LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Not The Only One In Diapers Here..

WDCA

The other morning I was making my lunch before work and I noticed there was a Goodnite in the trash. I was surprised.. I picked it up and it was wet. Then it occurred to me who was at my house that night. One of my housemates is dating a girl with a 8-9 year old. The daughter had slept over that night and apparently she wets the bed. Since then I've noticed Goodnites sitting in my buddy's room and every night she sleeps over there's another Goodnite in the trash. Yesterday I saw a big CostCo sized box of Huggies size 6 in his room. I wonder how well she's going to take the transition from a pull-up to a diaper. I feel bad for her, but it makes me giggle when I realize I'm not the only one with diapers in the house.

The other morning I was making my lunch before work and I noticed there was a Goodnite in the trash. I was surprised.. I picked it up and it was wet. Then it occurred to me who was at my house that night. One of my housemates is dating a girl with a 8-9 year old. The daughter had slept over that night and apparently she wets the bed. Since then I've noticed Goodnites sitting in my buddy's room and every night she sleeps over there's another Goodnite in the trash. Yesterday I saw a big CostCo sized box of Huggies size 6 in his room. I wonder how well she's going to take the transition from a pull-up to a diaper. I feel bad for her, but it makes me giggle when I realize I'm not the only one with diapers in the house.

My little brother is 9, but a bit on the husky side. He wears adult pullups every night. I think what he has now is the Walgreens brand. He's such a deep sleeper, he just doesn't wake up. Personally, I think a better quality diaper would work better so that there aren't stains and smells in his bed and the couch (when he sleeps on the couch). I know he's ashamed that he didn't get up to pee in the bathroom, because if he does wet the bed, he lies and says he didn't.

In most cases, kids outgrow bedwetting as their muscles strengthen, but in cases like my little brother, I think my mom should prepare for the long haul, because it's not a matter of his bladder muscles needed to strengthen as he has no accidents during the day, he's just in such a deep sleep at night that he is unaware he even wets. The only solution that might work is cutting off any liquids maybe 2 hours before bed time, and have him go before bed, whether he has to or not.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Guest YkDave

I can se why... Maybe GNs have changed since the last time i have used them, but they really werent very absorbant at all and were guaranteed to leak with the slightest wetting...

first off, good nights will never be that absorbant when an adult wears them because we put out way more urine than a child.

secondly when you shop at costco they reuse boxes to put your food and stuff in.. we've left with diaper boxes filled with food in them before...

i've heard the limiting fluid intake 2-3 hours before bed, and making sure they use the restroom before bed works, also i know some parents who will wake their child up before the parents go to bed, after the child does, for one more potty break.

I can totally see switching her from goodnites to a full diaper if her wetting is bad enough. Goodnites aren't really that great, even for kids, when it comes to a full void. Baby diapers these days are cut large and are super stretchy... so I imagine a size 6 or 7 would fit her nicely, and they absorb so much better than GNs.

Bedwetting is a tough thing for kids to have to go through... and I've read a lot of articles with suggestions about alarms and waking the child every few hours and etc... but honestly, what is a good night's sleep worth? Kids need their rest in order to function well at school... so just get them some proper protection and deal with it. They'll either outgrow it or they won't.

Long ago some so-called experts did endorse limiting fluids and waking kids up. No mainstream qualified expert in pediatrics or toilet training has made those recommendations over the past 20 years. Still, virtually everyone agrees it is important to teach youngsters to use the toilet just before going to bed. Hopefully that will become a lifetime habit.

The problem with limiting fluids is that not only does it teach nothing about controlling the bladder, it is actively dangerous to over-all good health. Kidneys cannot function correctly without body hydration. A healthy body will reduce urine output during times of darkness, so that should take care of fluids consumed in the evening. The fact an individual's body is not reducing urine when it is dark outside needs to be discussed with physicians. The downside to limiting fluids is damage to the kidneys, while the only upside might be a slight reduction in laundry.

What is the point of removing the waterproof mattress covering? When that is left in place from infancy it does not interfere with sleep. If there is a set-back of wetting, no big deal.

Many health problems result from a lack of sleep. Waking a sleeping person for a toilet visit has many downsides and the best expected upside might be a dry bed. There is no proof waking someone helps that individual wake up as a result of a full bladder.

Returning older kids or teens to diapers is controversial. Although pull-ups such as GoodNites and UnderJams leak as do most adult pull-ups in bed, when combined with modern waterproof sheets they have a valid place helping provide "social continence" to someone with delayed toilet learning. The advantage to pull-ups is should the person wake up using a toilet is as convenient as if wearing conventional undies.

Because the manufacture of pull-ups is less efficient that making conventional disposables, there was a large R&D effort to perfect disposables for older kids and teens with re-positionable tabs designed to be used by those young people without help. The idea is that if the tabs can be released the diaper would function as would a pull-up. Of course the diaper manufacturers are keeping the results secret. The fact such diapers are not on the market suggests either the production problems of making pull-ups have been solved or single-tab per side larger baby disposables were not so easy for the kids to use without help.

What is not a secret is that a large segment of the toilet learning community did not endorse the concept of replacing pull-ups with less expensive disposable diapers.

It is also no secret that I do endorse the use of diapers whenever the volume of wetting during a night approaches the limits of pull-ups. My experience is that when kids with delayed toilet learning are taught to take a maximum of responsibility for their own diapering it helps them in many ways. By the same token should an injury or medical condition cause incontinence after years of being dry with the appropriate training and support a return to diapers does not lead to psychological damage.

first off, good nights will never be that absorbant when an adult wears them because we put out way more urine than a child.

secondly when you shop at costco they reuse boxes to put your food and stuff in.. we've left with diaper boxes filled with food in them before...

i've heard the limiting fluid intake 2-3 hours before bed, and making sure they use the restroom before bed works, also i know some parents who will wake their child up before the parents go to bed, after the child does, for one more potty break.