LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Learn To Fly!

I am a FAA Certified Flight Instructor in the Easton, PA area. If you have the desire to learn how to fly airplanes, I can teach you how to become a safe pilot. Maybe you know someone who has always wanted to learn.

You can earn your Recreational, Private or Commercial Certificate. Learn to fly in the clouds with your Instrument Rating.

If you have no access to an airplane, you can join the Lehigh Valley Flying Club (http://www.lvfc.org) and become part owner of four airplanes. The LVFC is based at Lehigh Valley International.

For those who do have access to an airplane, I am located very close to Braden Airpark. I can travel to other airports if you desire.

For those that are interested, I will send you more information regarding availability, pricing, Introductory lessons and more.

• Like 1

Can I learn how to land in a river like the Hudson?? Like that Great jet pilot did a while ago??? That looks fun!

(kidding)

qwack :blush:

He mentioned teaching you how to fly....nothing about landing. That's a extra fee. Once they get you up then they tack on the extra charges...it's a scam I wouldn't fall for it..well, not without a parachute :P

I learned to fly when I was 16, never regretted it. I highly recommend it for those with the attitude and ability for fun!

• 1 month later...

Good luck PArms. If I was in your area I'd contact you, it's time for my BFR pretty soon, and I haven't flown since the last one. Miss it.

That happens to a lot of pilots. It's very unfortunate. To spend so much time studying and training to not use the skills anymore. Stick with it. Even if you just keep yourself day current with passengers every 90 days. It's so well worth it.

Actually, I am partial to wanting to learn how to fly sail planes....non-powered flight appeals to me for some reason....gliding like a bird....following the thermals...free....I gotta get that done I guess..one more thing on my "bucket list":...LOL

qwack *currently flightless*

It's anything but free, chum. If God had meant man to fly he would have given us more money. The rest of it is fairly accurate, and yes, it's wonderful!

If God had meant man to fly he would have given us more money.

Amen! It cost well over $100/hr wet for a small plane here in NC. That doesn't include the instructor! But it is huge fun if you can afford it.

Anondl

• 2 weeks later...

About $150 an hour over here; count your blessings!

I've heard that it is incredibly expensive to fly in Europe. We American pilots are always fighting to keep the current aviation financial system. If the government sets up a user fee based system, we'll have a lot of safety issues stemming from Pilots' frugal exercises.

• 4 weeks later...

I am a FAA Certified Flight Instructor in the Easton, PA area. If you have the desire to learn how to fly airplanes, I can teach you how to become a safe pilot. Maybe you know someone who has always wanted to learn.

You can earn your Recreational, Private or Commercial Certificate. Learn to fly in the clouds with your Instrument Rating.

If you have no access to an airplane, you can join the Lehigh Valley Flying Club (http://www.lvfc.org) and become part owner of four airplanes. The LVFC is based at Lehigh Valley International.

For those who do have access to an airplane, I am located very close to Braden Airpark. I can travel to other airports if you desire.

For those that are interested, I will send you more information regarding availability, pricing, Introductory lessons and more.

WOW! I hit the lottery on this one!!!

Never knew Id find "pilots" and "diaper lovers" on the same forum!

Id love to learn how to fly, or just get the bare bones of the program.

Feel free to PM me with further info

• 1 month later...

I've ALWAYS wanted to learn how to fly and have been trying for over 12 years to get an FAA license,

but earlier this year I officially got labeled a "kiwi" by the FAA. It's really sad to have a childhood

and life-long dream destroyed via e-mail by a (well-intended) government bureaucrat! But FAA medical

rules are INSANE. With the medical requirements, I'm surprised ANYONE can get a 3rd class FAA ticket let

alone their 1st class FAA ticket. At least in my district the flight surgeon seems to want to deny your

ticket if you've even looked at a Tylenol in the past year and a half! Still, being told I'll never be

behind the controls of a plane made a big tough guy cry :crybaby:

Flightless bird... as in I will never fly. It is something in the medical community

that (flight surgeon) used to describe someone whose wings have been forever clipped.

I have some doctor friends who have tried to ferret out a exception for me, but as I said,

the flight surgeons here are insane and won't issue a ticket unless you have the health of

Michael Phelps (sans weed!). In theory I could try to do something under Part 103 but

having failed medical, any instructor could get in trouble (at least the way the local office

is here) if they were to offer me any instruction. Also if your stuck to Part 103, the ships

you can fly are really limited (<255lbs and no more than 5 US gal of fuel).

Flightless bird... as in I will never fly. It is something in the medical community

that (flight surgeon) used to describe someone whose wings have been forever clipped.

I have some doctor friends who have tried to ferret out a exception for me, but as I said,

the flight surgeons here are insane and won't issue a ticket unless you have the health of

Michael Phelps (sans weed!). In theory I could try to do something under Part 103 but

having failed medical, any instructor could get in trouble (at least the way the local office

is here) if they were to offer me any instruction. Also if your stuck to Part 103, the ships

you can fly are really limited (<255lbs and no more than 5 US gal of fuel).

