LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Abena X-plus

I only where for fun so not that often.... Its just the thing with the tapes + plastic, for me they've always caused rips when retaping.... unless you do it straight away. And as for being another generic diaper.... well they said they'd go back to the old style ones :) . Hopefully just an experiment on their part.

Yes, lets just hope that they run out of there experimental supply's quickly! I know a lot of senior care facilities now order the cloth backing diapers, so lets hope the supply of this cheap quality hurries and gets distributed to the nursing homes etc. I understand the refasting tape has to be done straight away! If I wake up and diaper still dry I would use it the following night and I would remove the blue tape from the front, noticed you have to quickly pull it to prevent tearing! you are so right. unfortunatly this experimental diaper they made makes this totally impossible compared to the older style. So these are excellent if I can get two night's out of one diaper without it falling apart from the fluff bunching up which they don't do.

Cheer's

babydoug

• 1 month later...

I am trying my second pack of Abri-Form X Plus and I'm not happy with them. I got a pack several months ago because everyone talks them up so much. When I tried them on, they felt great and I thought that they were the greatest. Then I started to wet them and they started to leak through little pin-holes in the plastic. Not just one diaper, but most of them from that pack.

I thought that I would give them another try and got a new pack a few weeks ago and these are doing the same thing. The diaper is far from soaked, but leaks through the plastic when I'm wetting.

Does anyone else have this problem with these diapers?

Are you talking about the 'Air Plus' variety? They, like any form of diaper with 'cloth-like' or 'breathable' panels will leak through said panels. I've never liked those varieties and I always choose diapers that have an all-plastic cover. Abena produces 'em in both varieties.

Are you talking about the 'Air Plus' variety? They, like any form of diaper with 'cloth-like' or 'breathable' panels will leak through said panels. I've never liked those varieties and I always choose diapers that have an all-plastic cover. Abena produces 'em in both varieties.

That post is from 2005, before abena released the clothlike ones.. :P But this was a known problem with them, a defective batch that they replaced when asked.... annoying all the same through. They don't do it now :D

That post is from 2005, before abena released the clothlike ones.. :P But this was a known problem with them, a defective batch that they replaced when asked.... annoying all the same through. They don't do it now :D

*smacks forehead* Okay, so I don't pay attention to ALL the details when I read a post. *chuckle*

I tend to prefer pull-ups to tape diapers. I have tried Abena Abri-Flex Extra and they are great for general daily wear. As long as you are standing, they will hold three or four releases during the day, but tend to develop a stale odor by the end of the day. I read on DiaperSpace that http://www.wellnessbriefs.com has a highly absorbent tape diaper and they will send you a "free" sample if you send them $1.99 for shipping and handling. I just sent off for mine today.

I used to be an Attends 10 man until their constant cut backs made them loose me as a customer. I tried several different brands before finally settling on the Abena Extras. However I changed my diet to include more water and quickly found that even a diaper doubler was barely making it without leaking during the day and weren't enough at night. Since switching to the X-pluses I have had almost no leaks which is definitely worth the extra cost in my book.

Has anyone gotten a case of the style with the new wetness indicator yet?

I just opened a case of medium Extras (now just M3) in the "new style". The padding itself seems the same... the wetness indicator is (obviously) different, the plastic and tapes also seem softer.

Hopefully this is a change for the better.

• Like 1

Really? That's disappointing to hear. I ordered a big box of three bags back in July of this year (from xpmedical) and they were still nice 'n thick. Hope they are not going back to their awful thin cutbacks like they did back in 2005. <_< That was disappointing. Bambino's may have the "cute" factor down, but I do prefer the slight thickness of Abina X-plus.

• 2 weeks later...

ok not sure if this goes here or what (im a noob) but im trying to order them online and i still live with my folks :( and need advice on how to order them online and not have them show up at my house while their home

thanks for the help in advance

Hi, Kungfubaby. Your only real choice is to have the daipers delivered somewhere else. If you don't have a friend who can accept the package without asking questions, then go to a pack-and-ship store and ask if you can have a package shipped there. Local businesses will probably let you, but chain stores may ask you to rent a post office box.

Oh, and if you're wondering how to pay for this, you can use a money order, or you can buy a gift Visa (or Master Card or Amex), which will allow you to order online without having to use a credit card.

Hope that helps!

-RMS

I must say, the X-pluses are really nice.

I've been using them for awhile now, mostly because they are the cheapest and most comfortable that I can find online. The thickness has always been enjoyable for me.

My last pack I just got a few days ago, I too noticed a difference in the blue markings. I also noticed that the tapes are smoother.

After wearing them, I've also noticed that they seem to be alil softer too. I believe there was an improvement.

Adrian, the mediums are the same price down to the third decimal place per diaper when purchased from XP Medical.

I just recently tried Abena X-Plus and they are awesome. I have an issue with the size of them, but even if the larges ran too big on me, they absorbed as well as the Molicares I tried and were nice and bulky, which was a lot of fun.

^ Ummm...are you sure your math is correct:

Bambino Classico Medium: $65.96/48 ct (65.96/48) = 1.37416667 PER DIAPER

Abena X-Plus via XP Med - $57.95/42 ct (57.95/42) = 1.3797619 PER DIAPER

The difference is negligible but Bambino is technically cheaper...you may want to check your math ;)

lol, I just buy one case at a time.

The way both sites have it setup, the smallest pack of Bambinos and the Postal Service would cost me alil over 50 bucks.

The smallest pack of Abri-Form X-Plus with the Postal Service fee only costs me about 35 bucks.

As far as cost per Diapers go, I see your point, but I dont like spending so much money on a little hobby of mine. If I used my diapers for more than relaxing and sleep, I could see myself spending the money.

For what I use them for, one pack of 14 diapers can last a whole month or more, depending on how many days I go with wearing.