Announcement: North Carolina Ab/dl Brunch Munch

North Carolina AB/DL Brunch Munch

(ain't that a mouthful!)

Saturday, May 9 @ 11am

Mary's of Course Cafe

301 Brookstown Ave

Winston-Salem, NC 27101

http://www.marysofcourse.com/

Mary's is a highly-regarded local spot and serves breakfast all day. I think 11am gives any Charlotte/Triangle folks time to get to Winston. It'll last until whenever we decide to leave, or Mary's kicks us out!

Things to keep in mind:

1. Mary's is a public restaurant and the staff and patrons are presumably unaware of the AB/DL community. As such, please be discreet with your clothing and accessories. Diapers underneath, of course, are just fine. If anyone has a suggestion of a more private place we can retreat to afterwards, then folks can bring more flamboyant attire to change into.

2. There's no formal itinerary. This will be a very laid-back event just to meet other AB/DLs (Furries, Incon, etc. are completely welcome) and talk about anything over good eats. We may decide to do something fun after brunch: go-karts, putt-putt, whatever. I'm open for any and all suggestions.

3. To encourage participation, I promise a neat little "care package" for all who RSVP. I won't spoil the surprise and tell you what's in it, but I'm sure you'll like it.

I hope many of you North Carolinians (and Virginians and South Carolinians too!) will join us. If it goes well, I'll gladly organize more munches, parties, and other events around the state in the future. See you there!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hate you can't make it this time, phantomcomposernc, but I'm hoping there will be other NC meetups in the future. Have a safe trip and thank you for your interest.

So, at this point, Darkfinn, it's just me and you. Artemis doesn't sound promising.

Artemis, what's wrong with telling your wife "I'm just going to meet some friends for breakfast." That's truthful, and I can't imagine a loving spouse who wouldn't understand the need for her husband to get out from time to time.

Maybe we should just reschedule for June. Perhaps more folks will want to join in.

Hate you can't make it this time, phantomcomposernc, but I'm hoping there will be other NC meetups in the future. Have a safe trip and thank you for your interest.

So, at this point, Darkfinn, it's just me and you. Artemis doesn't sound promising.

Artemis, what's wrong with telling your wife "I'm just going to meet some friends for breakfast." That's truthful, and I can't imagine a loving spouse who wouldn't understand the need for her husband to get out from time to time.

Maybe we should just reschedule for June. Perhaps more folks will want to join in.

The problem is, I don't have any friends in the area, and the wife knows it.

We've only been here since October 06, and I have not had any success making friends because the only time I was ever away from the house alone during any week was when I was at work.

Darkfinn, I don't see much point in you driving from Charlotte and me driving from Raleigh for just us two to meet. If four or five folks were at least gonna show up, I'd be totally game, but as it is, we only got three folks to even reply to this thread, two of whom can't make it.

If you had you heart set on the brunch, post a reply or PM me and I'll still come out, but otherwise this one's a bust. We'll try again another day. <_<

Darkfinn, I don't see much point in you driving from Charlotte and me driving from Raleigh for just us two to meet. If four or five folks were at least gonna show up, I'd be totally game, but as it is, we only got three folks to even reply to this thread, two of whom can't make it.

If you had you heart set on the brunch, post a reply or PM me and I'll still come out, but otherwise this one's a bust. We'll try again another day. <_<

Sorry guys.

• 4 years later...