LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How Much For Attends?

BBoy

I have an unopened bag of Attends. These are the older and thicker kind (approx 3-4 years old).

I am going to put it up on eBay. Just wondering how much they will go for? Package of 24 diapers, size small fits up to a 31" waist.

Thanks for your input. Steve

I have an unopened bag of Attends. These are the older and thicker kind (approx 3-4 years old).

I am going to put it up on eBay. Just wondering how much they will go for? Package of 24 diapers, size small fits up to a 31" waist.

Thanks for your input. Steve

The best thing for you to do is decide what is the lowest price you'll accept and have that as your starting price. Some older vintage diapers bring in a pretty good buck. If your not familair with selling on ebay, it seems having your auction end on a Sunday evening will bring about the most action. More people are home at that time browsing. You could also set your starting price at .99 cents, but add a reserve price that would have to be met for the item to be sold. Make sure your listing has a picture. GHood Luck!! You'll most likely find a buyer. Make sure also you charge enough for shipping, diapers are heavier than you think.

Currently Attends makes Youth Briefs for hips, not waist, up to 30" Those were originally called Attends Small Briefs still use the old product cat # BRCL 1000. They are classic poly-plastic with 2 sticky tapes per side. They have been improved over the years since I first bought them in 1981. For many years they have only been sold in cases of 96 without individual bags.

Attends Breathable Extra Absorbent Small came to market more recently and are the same size, for 18-30" hips, but with cloth-like outer layer and Velcro Tabs, 2 per side, cat #BRBX 10. Sold by the case of 96 in bags of 24.

Both of these Attends must be ordered from any of several dealers. Youth are slightly less expensive than Small Breathable, but either is under US$70 delivered in the continental USA.

Attends has not made a Small Brief with a poly-plastic outer layer in a long time.

Also remember that disposable diapers do go bad with age. So consider these classics as a collector's item, not for routine use.

Experts in the disposable diaper industry have noticed as the construction became far more sophisticated, some of the components do not stand storage well.

The main culprit is if the storage conditions are overly warm hot-melt adhesive holding the various layers together migrates to places that should not stick. This is made worse if too many cartons of diapers are stacked. Another problem is to make disposable diaper stretch liquid material was applied while the diaper is forming in the machine. Like most latex products this gets less stretchy in storage. Still another problem is with the super absorb gel. It can be compressed and shift position during storage.

Generally disposable diapers can be stored for 2 sometimes 3 years, so long as they were never allowed to be damp or over heated.

Given that most disposables are transported in cargo containers on ships and then rail cars exposed to heat and rain it is very important to inspect the outer packaging for signs of stains prior to buying those diapers.

There is a topic about Carlos Richer here on DD from 2007 or early 2008. Carlos started the baby disposable diaper manufacturing industry in Latin America, where nearly all the disposable diapers sold in the USA are in fact made. As a result Carlos is the leading consultant to the baby disposable diaper industry. Get to know him and he will offer to sell you a slightly used diaper making machine. All you need is a very big building and a whole lot of money for the machine, workers and supplies.

Diapers go bad with age? How so? I've not heard that before. I have several bags of diapers that are probably 6-8 months old.