same price but from small to medium, medium to large, diapers are taken so fewer diapers, same price but package sizes stay the same. I wish I was a small so I'd get more diapers for my dollar but as with baby diapers, that's not the case. (no pun intended)

For the most part, I can justify why the cost of the diaper. More absorbant, last longer but more expensive, less absorbant, more changes, cheaper. More features, more expensive, etc. I still feel it's all relative to the size and features so adult diaper prices aren't that bad. That being said, of course I do wish they were lower but it's a fair price for what you get.

Adult diaper have at least three times as much material as a baby diaper, four or more in the good ones. And with most adult diaper brands you are not paying for multi million dollar advertising campaigns. I have noticed that store brand adult overnight pullups are only slightly more expensive than Goodnites despite being way bigger.