LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

New Server Coming

It's that time again! Our hard-drive is nearly full and our current server is maxed out as far as resources go. So in the next few days we will be moving to a shiny new server - one so ridiculously teched-out that we shouldn't have to move again for years to come.

Our friends at way3.com have continued to support us with an amazing deal on a blazing fast server:

Dell PowerEdge 860

Quad-Core XEON 3220 2.4Ghz

4G DDR2 RAM

2x500GB 7200rpm SATA Drives (RAID 1)

Dual Gigabit Ports

... and they have assured us they will personally secure and move all our data and keep downtime to a minimum. This server will keep us stable for a long time and allow our community to continue to grow. It will also allow me to add new services for your enjoyment, and allow me to go back to offering hosting space for our diapered friends.

This is great news, DailyDi! I don't have much complaint with the performance of the board, but occasionally it does bog down.

I'm a little surprised that a server at this level would still use SATA. I'm sure I/O performance is far more important than CPU performance for an application such as this. Wouldn't SAS be a better choice?

... and they have assured us they will personally secure and move all our data and keep downtime to a minimum.

I'm curious, do the way3.com folks ever comment on our content, domain name, etc? I would imagine they are very professional and don't question customers' content, but still, when you send an email to them that say, "DailyDiapers needs a new server", I wonder what they're thinking. :)

Thanks again for all you do for us, DailyDi! :thumbsup:

I'm curious, do the way3.com folks ever comment on our content, domain name, etc? I would imagine they are very professional and don't question customers' content, but still, when you send an email to them that say, "DailyDiapers needs a new server", I wonder what they're thinking. :)

Nah, some webhosts have a 'no adult content' policy and then you're into world of semantics :rolleyes: but broadly, they don't give a damn providing it's legal in the jurisdiction where their servers live. Certainly in the policies, support and forums of the webhost I use (not Way3 and not adult content :lol: ) nobody cares what you're hosting. Technical support is about technical stuff and that's that. It's a cut throat industry where your customers and your attitude towards supporting them are pretty much your only strengths over competitors so making them feel uncomfortable approaching you with a technical problem is a sure fire way to failure...

I'm sure they privately get a giggle out of some of the weirder stuff out there though and frankly, I'm sure liking diapers doesn't come even half way up the Weirdness League Table :lol:

Good news on the server upgrade DD, hope it doesn't hurt the pocket too much. Perhaps you should publish an affilliate link for your webhost too, I sure some of us would be interested in a good host who help run our favourite commmunity site :) especially given how many techy types are on this forum :lol:

will the whole site be down at once? or like just sections?

i know nothing about this sort of thing, and am just wondering how long i should expect to have to suffer DD withdrawls.... long enough to develop DT's?

The whole site will be down at once. The server switch is nearly instant, but the domain will have to be pointed to the new server. My domain manger updates every 5 minutes, but your internet provider may not. Some will see no down-time. Some will see 8-12 hours. We expect this to take place Monday.

My guyat Way3 is quite aware of, and fine with our community. I chose him from many providers on an adult webmasters board - so we are probabbly one of the more soft-core sites he hosts, lol. Plus, most don't care when it is a dedicated server as there aren't other customers on the same box, just us.

My affiliate link is: http://www.way3.com/?ref_id=82

They have shared hosting for as little as $13 a month; which is a great price for the service and server you get... and as I have talked abut here. Way3 is a host you can grow with. Those $6.95 a month hosts oversell servers and kick you if you start getting popular. Way3 will do what it takes to serve you.

As for my wallet: It's a step up, but about $100 a month less than it would be anywhere else. They really worked us out a great deal since we've stayed with them and are low-maintenance (no spamming or abuse, just a little needy and tech support.)

This is great news, DailyDi! I don't have much complaint with the performance of the board, but occasionally it does bog down.

I'm a little surprised that a server at this level would still use SATA. I'm sure I/O performance is far more important than CPU performance for an application such as this. Wouldn't SAS be a better choice?

Thanks again for all you do for us, DailyDi! :thumbsup:

SAS would be an upgrade, but we had to skimp somewhere to keep the price affordable. We've gone from a dual 1.6 processor to Quad 2.4 and doubled our ram so we should be okay :)

My guy there spent weeks getting DiaperMates to work right, hours day and night starring at your diapered butts.... nothing surprises him anymore :)

Dell PowerEdge 860

Quad-Core XEON 3220 2.4Ghz

4G DDR2 RAM

Dual Gigabit Ports

Well that sure looks fancy... I bet if I knew more about computers, I'd be even more impressed. ^_^

The whole site will be down at once. The server switch is nearly instant, but the domain will have to be pointed to the new server. My domain manger updates every 5 minutes, but your internet provider may not. Some will see no down-time. Some will see 8-12 hours. We expect this to take place Monday.

My guyat Way3 is quite aware of, and fine with our community. I chose him from many providers on an adult webmasters board - so we are probabbly one of the more soft-core sites he hosts, lol. Plus, most don't care when it is a dedicated server as there aren't other customers on the same box, just us.

My affiliate link is: http://www.way3.com/?ref_id=82

They have shared hosting for as little as $13 a month; which is a great price for the service and server you get... and as I have talked abut here. Way3 is a host you can grow with. Those $6.95 a month hosts oversell servers and kick you if you start getting popular. Way3 will do what it takes to serve you.

As for my wallet: It's a step up, but about $100 a month less than it would be anywhere else. They really worked us out a great deal since we've stayed with them and are low-maintenance (no spamming or abuse, just a little needy and tech support.)

DailyDi,

for what you put in, and for what is in this site, it is surprising that more have not donated. - I will probably pick up a lot of flack for that statement, but I think that it is worth standing up for ones beliefs.

Nice server. I've seen better. Then again i have seen much worse. I wouldn't reccomend getting a XEON but it does its job. :)

Our current is a 1.6 celeron with 2 gigs ram.... I'm okay with moving to a XEON :)