LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Toy Wonderings

Codymoogle

Hiya guys and girls,

So, I'm sitting here going through my stuff, and thinking about my toys. No, I'm not talking about plushies - as I don't consider plushies toys, I consider them friends and companions (see the topic Stuffed Animals for plushie talk) - I'm talking about toys and artsy stuff, like blocks, or coloring books. I guess dollies could be discussed here too, but I personally consider dollies in the same boat as plushies. Oh, and no, I'm not talking about "toys" like the computer or "adult toys".

What kind of toys do you have/like?

What kinds of toys are on your wish lists?

Most stores "genderize" their toy sections. Do you think toys have a gender set to them?

Do you lean to the stereotypical views of "boy" toys, or "girl" toys, or do you have/want a pretty equal balance?

What age range do your toys fall in?

I have a dumptruck, a few chunky cars, a big thing of Lego Duplos, an 80-piece Mega Bloks set, a corn popper, artsy stuff, and a few miscellaneous toys like a rattle, link-a-doos, and a viewfinder. I like cars and trucks a lot, especially the push button cars (where you push the button and the car moves by itself), and RC cars. I like blocks too, as well as loud/"poppy"/musical toys and crib toys. I have these kinds of toys on a wish list. I do think there's too much gender seperation between toys. My toy preference leans to "boy toys", mostly, but I don't reject "girl toys" in the slightest. My typical age range for toys is birth to 3/4 years, usually closer to bith to 2 years.

~ moogle

The list of current toys include the Construction Eating Utensil Set, Sophie the Giraffe Teether Toy, Space Bud Duck, Vehicles Plate Set, Crayon Rocks, Purple/Grape Soy-Yer Dough, and the first pack of Aroma Dough.

On my wish list, there's the Eco-Trucks Set, Solar System 7-inch Playground Ball, Heros 50 XL Baby Blocks, and the second pack of Aroma Dough.

The qualities for toy selection are color (not too dark or pastel); size (not too small); vegan, eco-friendly, BPA-free, phthalate free, simplicity (no batteries or electricity); versatility, depictions of animals over humans; and stimulation of more than two senses, creativity, imagination, concentration, and playfulness. Genderwise, I favor boys and unisex toys. The target age typically ranges from birth to preschool.

Guest lucys junibug

hiya,

i like to play with blocks, i love everything about them...and i love aquadraw too i can just keep going with that,i also like push an go toys, lucy and i like to race them!

id like some barbie's, i have two from when i was little in a shoe box some were but the only got underwear on now, which i have to say is a bit fancy for a child's toy!!

i'd like jenga too....its fun and as i like building it satisfys a few needs

happy playing

xxx

i find girl toys (as in sold in the 'girls' section of the store) boring, whorish, and utterly useless... and i am a girl.

boring because theres nothing to put together, build, create etc...

whorish.. cause well have you seen how barbie, bratz dolls and others are dressed anddesigned?

and useless cause.. well they are..

boys toys on the other hand... k'nex, legos, blocks, trains, trucks, cars, way fun, you can build stuff with em, create things with em. Lincoln logs too...

then there are coloring books, play dough, clay, markers, crayons, paint, all great fun and sorta in the general section...

but even when i was a child, i rarely played with 'girl' toys

Guest Baby-Toa

I have a done of legos that I got from my grandpa awhile ago. I had other things but mom cleaned out my room and cleaned them out. T.T I wasn't happy when half my room was gone.

Guest lucys junibug

im sorry to hear your mum cleared out your toys baby-toa *huggs*

when i was growing up i didnt have all that many toys....i had two barbies, i do think the clothes that they ware now are a lot different to what was sold 10 yeas ago, mind you they dont have lacy under garments any more which is probably a good thing!...i guess that i want one coz i didn't have many,and i was always jealous of my step sisters barbie mansion which was taller than me at about 8y/o (my step-sister didn't live with me)...also i'd love sewing tiny clothes for them to wear

i so agree that trucks are good i like to use them with my bricks,lego, any building toys... as i can lift and dump them while building

and i love meccano...we have the soft stuff that they just brought out for toddlers it great....

Guest YkDave

Growing up, i was HUGE into lego (and some of the other similar things like knex) and model trains, i have boxes of the stuff in storage somewhere and now that this has been brought up i think i may just dig them out...

Though these days i really dont have the time to 'play around', i sure wish i did... i really dont have any spare time to play :(

star wars toys...lots and lots all on shelves in my bedroom,but they are not toys they are models.lol.that what i say anyway.and i would never sit there playing with luke and darth having a lightsaber fight or X-WING TIE FIGHTER BATTLES...they are MODELS

star wars toys...lots and lots all on shelves in my bedroom,but they are not toys they are models.lol.that what i say anyway.and i would never sit there playing with luke and darth having a lightsaber fight or X-WING TIE FIGHTER BATTLES...they are MODELS

suuuuuurreeee just like its a barbie doll, but g.i joe is an action figure...... :P

Models = Adult speak for more fragile than usual toys :P

~ moogle

LOL 98% of my Star Wars collection is still mint in the package. I have well over 1,000 Star Wars toys including almost all of the vehicles and play sets.Some of the figures I have multiples of.

LOL 98% of my Star Wars collection is still mint in the package. I have well over 1,000 Star Wars toys including almost all of the vehicles and play sets.Some of the figures I have multiples of.

You both remind me of in Toy Story 2 - and how bitter Stinky Pete was since nobody played with him... like all your models and mint condition toys. Toys are designed to be played with. If you want to admire them, take a picture, frame it and admire the picture - but play with the toy.

• Like 1

You both remind me of in Toy Story 2 - and how bitter Stinky Pete was since nobody played with him... like all your models and mint condition toys. Toys are designed to be played with. If you want to admire them, take a picture, frame it and admire the picture - but play with the toy.

HERE HERE!!! or is it hear hear? well you know what i mean.. when you agree with someone whole heartedly...

Lessee... babylex has...

stackable rings (fun!)

a wonderful and fun set of foam blocks (by far my best gift ever!)

plenty of story books...

..some fun bath toys

but thaz most of his toys... really need to get that kid more...

and a toy box!

--Lex

Damn you!!! I`m envious as hell!! To think that I sold my Star Wars collection when I was a kid; I guess you could put it down to a momentary lapse of reason. :bash:

• 3 weeks later...

I have some Disney Faries Barbies, Tinkerbell, Rani and one other one. I also have some Strawberry Shortcake dolls, a Baby Alive, a few my Little Ponies and numerous coloring books. Daddy says I don't color or play with my toys much which is true. My goal is to start having more time to relax and play with my toys. I also have an American Girl doll Samantha that is no longer made.

I have a wish of toys more stuff for my baby, but it takes time to aquire and money and there are just other priorities.