LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Confusion Over Diapers As Lifestyle Vs. Devient Fetish.

Why do you wear diapers?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. How do you wear them?

• Sexually (Just as a fetish.)
    • Recreational/Lifestyle (They
    • Both (I like to wear them during the day, and they

Hey,

So I know we get alot of topics like this, but a recent event made me think a little and question this fetish.

I go back and forth between college and home alot, and my mother found a small opened box of diapers in my room while cleaning it for my sister to live it. I got a phone call starting off with "I found a box of depends in your room, where did they come from" (they were abena, but who else but us would really care to notice the difference). I made up a quick lie about being a leftover gag gift from a group at school, which seemed to convince her. We chatted about donating them or throwing them out, and then made small talk from there.

I am a diaper lover, and use them both in a sexual fashion and for recreational purposes.

However, I told this event to my g/f and she asks me questions on why I like it, and doens't understand how it can be considered a "lifestyle". She was under the impression that it was simply a sexual fetish and a means of stress relief, but it confused her today when I explained that diapers have become alot more to me.

Diapers, to me, are still a fetish, but they've become a part of me. It's not something that i'm addicted to or rely on, its just a choice. It's something I simply "like". It's a lifestyle I chose (or maybe not) for myself, and is as simple a decision to me as weather or not to wear shorts or long pants on a spring afternoon.

My girlfriend had trouble reasoning how choosing to wear diapers could be a "lifestyle" as opposed to a "fetish". She's worried for my social well being if someone finds out I first wear diapers, and second, like to use them (though I would probably never admit that).

So, how would you all rationalize diapers as a "lifestyle", and explain recreational diaper wearing to someone who doesn't see the same way about adult diaper useage?

for me Age play is a form of sexual roleplaying and is a form of Dom/sub.. so diapers in and of themselves do absolutely nothing for me....because i can enjoy the age play scenario without diapers at all, they are just a prop that add to the feeing of being dominated etc....

but being an ab is very much sexual...

Guest Mummy's Cute Baby Lucy

For me sometimes my nappies, are sexual in the way that they enhance my ageplay with Mummy, and they are good fun.

However sometime my nappies fulfil a deep need that i feel to be a Little girl (actually I have a need to be a girl of all ages, but in this case...) and nappies, let me go to that special place of innocence, and security of being a baby girl.

Lots of Hugs

Lucy

Both. Mostly it`s a lifestyle thing and something I enjoy at the end of a long, hard day but for at least 30 minutes after `you know what`, I fairly strongly dislike the idea of wearing them, which is why I believe that no matter how much it`s become a relaxation/lifestyle thing, the root is clearly sexual.

It's kinda funny, I was just trying to explain this to my boyfriend yesterday... (unsuccessfully, I might add) about how I wouldn't consider my preference to diapers a fetish really. They can be sexual for me, but 90% of the time I wear simply because they are comfortable and convenient. They are great stress relievers too. I definitely consider diapers more or a lifestyle as opposed to a fetish. Even if they do start out as sexual for some people, they can quickly become a part of you. I do have to admit, it really is hard explaining this stuff to an outsider. Kudos to you for giving it a go. :thumbsup:

It's kinda funny, I was just trying to explain this to my boyfriend yesterday...

haha too funny! maybe if we join forces, we'd be able to convince our significant others! :P

Yeah I agree, its just comfortable and convenient, and difficult for people to understand urinating in a diaper after the age of like, 2, when it turns "gross" and "unacceptable". Isn't urine sterile in healthy people? It's "waste", but so is sweating. It's the body's filtering process. Spitting or blowing your nose is MUCH more disgusting, but I guess people just can't get over letting go of a little warm water from their bladders.

