LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Think They Know?

Guest diaperguy68

Guest diaperguy68

last time i went to the medical supply store i bought 4 packs of diapers (around 20 something per pack). i'm in my 20s and dont look like i have a need for diapers. when i first walked in a young girl came to me and asked me if i needed help with anything. i brought a "list" with me to make it look like i was there buying for somebody else.

i asked her where the diaper brands i wanted were, and she showed me. she gave me this really cute look (like a mom would give a child, almost as if she knew, but maybe its all in my head).

people that work at those stores must know about our little sub culture

Guest YkDave

chances are very slim that she was thinking AB/DL, but ya never know... heck she coulda just thought you had a medical condition and though you would look good in diapers!

I think the chances always lean more towards the medical condition/ederly family member side of things. Either embarassed to buy for your own needs or be seen buying for someone elses. I seriously doubt any of them are thinking of fetishes unless they themselves have knowledge of it. Also, i'd say incontinence would be a hard condition to gauge from looks, much less age. Given the sort of injuries that can cause it the spectrum is pretty wide, though it is weighted towards the older end. Anyway, just my thoughts.

If the cute look was followed by the eyes dropping to your waist, she was just sizing you up.

If the cute look was preceded by the waist scan, she was imagining you in diapers and, being a DL herself, is now done searching for you on DD because you posted this topic. Maybe you'll get lucky.

After having a little longer of a chat with the one of my local med stores' employees, I'm positive that most people who work at a medical supply store and deal with customers, are aware of those who buy diapers for 'recreational' use. In fact, when I first met with him, he wanted to confirm that I wanted the diaper-type briefs and not the pullups. He even used a really funny around-the-waist motion, "you want the ones like this?"

I call him about every couple of weeks for a new case of Tena Supers, and, in an attempt to negotiate a better price point, I more or less gave myself away. . . . " . . At this point, the diapers are a regular part of my life. . " I had originally told him they were for bedwetting, but, I remember him not exactly believing me. But I did tell him I hafta wear them everyday now, so in exchange for a few bucks' discount, I was pretty much promising a regular buying schedule. (Walgreens has 'em for four bucks cheaper, but I hafta wait for shipping. He scores a case in a day or less if I call at the right time.)

Don't forget, some people have medical fetishes in general, and love all kinds of other devices. The bottom line is that while we're a blip on their radar, we're not the biggest, or the most concerning. At the end of the day, it's not their responsibility to judge you, or anyone else that comes through their doors; they're supposed to help you find the right product for your needs, take your money, and move to the next task.

So, yeah, I'm pretty sure this guy knows I don't necessarily have a true medical need for diapers, but, I guess I can't care at this point. I now live in a pretty small southern town, and a lot of people know alot of people and those people's business and personal lives. So far, I have yet to see him at Walmart, or out and about. I'm sure if I do it'll be nothing more than a smile and a wave, no big deal. It's never as awkward as you think it's gonna be. . .

Out of pure professionalism, and courtesy, the sales assistant in question can not nor will not raise any questions relating to your diaper use or need. If you wish to know her intentions, why don't you ask her - in a non professional plae - ie ask her for coffee or a drink and talk to her there.

Only problem I have ever had at the local disability shop (mainly selling mobility scooters) is the bloody price they charge for sub standard adult nappies.

Guest lucys junibug

i cant help feel that your lucky, i wouldn't care if they had suspicious at least you can get your hands on them! here (uk) they don't sell them on the shelf they are kept behind the counter at SOME pharmacy's .....

so i'll tell you my little story....about three years ago i went to the pharmacy near us as i knew that they sold nappies, Lucy needed them and it was quite urgent! so i went in and asked for what i needed, after discussing the hole thing in front of everyone in the packed shop, SHE decided that nappies were not what was needed (a bit cheeky i think as i went in knowing what i needed and she didn't need to decide for me!) what i needed, apparently, was pads....i don't know why as i was buying for poo's as well as wee's! no matter what i said she seemed to push these on me, i ended up buying them as she rang them up on the till and everyone was staring at me.....looking back i do wish i just told her that i needed nappies and would go elsewhere if she didn't sell them to me!

since then we have bought all our nappies on line,

i can't see why she'd recommend pads as they clearly do not do the job, but maybe she sensed that there was a part of us that like nappies and i think she saw them as an extreme last resort, i even remember her saying 'we usually only sell those to the elderly' there are lots of people who have to wear for medical reasons of all ages!!!

the worst thing i think for me is it wasn't in a small town in the countryside....it was London, i would have thought shed be more open minded!!

neway sorry for my rant but it still frustrate me to this day!!!

just wanna say really, who cares if they know as long as you get what you want and are happy don't worry about others! and i think that if they knew how cute we all looked in one they bound to eye us up :D

big hugs xxx

they're supposed to help you find the right product for your needs, take your money, and move to the next task.

Bottom line is that they`re a business. They exist solely to sell a product to the consumer and turn a profit in the process. All the diaper companies and surely most pharmacies that sell `real` diapers know that some of their customers do not have a medical need for their products but they don`t care about that, it is simple a matter of sale = profit, simple as that.

The concept of `ABDL Aware` online stores used to make me chuckle - I`ve never heard of any store, online or otherwise refusing to sell diapers to anybody for any reason (other than Lucy`s post above but the assistant was still trying to make a sale in the end)...

HDIS used to have a message on their site about selling incontinence products to those who truly needed them. I can't remember the exact wording, but it was pretty obvious they were AB/DL Aware and not interested in selling to those who wanted rather than needed. That was probably 10 years ago. I remember because that was around the time I really got back into diapers.

last time i went to the medical supply store i bought 4 packs of diapers (around 20 something per pack). i'm in my 20s and dont look like i have a need for diapers. when i first walked in a young girl came to me and asked me if i needed help with anything. i brought a "list" with me to make it look like i was there buying for somebody else.

i asked her where the diaper brands i wanted were, and she showed me. she gave me this really cute look (like a mom would give a child, almost as if she knew, but maybe its all in my head).

people that work at those stores must know about our little sub culture

If it were me, and she was cute, and I wasn't married, I would go back in there and talk to her a little more, maybe buy some more. I suppose it's not that crazy that a diaper girl would work in a store that sold diapers, maybe she's incontinent. Or maybe she just figured you were looking after someone and thought that was cute. Either way, my curiosity would probably force me back in there to find out.

Guest lucys junibug

i think that the thing is that its not as expected here...whenever there's things on the t.v about ab life there seems to b a big uproar...and people trying to stop it airing, when the jerry springer the opera was aired there was this big uproar and it was almost as if this was the first that it had ever been mentioned. thank fully things are changing and i like to think people are more excepting....

and as i said before we look so cute in them we're bound to be eyed up!!!

(i'm lucy's mummy,juniper,and lil baby bug, just thought id clear that up as it can b a lil confusing!)