May I ask which medical condition caused the denial of a certificate? It seems very unfair from your viewpoint.

I have a friend who suddenly had two seizures. It seems that there was no explanation for them. It could possibly be stress induced. She won't be allowed to fly as PIC until she is seizure free for 10 years. 9 years and 6

If I was anywhere close I would take you up on your offer. I've wanted to get my ppl for a longtime. Very interested in helicopters as well, though they are even more expensive than fixed wing unfortunately.

I'm a victim of the Sport Pilot Catch 22. I was rejected for my last Airman Medical Certificate, but had I never taken lessens before the sport pilot rule of 2004, I could walk up and get a license today(!) if I (ahem) didn't disclose my medication. Of course that's risking 25 years in the federal pokey, but hey what's that between friends! (Don't lie on your Pilot License application folks... I know of folks who have gone to jail!) In my case I take a seizure med BID and haven't had one in 25 years. I cannot qualify for a med ticket while on the rx even though I haven't had a seizure in 25 yrs. They won't allow an exception... nope... no way, no how, no never. I thought I just had to go w/o a seizure for like 10 yrs or so, but that's UNMEDICATED according to our local flight surgeon at the FAA office. As a matter of fact a quote from the e-mail of my FINAL appeal:

"At this time, use of any psychotropic (SSRI's, etc) or neuroleptic

(anti-seizure) medication is medically disqualifying for an airman medical

certificate and there is no waiver available regardless of duration of

treatment. I wish I had better news but that is pretty much the bottom

line."

Sorry to jack the thread, but I love to talk planes any way any chance I get :)

Keep flyin' I'll keep dreamin'!

-dp

In my case I take a seizure med BID and haven't had one in 25 years. I cannot qualify for a med ticket while on the rx even though I haven't had a seizure in 25 yrs. They won't allow an exception... nope... no way, no how, no never. I thought I just had to go w/o a seizure for like 10 yrs or so, but that's UNMEDICATED

Would it be worth stopping the medication? Do you really think you'll have seizures without the prescription? Have you talked to your doctor about weaning off the meds? I find it difficult to comprehend being medicated for 25 years and be symptom free. I realize it's not like a headache - take a few aspirin now and stop when the pain goes away, but 25 years seems too long to not be weaned off. If you know anyone else that's been med and seizure free, it'd be nice to know how they did it. Diet and one's environment can play a role. Maybe they found the right combination and no longer needed the prescription.

Stopping the meds would be like Russian Roulette. I had a head injury (took a thunk to the head from a Benz), so the docs are CERTAIN that I can't stop. Also when they've tried to reduce the dose, I can feel migraines come on (which can be a precursor to seizures). So, again, the Catch 22... I take the pills I'm OK but no wings... I stop the pills, I can fly* but I'm not OK. (I know I'd never get a med ticket with a seizure.)

I've (literally) cried a few times, but, hey, that's life in the Big City. It's not fair, but life isn't fair. That being said I've been able to do a cold start (with nearly dead batteries and a temperamental APU)-> high speed taxi in a 737 under the table (better than sex! good thing my diaper was there or I would have wet my pants... but I do that anyway :) I've acquired some sympathetic friends in MRO overseas who let me check things out back in the day :)

Everyone in the world can fly... try it.... just jump out of a tall building and you will be flying..... it is the landing that will be difficult :lol::lol:

Seriously, over this side of the pond, it will cost between €50k and €200k (approx $100k - $400k) to get commercial pilots certification. In the US it is less expensive, but the US certification is not valid across Europe. Conversion certification is also required for comercial pilots landing on non - US soil.

• Like 1

In the Mediterranean countries I'm familiar with, it's usually cheaper for commercial or ATP to train in the US and get a conversion and proficiency in the native country. Either that or bribe the right people since an FAA ticket is a gold standard (but that never happens, right?). I know some countries in the EU used to have ATP flag-carrier pilots get FAA tickets and x-over, and some used to do their own training. Now if you REALLY want a challenge, try getting an ATP in India (considered the most bureaucratic country in the world!)

Over that side of the pond, does the PIC sit on the right or left?

Anondl

Same as you. The aircraft are usually instrumented the same way. On the left on fixed-wing, on the right in helos. In the middle (or the back) in sailplanes - there's seldom much choice. Underneath on hang gliders. In the bar after hours. On the potty after aeros.

We only sit on the right in cars, so we can whip the horses more easily - just the way they did in the US until sometime in the twenties. You only switched to driving on the right because Napoleon told you to; we didn't care much for him over here.

• 6 months later...

To all:

As the person running the New Jersey Littles AB/DL Munch group and someone who has always wanted to learn to fly, I'd take him up on his kind offer in a heartbeat. PArms is the kind of guy whom you'd be likely to introduce as a (vanilla) friend to your family and hang out with anytime. He has common sense, knowledge and practical experience in life as-well-as flying. I am positive you'd feel safe learning to fly with him. I trust him and so can you.

Besides all that, you know you'd want to wear your diaper up there. :thumbsup: