LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

News Article Mention

I was reading the local TV channel's online news about SC's Sales Tax Exempt Week which ends shortly. About halfway down was a list of some tax-exempt items and heading the alphabetically-organized list was "Adult Diapers" laugh.gif The list is on SC's Tax website on the second page of this link: http://www.sctax.org...5B1/0/RR059.pdf

Maybe I should stock up tomorrow biggrin.gif

Bettypooh

"According to the South Carolina Department of Revenue, items like lingerie and adult diapers are included in the Back to School list because when the state code passed, it was enacted covering all clothing."

Thats quite cool. Our tax holiday is so specific you really can't benefit from it unless you have school-age kids.

Our tax holiday is so specific you really can't benefit from it unless you have school-age kids.

Ditto, and even then, the price restrictions on the tax-free are so low that you hardly save anything. School supplies under $10 per item or something like that so you save a whopping 70c max per item. Wooo :rolleyes: .

Honestly, I think the tax free holidays are blown out of all proportion anyway, they're just used as a marketing tool by the stores. I'd rather go before or after the holiday and buy things in a calm, normal way than go in the tax-free time and have to endure a rugby scrum just to save 15c on some #2 pencils and a notebook.

[edit to add] that of course, unless the company you're buying from is in your own state, diapers bought online are tax-free all year round :D

"According to the South Carolina Department of Revenue, items like lingerie and adult diapers are included in the Back to School list because when the state code passed, it was enacted covering all clothing."

Thats quite cool. Our tax holiday is so specific you really can't benefit from it unless you have school-age kids.

Sometimes the 'suits in office' manage to get things right down here whether they intended to or not laugh.gif Our "Sales Tax Holiday" was enacted some years back as an 'economic stimulus' thing, presented and sold to us citizens accordingly. The state was suffering from the loss of the textile industry and retail stores were closing at an unheard of rate sad.gif Hapless unemployed parents had to make their money stretch to buy their kids school items so it helped all around. If the plan was going to work, then why not expand the list some so that all stores could benefit? Many retailers who had plans to close shop decided to wait and see if it would make for enough sales to keep their doors open and it didbiggrin.gif

I think the main reason "all clothing" was included that way is that we had just repealed many of the old "Blue Laws" which prohibited Sunday sales of many things- including "all clothing" angry.gif That set the tone for the following legislative sessions and has brought us into the 20th century. Give us a bit more time and we'll catch up with the rest- and maybe even join the current century 24.gif

Though not as effective a sales tool as it was in the beginning it still makes a difference and it bought the state time to make the move toward attracting diversified industries to the state while allowing the smaller businesses to hang on until a new manufacturing base was established so they could prosper again. It worked as planned- something the 'naysayers' of the current Federal efforts should think about wink.gif

Bettypooh