LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

I've Volunteered To Go On Public Display!

Some months ago, I mentioned that the "Forth Plinth" in Trafalgar Square London is going to be used for the display of different types of British lifestyle. Well, I've taken the plunge and volunteered to make a (very) public exhibition of myself.

The plinth is normally used for the display of public art (it is outside the National Gallery) and after several ideas of what to display next they decided on this. Basically you volunteer through the website and then in June the people on the list will be chosen at random. Everyone will get exactly one hour on the plinth and you can do anything you like, within the law. The area is a tourism hot spot about a 5 minute walk from Buckingham Palace.

If you would like to volunteer yourself, just go to the link below. The only criteria is that you are over 16, British or a UK resident and plan on doing something legal.

http://www.london.gov.uk/fourthplinth/plinth/gormley.jsp

Beth

A plinth in general is an elevated pedastal usually used for displaying some kind of art, such as a sculpture. It usually refers to just the pedastal itself....not anything more than that. The sculpture can be removed. I've heard in the past, like in ancient Roman/Greek times, they used to use similar platforms for oratory in the public squares (basically to elevate the speaker so everyone could see him). Same concepts as the "soapboxes" used by street preahcers and orators in the American tradition.

So what are you planning on wearing??? Be safe, I hope it works out great for you.

Good question.

I think I'd be willing to do the baby thing (this will probably be tame compared to some people) although I haven't got the guts to do it like a LG. I know this probably sounds a bit spineless on my part, but I think I could wear a sleeper/diaper in public ......but a dress/wig etc? I'm not so sure about that. :lol:

What do you guys think I should do if chosen?

Beth

PS) Did anyone else volunteer?

What do you guys think I should do if chosen?

Beth

PS) Did anyone else volunteer?

Do what you're comfortable doing and no more :) This is tantamount to 'coming out' so expect that someone you know is going to see you and begin speaking about it :huh: Perhaps you could be a LG if you're allowed to wear a mask that covered enough of your face to keep you anonymous :ninja: You should look into that ^_^ I know that my state prohibits adults from wearing any mask or disguise that would inhibit identification, but it's usually only enforced in conjunction with a criminal act. Just curious, is there going to be a guard or Bobby there to ensure the displayer's personal safety? I doubt that there would be trouble but we don't want anything bad to happen to you ;)

Bettypooh

Do what you're comfortable doing and no more :) This is tantamount to 'coming out' so expect that someone you know is going to see you and begin speaking about it :huh: Perhaps you could be a LG if you're allowed to wear a mask that covered enough of your face to keep you anonymous :ninja: You should look into that ^_^ I know that my state prohibits adults from wearing any mask or disguise that would inhibit identification, but it's usually only enforced in conjunction with a criminal act. Just curious, is there going to be a guard or Bobby there to ensure the displayer's personal safety? I doubt that there would be trouble but we don't want anything bad to happen to you ;)

Bettypooh

Oh yeah, my face would have to be covered. I have no desire to actually "come out", and besides my colleagues and clients are in that area, so too risky......... and yes, I think there is going to be a webcam on the people too.

Rather than what items of baby stuff I actually wear, I'm thinking more along the lines of how to approach it. Do I sit there in silence and let people make up their own mind what it means (just like a piece of art) or do I raise awareness by talking or maybe having printed text to hand out? (if indeed I can). A lot of people will be making extreme political statements/protests, so I shouldn't stand out that much.

Beth

If i was doing this, which at the moment I am being extremely outgoing so if I lived in London I would, I would probably go full LG style. I don't know why but I feel i'm cuter in a dress than in a sleeper. Plus sleepers are too warm for June.

Actually, i'd probably wear the dress I got from you Beth. It's by far my favorite still. None of my others compare in the slightest. That or my romper.

I wouldn't wear a wig, but I have pretty feminine hair and all. I'd have to do my makeup.

How do you plan to cover your face, Beth?

-Sophie

Oh yeah, my face would have to be covered. I have no desire to actually "come out", and besides my colleagues and clients are in that area, so too risky......... and yes, I think there is going to be a webcam on the people too.

Rather than what items of baby stuff I actually wear, I'm thinking more along the lines of how to approach it. Do I sit there in silence and let people make up their own mind what it means (just like a piece of art) or do I raise awareness by talking or maybe having printed text to hand out? (if indeed I can). A lot of people will be making extreme political statements/protests, so I shouldn't stand out that much.

Beth

Your voice could be a clue to youy identity so written material would be a better way to communicate your ideas. I would at least have a poster explaining things next to me. And over on this side of the pond a onsite Cop would be a necessity. In 1964 Kittty Genovese of NYC was stabbed 40 times while dozens of her neighbors looked on. Nobody called an ambulance until a passerby did that about ten minutes later. Nobody admitted to seeing the attacker well enough to describe him though they could give every detail of the stabbing. Nobody tried to intervene, they didn't even yell to try to scare they guy off. And things have gotten much worse over here since then... :o:angry::bash: I do hope that you'll be aware of your safety issues and that the people over there are more responsive to bystanders that we are here :blush: I hope you win and have a chance to show our little world in a better light than it usually gets :)

Bettypooh

I'd say go for handing out printed out info. But you should probly try not to appear too pushy with it. Many of us've probly been around someone who's way too eager to gives us stuff to read. This makes them seem more desperate than anything else. Just try to be friendly/polite and if people happen to inquire, offer them the info. On one hand, it may not get all the papers handed out, but on the other, it'll probly get them into the hands of people who'll actually read them and may learn something.