LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Public Sightings

I know this topic has been done to death in the past on various forums, but I haven't seen the topic here yet.

So, have you seen any diaper/nappy sightings recently? Obviously, not including real babies.

I've had a few:

1. About a month ago I noticed the woman walking in front of me had, how shall I say, a large behind! It seemed abnormally large for her build and I got to thinking about whether she was wearing a nappy or a pad. Well, she happened to be going up the same set of stairs as me and it became clear that she was wearing a nappy, as it rode up while she climbed the stairs.

2. Noticed a guy in the pharmacy in front of me carrying a large pack of Tena Slips.

3. Walked in on a mother changing a little girl in a disabled toilet. Stupidly, she'd forgot to lock the door. Not that I had a good look, but the girl appeared to be anywhere between eight and twelve.

I agree with Autie, disabled folks with diapers aren't that interesting. Bbut seeing the occasional hint of public ageplay can be fun. I never pay much attention when I see older people buying adult diapers, for instance, but then there was the time I saw a young couple buying a package of them, with her smirking and whispering in his ear, and him blushing beet red...

Yesterday I was out at the miniature golf course with my kid, and playing the course right ahead of us was a cute woman, in her 40s I'd guess, wearing a t-shirt that said "BRAT". Aside from the shirt and her obvious enjoyment of mini-golf I didn't see anything overtly ageplayish about her, but it amused me to wonder. :)

We have a girl where I work, mid twenties. I have always been slightly suspicious. I don't have any hard evidence but she always refers to the rest room as the potty. When she takes her break she frequently says she needs the potty. Ok not a biggie, but then the other day a customer asked if they could store their stroller in our back area while they went out on the beach, we did and they left. The girl from before announced she wanted to sit in it another girl a few year older said their is no way you are going to sit in a baby stroller. I kind of chirped in I would pay to see, as it would be funny. I didn't tip my hand too much. I got called and had to leave the back area and as I was leaving the room, I heard her say I could sit in it have a bottle and a little container of Cheerios and.....

the door closed, I am guessing the "D" word might have come up but I never heard the end of the conversation. Later in the day she said something else (not ABish) humorous. I said I would pay to see that too and then said, wow you can make a good living just doing funny stuff that I offer to pay to see. I asked if she ended up giving the stroll a ride, she laughed said no, her big butt would probably break it, but it would have been fun.

:whistling: without incriminating myself, I'm keeping an eye on this one :thumbsup:

Personally I don't think the "Public sightings" is a very appropriate topic. Reports of disabled/handicapped/incontinent people and kids in diapers isn't something you should use to get your jollies.

Leave this trash at [That site].

I see no point in a "sightings" thread :mellow: Ut's extremely bad manners to make note of people who wear diapers out of need and don't want publicity :o If it's an AB/DL you sighted then why tell us you saw them when you should have gone and introduced yourself instead :roflmao: Really, sometimes I have to wonder why some people are so fixated on an object that they fail to see the person behind it......

Bettypooh

I have to agree with AntieAB, Enfant, Darkfinn and Bettypooh, it is not nice to make fun of, or get ones thrills seeing another person in a compromising position. It is far more decent to introduce yourself and make a freind rather. The person, being incontinent and diaper dependant, may be feeling already depressed thinking that they are the only person that needs to wear diapers / protection - and your introduction etc would change both of your lives.

I firmly belive that it is better to help others at your detriment than to ignore/humilate them.

I've never actually seen anyone else in diapers (notiably, anyhow), unless you count senior citizens or halloween costumes (then being a towel over shorts). I've long since given up on actively looking.

I've run the Bay to Breakers three or four times. For those not in the know, it's an annual 10K footrace from one side of San Francisco to the other. It's a huge party; typically about a hundred thousand people show up, wearing all kinds of costumes... or sometimes wearing nothing at all.

Every time I've run it, I've seen at least a few people wearing baby outfits--sometimes just diapers, sometimes more elaborate costumes including onesies, sleepers, etc. Sometimes it's obviously just a costume worn as a joke, but a few times I've seen someone in an outfit that had a certain indefinable look about it, a level of attention to detail, that made me pretty sure he or she was a member of our tribe.

Last year I wore my AB Pride pin when I ran the race, in hopes it might make it a little easier to strike up a conversation with such a person... but it turned out all I saw was obvious joke-costumes that year. This year I missed the race due to a scheduling conflict. But I'll try again next time around, though.

I have to agree with AntieAB, Enfant, Darkfinn and Bettypooh, it is not nice to make fun of, or get ones thrills seeing another person in a compromising position. It is far more decent to introduce yourself and make a freind rather. The person, being incontinent and diaper dependant, may be feeling already depressed thinking that they are the only person that needs to wear diapers / protection - and your introduction etc would change both of your lives.

