LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Would You Go Public If . . .

Would You Go Public If . . .

There were a place where “different” folks were not only allowed, but encouraged to come?

The place I am referring to is Eureka Springs, Arkansas. It is an old town of over 100 years and not only does it have many quaint shops and some beautiful Victorian period architecture, but they also take pride in proclaiming their town open and welcoming to all lifestyles. This is pretty much the status quo year round. I have been there many times over the last decade and can pretty much vouch for this.

The reason I am starting this thread is because every quarter, they have what they call “Diversity Weekend.” It is during these times that they REALLY throw the doors wide open and welcome EVERYBODY. They have drag-queen contests, and all sorts of events. You can check them out at http://www.eurekapride.com/

I have never been there during one of these diversity weekends but am sorely tempted. I’ve just never had the nerve before. You can see my current inquiry to them at: http://www.eurekapride.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=530

What would YOU do if you had the opportunity to “Let it all hang out?”

***hugs***

Ruffles

It would definetly be interesting to see so many AB/DL's in one place. Not to mention seeing what everyone else was into as well. I tend to think that anyone with a fetish or desire tend to be interesting people to talk with.

I tend to think that anyone with a fetish or desire tend to be interesting people to talk with.

The wife and I have always thought the same thing. Of course you have your extremes with any crowd but I have personally found those who are "different" are more often than not, politer.

By the way, the wife has seen this thread and looked at the Diversity Weekend site and is all for it. Looks like we may be going (mixed emotions).

Cheers!

Ruffles

Definitely, but I live in England :crybaby:

The closest thing to that sort of gathering here was the early years of Glastonbury Festival (sadly, more mainstream and not so diverse nowadays.) 100,000+ people getting together for a fun long weekend. I don't know of anywhere else in UK (private gatherings and fancy dress parties excepted) where people are free to be themselves, dress as they please and openly revel in, and enjoy their benign differences and similarities.

You lucky people! But I'm not bitter :glare:

Dolly

I thought all you had to do over there was go hang around Brighton. :D

(I had a roommate from Brighton -- exchange student. I had to give him crap about it once I found out about Brighton's reputation.)

I shall remain enigmatic and drive you mad then Pipsqueak :P

I'm with drynot on the 'more interesting' people point. I enjoy the openness, passion, and non-judgemental nature of the majority of people at such gatherings.

Morv, Brighton is not all it's made out to be. Yes, it's got the reputation of being the gay capital of England but it's also host to annual Conferences for the main political parties here. There's nothing diverse about New Labour and the Tory Party, they amount to much the same thing nowadays.

An Amsterdam-style coffee shop opened and closed (busted by police) there, in the space of a few days. Brighton is still tacky-seaside, Fish 'n Chips and candyfloss. There's little diversity there but what there is feels pretty much contrived anyway.

Dolly

Figured as much! Though, considering your personality I'm leaning towards sacrificing toadstools to some woodland god while dressed only in oak leaves, or something equally as deviant. I can just tell these things, you know.

:roflmao::roflmao:

:P You Brits, I'm not going to lose any sleep tonight trying to figure out which Druid rite you'll be doing today.

I think that the idea of the tolerance day is wonderful, and Ruffles I'm glad you brought this up. If I were to attend such a gathering, I would dress in my newest cloth diapers with Baby blue plastic pants, and over that I'd wear one of my Baby blue onesies. I'll have to check out what it says on the net for myself, if I'm able to make it there I may run into you Ruffles.

Vic

Hmm, I'd most definitely not show up and if I did, I'd be assumed to be one of the gawkers that couldn't believe anyone would do such a thing. :D

I probably wouldn't even wear a diaper under my clothes out of fear! Paranoia is a horrible thing until they finally get you and its all justified!

Well isn't the whole point lost if you were among people that were like minded? I mean if you're dressing in a diaper around people who don't care how you dress, then it's kind of the same as posting on this board - safe. It's like preaching to the choir - you're not really gaining anything.

The risk comes when we expose our "secret" preferences to people who are not like- or open-minded. Unfortunately, most people criticize, judge, and condemn too easily.

Or am I missing something?

Guest VladYvhv

Sure I'd go... if the whole thing was off limits and out of sight to anybody who is not a ab, dl, or a real cute girl into domination. :blush:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's a big 10-4, Guest :biker_h4h:. Although... I'm not that picky about cute gals... Heck... I'd settle for Gorgons, as long as they was nice to me... :D

Well isn't the whole point lost if you were among people that were like minded?

:badmood: I was gonna say something about that post but you beat me to it, so I'll just add my 2 cents.

Jackson-

I feel that there is definetley a line between right and wrong that needs to be drawn somewhere.

Wearing under your clothes in public for a secret thrill? Fine, great, lots of fun. If their is fantasy about getting caught, ditto. But fantasies are fantasies for a reason. To walk around in just diapers purposley to get caught, is wrong.

Other people have no need to be exposed to your fetish, just because it gets you going! This is basicly the equivelant of exposing yourself to people or flashing them. It is something that you find sexual, that you are forcing on them! I am sorry but that is wrong and personally I am disgusted. If this is your gig, either learn to keep it at home or get some professional help.

:bash:

Exactly my point - and there's the rub!

It is human nature to want to be accepted... accepted by everyone. We act or behave a certain way in front of our family that we would never dream of doing out in public. Why? Because we want to be accepted.

I didn't say I wanted to force my fetishes on anyone else. I simply stated that wearing something, or saying something, or doing something in the presence of someone with whom you are comfortable is no different than doing it alone. The same goes for an environment in which everyone is displaying their diversity.

Would you go to a party dressed in a costume if it wasn't a costume party? No. Why? Because you'd be the only one.

Would you post something about loving to wear diapers on a forum other than one such as this? No. Why? Because you'd be an outcast hammered with negative posts.

I don't feel like I'm making my point very clear, but the bottom line is that going to a celebration of diversity and acting in a diverse manner isn't exactly making any points for your side. I simply don't see how that accomplishes anything. As a globe full of 6-billion individuals, we will never come to a unified agreement on virtually any topic you want to mention.

The question is, would the fetish be as appealing if it was a universally accepted behavior? Or, as my grandfather would say, "Are you working this hard to get your way, or do you just like to argue?" :mellow:

You'll love it there dahling. Eureka Springs is a fabulous place. Kind of like an "artist's community." Very liberal and open. Just do a search on Eureka Springs in Google and you'll see. The wife and I did our honeymoon there at the Crescent. I can understand though if you wish to wait until you're 21. There's scads of great shops though; from low price to high dollar bronze art sculpture. Something for everybody.

The wife and I will be going to the Friday Greet & Meet. I'll very likely be Heather that day, but not Ruffles.

***hugs***

I would love to participate in Eureka's diversity festival and will check out their site. I just hope it is in the summer so its warm enough to go in just diapers and maybe a short t-shirt. :)

Another highly diverse event is the Bay to Breakers run in San Francisco. I believe some of the participants run naked and that others have done the event in diapers.