LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diversity Weekend At Eureka Springs

Reference: http://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.php?showtopic=1677

We went and it was awesome! Having never been "out of the closet" before, you can well imagine my being a bit nervous but that all but disappered after fiftenn minutes or so. Of over the hundred people there (at The Lumberyard) I only saw one frown in my direction and heard one snide comment. I’m not even sure that those were intentional or real. You know how “we” are, being on the defensive I might have only imagined what wasn’t there.

We got there a bit early, as was recommended in regards to the parking situation, so the place wasn’t open yet. We had to wait outside with others who had arrived and it was really most amusing since this place is right on the main highway that passes through. Got a lot of waves and people taking pictures (surprised we didn’t cause an accident) and those who were waiting with us were very complimentary. Not one rude comment from anybody. It was great!

The main thing however was the level of acceptance without any judgment. If there was, they kept it to themselves. I must be honest and point out that we did not traverse the town per se, but only went to The Lumberyard for the Drag Queen show. Runs from 3 to 7 but we were there at qbout 1:30. A very large portion of the people there are gay and does not represent the proportional percentage of the town populace. The wife and I are straight, as far as I know (could be bi with the right people/person I suppose), but this made no difference to us as we do not judge people by their sexual preferences but only in how they treat others. All I can say is that we had a fantastic time and we will definitely be going again.

Ever time I visit Eureka Springs again, I will now be in my preferred attire of a dress. May not be the Miss Ruffles type but a dress nonetheless.

I can’t begin to tell you all about this unusual town other than to browse some of the postings on either of these two forums.

Eurekapride Forum

Eureka Springs General Forum

They will help you get a general overview of how the general populace feels, especially the second one, and you can judge for yourself from there as to whether you would ever wish to go there in diapers or not.

Here is a quote from another visitor that I couldn’t say better about this town:

I just wanted to let everyone in Eureka Springs know that your town is absolutely wonderful. I have some seen some very disturbing topics and posts recently and I have to say that it is all hogwash. I am from Kansas and I have traveled all over the United States. I have lived in both a very small town and a big city. I can't think of another place I would rather be than in Eureka Springs. What is so great about your city is many citizens are open to all people, friendly to all people, and you love and preserve your beautiful town. I have visited ES several times and have never had a bad experience there. My parents and many of my family members have visited there many times as well and they all adore ES. My family members all have different opinions about life, but the opinion of ES is still the same. No matter what anyone says, this place holds a special feeling there and the reason it does is because there are so many fabulous, sweet, nice, loving, and open-hearted people there. The diverse atmosphere is what makes it even more special because there is something for everyone.....Christian, spiritual, gay, straight, black, white, etc.....this place is for everyone to be happy and have a great time!

Continue doing what your doing Eureka Springs citizens!

If you ever get the chance, you just have to visit Eureka Springs, in diapers or not.

Heather

Aka: Ruffles

SO happy to hear that you had a fab time! Did your wife enjoy it as much as you did?

Were you aware of any other adults wearing diapers? I don't want it to sound like I'm getting too personal but how about diaper-changing facilities at The Lumberyard?

(Great piccy but prepare for an angry-face from Pipsqueak if she sees you smoking :angry: I've been on the receiving end and it's scarey ;) )

Dolly

(Wonders if Pipsqueak has a built-in smoke alarm :unsure: )

I'm curious to know how commercialized Eureka Springs is, as the websites/forums make quite a number of references to the shops there?

Did you find the food, drinks etc reasonably priced? I gather you live fairly close, so didn't stay overnight, but did you check out the prices for accommodation?

Dolly :)

Thanks Miss Ruffles, it doesn't sound like a tourist rip-off town from your description. As you say, some of the best things in life are free and from the pictures I've seen on their website, I can only imagine how beautiful those trees look in their autumn colours.

I meant to ask you about street-theatre, buskers etc and now you've answered that question B)

I haven't looked on their forums today but I would be interested to see some of the comments about how the weekend went in general. Apparently it's attracting more people every time and it sounds like it was a lot of fun.

By the way, I wanted to add that my compliments on this town comes from somebody who abhors going to tourist-crowded locales, but this place is worth it. Some times the wife and I will go there in the off-season (Post Christmas through February). The place is all but abandoned of tourists but many of the shops are still open and we enjoy talking to the locals.

Now another place which is only thirty miles from me is the famous (or infamous depending on your opinion) Country-Western tourist trap of Branson, Missouri. I have lived here for better than fifteen years now and I generally avoid the place as much as possible. The traffic is absolutely horrendous during tourist season and a lot of other things are over-priced in my opinion. If you're not a country-western music fan, I wouldn't go there.

I will give it credit as a place where you can find some pretty good dining at reasonable prices.

I loathe tourist traps. I'm one of those people who would rather see the glaciers of Alaska or the headwaters of the Amazon than the tourist choked streets of Honolulu or Paris.

Then, that's just me, to each their own.

Cheers!

Ruffles

P.S. If you can ever make it over here Dolly, you'll have to come and be our guest. We'd love to meet you as you've always presented yourself as a very nice person. The wife and I like the company of nice people. On the other hand, there's a bumper sticker which I like on my truck (and I'm not one for putting these things all over my car) that says: "Mean People Suck"

***hugs***

Ruffles

:blush: You say the sweetest things. I'll second your bumper sticker but I'm human and 'a work in progress' just like everyone else but I reckon that the day I die is the day I stop learning. Thanks for the generous and kind offer btw. I've only been to the US once but hope to go back some day.

Hmmm, I can't pretend I don't enjoy visiting cities and absorbing the vibes but I also enjoy the beautiful and natural sights as well. I guess I just love travelling, wherever.

How's your M-in-L, I bet she enjoyed having the house to herself over the w-end :D Have you started your dressmaking lessons yet?

• 1 month later...

Actually, she prefers us being home. Again, she's a real sweetheart and I can't imagine living anywhere without her being with us.

Haven't started the 'lessons' yet. I need to soon though because I want to make this for my next outing.

000_0065.JPG

Here's another pic from Diversity Weekend

DSCN3067.sized.jpg

***hugs***

Ruffles

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i am from not far away from eureka bi male dlab 25 abrown_71@yahoo.com