LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Cycling With A Nappy On...

wetnappyuk

I'm a hardcore cyclist myself, I've found that the pull ups hold up better than the briefs. The briefs tend to break apart and crumble on long rides. The pull ups will last a 50 mile ride into the mountains, and still handle a wetting at the end of the ride. :biker_h4h:

Baby smokey,

the pullups, in my experience, tend to be to thin to handle wettings and the saddle of a bike - where the full brief (slips) in maximum absorbency tend to handle just fine. i dont tend to cycle 50 miles or so - mabe ten or twenty.

• 2 weeks later...

wondering if you tried it yet

I imagine if you wore regular baggy shorts with a onesie you would be fine, and no one would notice, but there is no way you are going to get away with a diaper under cycling shorts without anyone noticing. While wearing cycling shorts there is no way your hiding anything under them, even your stuff showes if you dont have it pointed in the right direction :P

I race and ride at least 60 miles a day, but I have never went on a ride with a diaper on, but if your only doing short ride, I am sure just regular shorts and onesie would be fine. I imagine 50 miles on a bicycle, in a diaper leads to some major chafing? :huh:

Back in college I used to ride diapered frequently. One thing that I wasn't prepared for was the 'triple whammy rash:' razor burn, diaper rash, and chaffing.

By the way, bike saddles seem remarkably effective at squeezing the contents out of diapers.

Guest Mummys Cute Baby Lucy

I've never worn while riding my bike, but its gotta rub, and I would be worried about getting extra leaks too!!!

Unless I'm just going down the street or around the block I wouldn't dare ride with a diaper on. And even then I'm wearing baggy shorts and a longish t-shirt. I like enjoying the exercise on a bike and a diaper tends to keep me from focusing on that; what with the excessive sweat and chaffing.

I have done lots of riding - both road bike and mountain bike - in cloth diapers and plastic baby pants. Never had a problem with leaks or chafing. Never been beeped at either, even when wearing just a long t-shirt over my diapers. Generally ride country roads so there wasn't a lot of opportunioty to "show off".

• 2 weeks later...

It's something I've always wondered about (ever since I saw a fake photo of Britney Spears in a nappy pushing a bikewub.gif ). I've always thought it wouldn't be a good idea to ride in a wet/messy nappy. You'd get a bit of a rash on your bot-bot, and the saddle would squeeze stuff out. But people are saying they've done it.

Maybe it beats riding for miles and miles trying to find a gap in the hedge, where the hedge is high enough, and the field isn't overgrown, or overlooked from the road or houses etc. before I start to pee myself anyway.

At least black lycra wouldn't show the stains.

I bike about every other day, and am always wearing. Though my common diaper is depends maximum with the small abri lets or boosts in it.

Have never had any problems with chafing, and it actually kinda pads the seat a little bit more, so theyre comfortable :-)

I've been wet while biking and never had a problem with the leaks (though not thoroughly soaked). I just wear workout or running shorts. Sure if you really look you could probably tell I had one on. But 1, youre moving too fast for anyone to get a good look, and 2, people arent checking you out to see if youre wearing a diaper (its not that noticible).

• 9 months later...

i have done it and will do it in the future

most cycle wear stuff has a padding anyway, so i cant see it making much diff if im wearing a diaper and shorts

i didnt use a onesie that time, just a shorts and a lose t-shirt, like i care if ppl i dont know see it..