LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Airlines Reported Considering Charging For Toilet Room Use

Well, it was bound to happen sooner or later. Those of us old enough to remember pay toilets in public restrooms probably never expected this again in our lifetime. At least one airline was reported in the news to be considering charging for in-flight toilet use.

If the airlines go through with the prospect, I'll bet adult diapers will become an option for some, and smaller kids almost for sure. Then there are the AB/DL's of the world who will just recline in their seat and smile. What do you suppose they will charge for each visit and how will they handle it? Tokens purchased at the time of ticketing? And, what about first class??? Free toilet use?....Then again, a few accidents in upholstered seats might convince them of the lack of genius in this business decision.

Sorry for the diatribe, but the thought is most ridiculous to me.

If they start doing that I will honestly just bring a diaper and change into it in the airport bathroom before getting on the plane.

I've always had a problem that I absolutely can't hold my urine for more than 2 hours. Even if I don't drink anything for an hour or three before hand, within 2 hours of the last time I relieve myself I have to go again, and I can't hold it a minute longer. I've had several accidents while driving long distances, luckily I was the only one in the car those times, and I was wearing a diaper.

There's no way I'd be able to hold it for a 2 hour plane ride even because if I've had a soda or something about 30 minutes before getting on the plane, as I usually end up doing, I can barely hold it the 20 minutes till they turn off the fasten seatbelt sign, and then I rush to the bathroom and usually still end up a bit damp from what leaked out...

Does that mean that 1st class passengers will have a built in potty on their luxury reclining seats/beds, just so they don't have to go through the trouble of getting up to poop with the rest of us?

Beth

lol i wish hell last time i flew i had to take my shoes off just to go through the metal dector thank god i wore sandles through the check in point

this is quite harsh... I mean its aweful to think you would have to pay for a leak... hmm... but then again, doesnt Ryanair fly only here in Europe? the distances are pretty short, so I could imagine people being able to hold on and not need to use the bathroom :D not this was a strange thought, I agree XD screw this! they are just jerks wanting more money and this is an extreme way of getting it...

they will lose money if they implent this

cause as it said in the article, ppl will stop buying drinks on board, maybe they dont even buy drinks from shops before they enter the plane either, so not only ryanair loses money

Message over intercom:

Ladies and gentlemen. We have discovered that the toilet flush meter does not match the number of tokens used. That means that someone here used the toilet without paying. The pilot has informed us that he will not land the plane until the deadbeat pays up. Please see the steward or stewardess to settle your account. Thank you for flying RyanAir.

As another post stated, the company in question is called 'Ryanair' run by a 'Micheal O'Leary'. It is a common misunderstanding that this company is Irish. It IS NOT, NEVER WILL BE, and we Irish are ashamed and humiliated that the companies head office is on our Emerald Isle.

To clarify, this company charges you for

* check-in,

* credit card transaction without any other option to purchase tickets

* transport from its list of airports in the middle of nowhere to a backstreet in a main town,

* all luggage including hand luggage

* food and drink on flights yet bans all food or drink to be carried onto a flight

* in cockpit entertainment

* seat location without an option to not chose

* airport taxes and charges

* fuel surcharge

* name change

* time or flight change

NOW toilets

and anything else they can, yet they advertise the price of the flight is $0.99. They offer NO guarantee that the flight will even take place, and will change/cancel flight time and gate number at their own whims. Any compalint to the company and you will be lucky to be entertained, but remember, the complaint line is a PREMIUM number charged at $2.50 per minute. If you succeed in getting a refund, all that will be refunded will be the advertised cost of the flight '$0.99'

A post stated that their tickets are dirt cheap. In comparison to most others on the same route counting all costs, Ryanair on average are twice as dear as their nearest competitor.

In my humble opinion,

DON'T EVER TRY AND FLY RYANAIR

I caught this on our local news. The newscasters spent the entire half hour makeing fun of the airline. Of course, I don't fly (nowhere to go, no money to get there), so it wouldn't have the slightest impact on me.

I have a friend who works for Rynair (Tech Ops - so not really his field). I asked him about this earlier this week. Apparently it has been going around the company as a rumour, along with a whole host of other crazy changes, he thinks it's all just scare mongering by the media. I'm inclined to believe him, as I don't think any company is barmy enough to do this.

If I did every have to fly on a plane with paid for toilets, EVEN then I'd be very wary about wearing a nappy in public in such a confined atmosphere.

I find that I have to wear on a plane because I am usually stuck where I can make it to the restroom in time. Either I have a neighbor between me and the aisle who is asleep, there is a line at the lavatory or they are serving drinks (selling food) and the access is blocked.

But there is the risk of the "smell" of a wet diaper but that can be managed. Plastic pants help too. Hot but necessary... I would be heading to the lavatory if I had to do #2. Even if I do not make it, that diaper would be coming off! (Guess that's why I start off double diapered - gives me a reserve right away without needing to get into my bag.)

Changing is not too bad in the airports though. So many people. They would not pay any attention.

Now my problem is, I have to travel this coming summer and have been requested not to have any checked luggage. I'm guessing I will need to have a smaller "personal item" which has the diapers in it. Not including the 12+ hours on 4 different flights each way, it's going to be a week of hell for me... I'll need to find some other option for the nights I am away (the worst time for me) that's for sure.

In reply to PampersPete>>Southwest still has the cheapest beer prices on flights (unless you are holding off on drinking due to having to pee); Recently I flew both Southwest & US Air; SW $4 a beer, US Air 7 bucks!!!. Guess what it's bad enough I'm paying 4 dollars but I ain't that much of a drunk where I'm gonna' pay 7 for a warm beer!!!!! Yea, US Air lost my money. Also with Southwest--no charge for checked bags>US and others $15: what's going on??

Yea getting slightly side tracked off the main topic of this thread, but when ever I hear about how the airlines cry about how they are hurting then in turn try hurting the business travelers/companies, well in the long run they are just hurting themselves. (If I was paying for the tickets as opposed to my company, no way would have I flown US Air with all the extra charges (even though they do have a couple of exellent pilots!).....Just a little venting here.

Now my problem is, I have to travel this coming summer and have been requested not to have any checked luggage. I'm guessing I will need to have a smaller "personal item" which has the diapers in it. Not including the 12+ hours on 4 different flights each way, it's going to be a week of hell for me... I'll need to find some other option for the nights I am away (the worst time for me) that's for sure.

"Passengers may carry one item of hand luggage plus one personal item such as a laptop bag or a diaper bag"

Nobody said the diaper bag has to be for a real baby :lol: