LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diaper Shopping Adventure

This is going to be pedestrian for lots of you but it was kind of a big deal for me. I haven't bought diapers in about a year, just hasn't personally been feasible, plus the desire wasn't there. About a week ago I started feeling that urge to be diapered again, I found myself day dreaming about it, and even had a night dream where I was diapered and wandering around outside.

My chance came a few days ago when I had to make a drive a few towns over for a computer part and my wife didn't want to go. So I stop at a few thrift stores and hit the jackpot at one, I see an entire adult diaper section, but realize its like 20 packages of Tranqulity Youth size, and a few random institutional packages. I pick up one of the institutional packages of a blue colored diaper with no size information and start to go buy it when I notice the cashier is a young man about my age. I stand there trying to decide if I still want them when a large group of people walk in. I put them down and head out kind of mad at myself for chickening out but also pretty sure that they would be too small, or useless anyway.

I make a detour and go through a small town that's not on the route and check out a pretty large non franchise pharmacy, at first I can't find a diaper section even though they have everything else. Then I realize they have cases of adult diapers on a shelf all unopened. I check them out and realize they are Attends. Now I'm really getting excited because I remember back when Wal-Mart sold Attends and how awesome they were. The cardboard cases have no information on them other then big a S and M for size, but I figure out that the stickers on the boxes say that these are Attends breathable, there's lots of cases and most of them are Attends underwear, I can only find diapers in size Small and Medium. There's a sign that says do not open cases, and I figure that the cases would probably cost around 70 or more dollars which is more then I want to spend. I go ahead and open a case anyway since no one is around and take out one of the packages. I can't believe that I'm holding a package of Attends I barely fit into the size given for a Medium though and I don't think I want to spend the money on something that doesn't fit. I'm turning the package around and checking it out from all sides and turn around to see another customer watching me, I smile at the lady, and she looks at me like I'm kind of nuts and wanders off. I try to muster up enough courage to take a package to the register and ask if I can buy a single package, but eventually decide against it and leave.

Walgreens is the next stop but I don't stay long when I realize that the only non pullup style diaper they sell is their own brand and I'm certain that I don't want any Certainty diapers. I check another store and find that they only sell the underwear, I hate that.

I'm thinking I'm going to have to go to the Wal-mart which is the last place I bought diapers in this town a year ago. Its usually really busy and the odds of me running into someone I know there are really low, but I'm afraid I'll talk myself out of it again.

I keep driving and see a CVS pharmacy in an otherwise abandoned shopping center I didn't even know existed. This place is so dead that I feel comfortable looking through the diaper section really well. Checking it out I'm pretty bummed when I find they have the new package of Depends, but only in S/M. Then I start digging around behind the packages and find some really old packages of Depends, these are the ones from like ten years ago with a red and white package, where they first changed from green to white and you got 18 large diapers. The only way this could have been better is if they were the overnight ones. Kind of amazing to find. I buy both of them from the nice old lady cashier and head home.

I just find it easier to use xpmedical or magic medical. Hate going into stores, since most dont have a large selection or thin generic. I prefer the thick Molicares. Cant get those in store anyway.

my 2 cents.

Yeah, but diaperchuckie probably isn't able to get stuff through the mail or his wife would find out. He is obviously trying to keep things on the sly.

Diaperchuckie, I feel your pain! I understand not being able to wear whenever you want to - I'm in the same boat. I have gotten more courage about buying however, and want to tell you - as so many threads here have said - don't be afraid! No one cares!! Don't be afraid to go back to that store that had the Attends and just out and out ASK if they would order a case in your size. Where I buy mine, they sometimes are out of single packages and since I usually buy two at a time, I don't mind getting a box (not really a case) of 2 packages, so it cost only around $40. BE BRAVE!!!

Guest dodgedart

What the big deal walk in and buy them. PPL go in and do it all the time for them self and others. No one wonders if they are yours of for someone else.

I am 100% right on this.

I realy need diapers and of all the packs and cases I have bought no one has ever said anything or LOL @ Me for doing so.

The medical suppy stores are cut and dry. Normal questions from those working there are.

May I help you? If you say no they say well if you can not find what ya need let me know.

We have this brand and that brand and keep plenty in the back.

You are not on the stand for Murder you are buying diapers. A simple just what do you have and how many.May be asked not on the 14th of march where were you at 9:28 PM LOL.

Do you need help with out products? Maybe I can help you with you selection.

Just like wearing out and about no one knows you have them on unless you are a flasher.

But I am going at it from a person who wears 24/7 out of need to do so.

My wife and I have not let our kids know since they already know I have health problems.

{IE} They do not need to worry. If one should find out then thats that. It is Not something I can change on way or the other.

If doing it for Fun and thats what it sounds like.......relax and have fun

I rarely buy at local stores anymore - I am not ashamed or embarrassed, just don't like their stock - but when I do, Medical Supply Stores are my first choice. Generally they offer more brands and they sell diapers every day and never judge a customer. If they ask questions it's only to be sure you get what you need - but if you say you'd rather just browse on your own, they comply.

Guest lucys junibug

lucy buys ours so i don't have to worry....she knows what i like and what i don't! i know that she does a better job than me.

i once tried to by some local and it was a disaster!!.....i have posted about that before ....but on-line is defiantly easier for us as shops/pharmacy's don't usually stock on shelves (boots do now,uk)

xxx

juniper

Wow, that is like combination of flash back and a wake-up call to how disappointing stick and brick stores are now. I'm sorry that you have to hide this side of yourself from your wife. It sounds like she is part of the group that never will accept this side of you and I'm really sorry about that.

Yes, I guess you will have to check out specialty medical supply stores that stock Tranquility diapers. They are decent enough, but the problem those stores have is the high cost of storing them on the shelves. Look at this from a busines perspective and you'll see that you can make much more money by selling adult diapers by mail or with "just in time" delivery. I know that doesn't help you, but it does help you foresee how things are going to be.

Now, I'll try to be helpful. Since the thing the stores don't want to pay for is storage, maybe you can rent a small storage area. Otherwise, you will have to have an area in your house that your wife NEVER looks in. That, my friend, is risky. Next, you will need a P.O. Box. The UPS store offers those and there are others. It needs to be close enough to your commuting route that you can check it for your orders and still make it home without arousing your wife's suspictions. You might as well also have a secret credit card that only knows your billing address as the P.O. Box. Okay, this has gotten very "James Bond", and even worse, it suggests have a marital relationship and keeping secrets from your partner. Bad, very bad. Of course, it all could be for surpise XMas presents :)

THis may sound strange, but I kind of like buying diapers at a store, there is a certain amount of thrill involved, even though I chicken out. I don't know what I'm so afraid of, I know its not like anyone cares. Back when I was younger and dumber I went out to buy diapers at my local wal-mart, and this is a small town so I almost always see someone I know. I was in line holding on to them and a girl I knew from school walked by and said hello. She stopped and looked down at my Depends, and gave me this look like, "what the hell" and walked off. I decided I should never buy diapers in my own town again after that.

Yeah my wife doesn't like the diapers. She knew that I was interested in it long before we were married, she found the www.dpf.com site on my computer. I of course lied and said I went there looking for something else. But she eventually wised up, she even caught me in diapers on a few occasions, luckly never real bad. She got mad about it at first, but now just kind of accepts it. For a short time she diapered me, and even fed me from a bottle a few times, but she eventually said it just kind of wasn't for her and that she didn't want any part in it. I've been thinking about just wearing a diaper around the house and seeing if she would even notice, but I don't want to make her mad, because I understand how weird this is and think she is super for just accepting it. We left for a short trip s few weeks ago and her parents were coming to the house to feed animals and she said, "make sure you hide your things really, I don't want to be embarrassed. At the time I didn't even have any.

Seems like her biggest complaint, especially if I ordered some diapers, would be how much they cost. I've thought about getting a PO box at the UPS store, but was kind of afraid they'd call. I don't have to worry about credit card type stuff becasue she never looks at the finances.

Her job got cut back pretty severely awhile back so she only works for a couple of hours, really cut back on my diaper wearing. I'm kind of hoping she'll get a different job one day so I can be diapered more.

Between not having the money to indulge in the high-end diapers and the risk of them being shipped to my folks' or grandparent's house or my mom's workplace (lazy delivery folks), my only viable option is old fashion "go to the store" shopping.