I firmly belive that it is better to help others at your detriment than to ignore/humilate them.

First off, if you think I'm making fun of anyone then you're misunderstood. I don't spend my time looking for people in diapers/nappies either and I don't get a thrill as such. I find it interesting because people don't realise how common a problem it is - there really is no need for it to be such a taboo. Secondly, I completely disagree with your opinion that it is better to make an introduction to an incontinent person about their problem rather than ignore the problem. People want to be treated like everyone else generally.

I didn't realise this topic was such a sore point. I just posted it to point out how common diapers/nappies are.

I didn't realise this topic was such a sore point.

It isn't, people are just making a big deal out of nothing.

I have a friend that works at Dunkin Donuts and so I get free coffee which is awsome in itself. I enjoy sitting outside of the store and people watch; in all my time of people watching, there has been only 1 time it has looked like any person was wearing a diaper.

Some people are just more observant than others. Hell, they make hit television shows about people that are Hyper-Observant(Monk, Psych, Etc). I wouldn't classify myself as hyper-observant, but I have always been more observant than anyone I know. I my 35 years, I've seen probably a couple dozen incidence of people that were clearly diapered and a few dozen more that were iffy.

Of the couple dozen definites, at least half were clearly disabled. Of the other half, at least three were definitely ab/dl. That's a loose definite, as in the giveaway was that they were wearing printed plastic pants or Sesame Street overalls. One of them I had seen around town many times(mostly at Walmart) and then met him online a few months later. We met in person one time, but he was not exactly playing with a full deck and that's where it stopped.

That being said, I think AB/DLs are far more prevalent than many people think. I do know from speaking with multiple female AB/DLs that the reason this community is mostly male is that men tend to be far more focused on their fetishes. Most women seem to be able to live a very normal life with a fetish that they can take or leave without issue. You take away a male AB's diapers for a year and he will go through withdrawals. Do so to a female AB and she will take it in stride. This is a very general statement, but from my experience I think fairly accurate.

It isn't, people are just making a big deal out of nothing.

I feel I should clarify what I felt more than I did in the sentence above. I have no problem with people being observant and noticing diapered behinds as you walk around. It's one of those things that we're more likely to recognise simply because we know what a diapered behind looks like :P Likewise, I see no problem with listing the people we've seen around who are clearly 'one of us'.

The problem I had was cataloguing sightings of disabled or incontinent people on an internet forum. It just hit a distasteful note to me, that's all. No big deal.

That being said, I think AB/DLs are far more prevalent than many people think.

That's certainly true. It's without doubt that only a small subset of any given interest group will be interested enough to get off their butt to find others like them on the internet. An even smaller proportion will participate (which is why there are always 'lurkers'). This is especially true of sex-related or highly personal subjects. Upshot is that the only measure of the ABDL population we have is the level of internet participation but that's hardly a true figure and is probably much smaller than the true 'population'.

I agree with Autie, disabled folks with diapers aren't that interesting. Bbut seeing the occasional hint of public ageplay can be fun. I never pay much attention when I see older people buying adult diapers, for instance, but then there was the time I saw a young couple buying a package of them, with her smirking and whispering in his ear, and him blushing beet red...

Yesterday I was out at the miniature golf course with my kid, and playing the course right ahead of us was a cute woman, in her 40s I'd guess, wearing a t-shirt that said "BRAT". Aside from the shirt and her obvious enjoyment of mini-golf I didn't see anything overtly ageplayish about her, but it amused me to wonder. :)

May not be age-play...maybe she's just a brat! :D

This does seem like a strange thread...a big sign saying "I'm an AB/DL" would work...the idea of the pin is cool for those who want to identify themselves.

For the most part, it seems to me that if you see someone in a diaper in a normal setting, the assumption is and should be that it is 'needed' and therefore to call attention to it is not the most diplomatic thing to do... "Oh my, I see you are missing an arm. Are you one of those people who purposely had their arm removed because you like the idea?" hmmm...(to borrow from another thread somewhere here...)

I feel I should clarify what I felt more than I did in the sentence above. I have no problem with people being observant and noticing diapered behinds as you walk around. It's one of those things that we're more likely to recognise simply because we know what a diapered behind looks like :P Likewise, I see no problem with listing the people we've seen around who are clearly 'one of us'.

The problem I had was cataloguing sightings of disabled or incontinent people on an internet forum. It just hit a distasteful note to me, that's all. No big deal.

I am in 100% full agreement with your statement here.