LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Medical Supply Stores

Sivo

This should be routine for you all now, but I'm in a situation where ordering diapers online (the good kind, that is) may lead me to some embarrassing encounters (for both parties) that I would prefer to avoid. Whenever I really want some, I get depends (ugh!) with some boosters.

I've heard people talk about medical supply stores before, and I've tried the almighty Google search, and yellow pages searches, but I don't really know how these stores are listed. Could anyone lend some advice on this? I'm ready for the possibility that there may simply be none in my area, but I'd like to at least try and look before giving up and settling for a lesser product :)

I've tried to Google "medical supply" for my location, and did a similar search via yellow pages. Am I just looking in the wrong places?

I appreciate any tips on this!

This should be routine for you all now, but I'm in a situation where ordering diapers online (the good kind, that is) may lead me to some embarrassing encounters (for both parties) that I would prefer to avoid. Whenever I really want some, I get depends (ugh!) with some boosters.

I've heard people talk about medical supply stores before, and I've tried the almighty Google search, and yellow pages searches, but I don't really know how these stores are listed. Could anyone lend some advice on this? I'm ready for the possibility that there may simply be none in my area, but I'd like to at least try and look before giving up and settling for a lesser product :)

I've tried to Google "medical supply" for my location, and did a similar search via yellow pages. Am I just looking in the wrong places?

I appreciate any tips on this!

When you say Yellow Page searches are you referring to the internet? If so you might want to go to the actual Book. A Lot of the smaller Mom & Pop places may not advertise on the internet. Just look under Medical supplies, if there is something in your area it should be under that. You might want to look under Incontinence as well.

Guest Mummy's Cute Baby Lucy

One way is to do things backwards.. if you've got a preference of which nappy you'd like... try contacting the manufacturer (or check their website) and see who they have down as distributors and stockist. For example I phoned Abena to see who I might be able to some Nappies from (I usually would order online but needed them in a hurry, when I actually was suffering with degree of incontinence) and they were able to tell me who would be likely to stock not just their products in general but which products they would be likely to have (I guess they know which products are ordered by them) Now the place wasn't particularly close but it was doable as I was travelling...

Just one way you might try if you have no luck searching for stores directly..

Good Luck

Lucy

Try going to http://www.whitepages.com and under "Find A Business" type in "Medical Supply" and your zip code. Then hit "Find". On the left hand side of the next screen there will be a list of "Best Matches" that you can also choose from. You can also decide how many miles radius you want to search by hitting the drop down menu under the "Show Results Within" tab. From there you will have to look through the listings and determine which may be drug store chaines or places that might sell surgical supplies as opposed to health care stores that sell diapers. Best to call the stores first and ask for what you are looking for. I have gone looking for some medical supply stores only to find that they have gone out of business. I can't say that the listings in Whitepages.com are always current. This has worked pretty well for me finding medical supply stores that sell adult diapers and plastic pants.

I travel all the time and rely heavily on checking for terms like medical supplies, home health supplies, and hospital supplies. I use both internet searches and the old yellowpages. I call and ask if they carry adult incontinence supplies and what they have in stock for medium. Most are quite helpful directing me to another store if they are unable to help. I have had luck finding some pretty good products for fair prices. I tend to be diapered when travelling so I rely on this method rather than bringing a bunch from home. Every once in a while I may be relegated to Depends but am usually able to find something more substantial. In a town I frequently travel to I found Prevail PM diapers this way and was quite happy with them. Unfortunately the store stopped carrying them when Medicaid stopped covering them. Omaha of all places had a range from Depends and Attends to Tranquility ATN and Tena Briefs(several types). You never know what you will find.

Only one warning to this approach though, if you get stuck in a town with less than stellar diaper selection and you are used to a decent product, beware of leaks. I am usually changing a bit more frequently with Depends mostly out of fear of leaks. I worry about crinkle noise a bit too if they are cheaper plastic diapers. I got caught out on a flight home recently and was in a town where the best was Depends. I wore the Depends and the flight was one of those where getting up was a real problem due to turbulence. I had not worried about drinking a fair amount of soda expecting that mid-flight I would change. Well, the change opportunity never happened and the diaper was put to good use, perhaps one could say overuse. I was really glad I had my windbreaker with me though in the overhead bin. I had leaked a bit and the faded black pants definitely showed the evidence. I almost knocked someone over tryng to get my windbreaker and tie it around my waist. The wide eyes of the woman I sat next to clearly showed that I showed. Oh well who knows what she thought...no comment was made though. P_P

Unless you live in a really small town there are bound to be some kind of medical supply stores... I looked in the actual yellow pages to find all the ones by me (4 actually) but the best find was one that was unlisted... I had to drive about 10 minutes but i found a store that actually sells molicare super plus's... great find but it wasnt listed as a medical supply store it was listed under pharmacy... it is attached to a pharmacy and shares the same name but stocks medical supplies... if you dont have a paper back yellow pages try googling medical supply and your city in the same search..

hope that helps

In 2005 I worked at a Medical Supply store, most of them basically just do what Lucy said, they are just distrubitors for 1 big company like Medline. Unfortunately they sell their products at double catalogue price, so your best bet would be to just go the online route. The "adult diaper store" idea isn't as attractive as it sounds, but I have had to sell alot of diapers to people that i didn't want to image them wearing them.

Unless you live in a really small town there are bound to be some kind of medical supply stores... I looked in the actual yellow pages to find all the ones by me (4 actually) but the best find was one that was unlisted... I had to drive about 10 minutes but i found a store that actually sells molicare super plus's... great find but it wasnt listed as a medical supply store it was listed under pharmacy... it is attached to a pharmacy and shares the same name but stocks medical supplies... if you dont have a paper back yellow pages try googling medical supply and your city in the same search..

hope that helps

Try google searching for "Incontinence Supplies" in your area. That should bring up a list of local privately owned (non-chain) pharmacies and medical supply stores that carry diapers.

However, it has been my experience that most of these stores will only carry the cheaper brands like Per-fit, Kendall, Previal, First Quality, or etc. Which are all meh in my book. Of course the helpful staff will tell me that they can order anything I like... but of course I can too, through the magic of the Internet and sites like XPMedical or Magic Medical.

Though that method may not be a bad idea for the AB/DL that has money but no safe way of having them delivered to your home.

In my area they are listed under Hospital Equipment and supplies. Some listings will be for wholesalers, but alot of time you can find Mom and Pop type pharmacies that sell different types of diapers.

In 2005 I worked at a Medical Supply store, most of them basically just do what Lucy said, they are just distrubitors for 1 big company like Medline. Unfortunately they sell their products at double catalogue price, so your best bet would be to just go the online route. The "adult diaper store" idea isn't as attractive as it sounds, but I have had to sell alot of diapers to people that i didn't want to image them wearing them.

i have to disagree about the price on there site xp medical has molicare super plus listed as 19.95 for a pacage of 14 i just got home and payed 17.65 for the exact same thing. Not only is it cheaper but it is supporting a small local shop that probably doesnt have an online store. it was a great deal and a great find for me.

I agree the best way to find those kinds of stores is yellowpages.com. Peed_piper is definitely right about the search times for finding those places. As far as finding the mom and pop shops, its up in the air unless you call or visit

I live in a large city (La la land) and every medical supply store I've been to has cheap stuff compared to what you can get online. I am of course somewhat spoiled now that I have Bambinos but still those types of store cater to incontinent needs rather than us weirdos. Suck it up and get a PO Box or something.