It's kinda funny, I was just trying to explain this to my boyfriend yesterday... (unsuccessfully, I might add) about how I wouldn't consider my preference to diapers a fetish really. They can be sexual for me, but 90% of the time I wear simply because they are comfortable and convenient. They are great stress relievers too. I definitely consider diapers more or a lifestyle as opposed to a fetish. Even if they do start out as sexual for some people, they can quickly become a part of you. I do have to admit, it really is hard explaining this stuff to an outsider. Kudos to you for giving it a go. :thumbsup:

I am in the same boat as you. There is a sexual side for me but thats the portion of me that is a DL. When I am in AB mode there is nothing sexual for me about that experience. More often than not I just enjoy wearing, the comfort, convenience, and just the fact that I am wearing a diaper is pretty cool. I suppose its a collage feelings and desires that can be difficult to pin point at any one moment.

~Brian

both for me. There's definately a sexual component, but it's also just that I love diapers. On days like today where I'm working from home, I'll wear a diaper all day and it's not sexual.

To me, it just feels good to wear a diaper. I feel right when I'm in a diaper. Comfort security etc. I'd really like to go 24/7 permanently, but it's not really practical for me right now. I live with my brother and it's too hard to hide, plus I don't want to lie to my family and say i'm incontinent. I don't think it's fair to put them through that kind of worrying and concern over a lie. At some point though, I think I will end up in diapers on a permanent basis. I just enjoy wearing them too much. When/if I go 24/7 permanently, I may try to achieve some loss of bladder control but not to the extent that I'm truly diaper dependent and while i like to mess my diapers, i have absolutely no interest in losing bowel control.

There's also the convenience factor. Stuck in traffic and have to go? No prob I'm if I'm wearing my toilet. Long bathroom lines? HA not for me I'll go in my pants thank you very much....

Also, I wet the bed due to wearing diapers to bed every night for over 2 years, so I actually have a need for them at night now. If I don't wear to bed, there's probably a 75% chance I'll wake up in a wet bed. If I go a few weeks without diapers I become 99% dry at night. I keep it on the cusp of truly losing night time control.

Both. Mostly it`s a lifestyle thing and something I enjoy at the end of a long, hard day but for at least 30 minutes after `you know what`, I fairly strongly dislike the idea of wearing them, which is why I believe that no matter how much it`s become a relaxation/lifestyle thing, the root is clearly sexual.

I agree with you there. I've noticed though that the longer i've been into this, the faster I get over the dislike of diapers after "you know what"....Sometimes I just put one on right after and within 5 minutes of fixing the last tape, I'm glad i'm back in a diaper. This set of desires (fetish, kink, lifestyle whatever you want to call it) is so damn weird, isn't it? Not weird in a bad way but just interesting i guess.

Well, this was more from the perspective of individuals who desire to wear diapers and don't need them rather than need them and choose to wear them instead of a cath.

Well, I am incontinent both bladder and bowel, and I could wear a bag and a cath, BUT would never subject my body to that type of torture - and it is torture. UTIs are one of the problems - as is that a bag is almost worse than a diaper for containment and eliminating privacy. Medicaly, I could be 'repaired', but chose not to. Althought I am incontinent, I chose to wear diapers - and as such, I think that I am a AB, l and not a DL. I wear for the perception link and the associated regression therapy etc.

I guess I'm a mix of AB and DL. When I'm in AB mode, the diapers are a lot more sexual. I've come to enjoy just wearing and wetting during the day, however, and this is much more just a pleasant way to dress...I'm not sure how to describe it (although most of us understand it, right?)

My simple take on this is why does the answer have to be binary (True or false / yes or no)?

Do diapers turn me on? Yes, at times... not all the time of course. Sometimes a diaper is just a diaper. At other times, a diaper is a comfy "friend" who makes me feel happy and secure.

I see this question come up all the time and people get on one side of the other. I don't see why? I think we are far too obsessed with labels at times.

InD

I don't see diapers as sexual to me. I just wear them because I want to. I've NEVER EVER masturbated or whatever else it's called while diapered up. Hell, I don't even get erections no more when I'm diapered. I just want to wear them, and I want to start wearing them 24/7, but still being at home sucks :(