LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

So I Dislike The Term "crossdresser"

Jennifer!

It just makes me feel like...wearing girls' clothes is wrong, and I know it isn't. But there is that mentality of most people that it IS wrong. The one girl I've told about my girls' clothes-wearing side (not diapers, just clothes) who totally understood (which was awesome, but that's a different story) I've told, when talking to me, never to use the term "crossdresser".

So what does everyone else think? Possibly about the term sissy as well?

Aren't we living a "double standard" here? Why is it NOT cross dressing when a female puts on jeans and a shirt? Women have a much wider choice of wardrobe than men. They also have more freedom of expression; they can behave soft or tough and it is okay, but it is not accepted if a man wants to show a softer side. I suppose the truth is that when a girl puts on pants and a shirt, she must be cross dressing. But when I say that I prefer that women dress in feminine attire, (skirts and dresses) I'm labeled a chauvinist.

Baby June 2/22/2009

Aren't we living a "double standard" here? Why is it NOT cross dressing when a female puts on jeans and a shirt? Women have a much wider choice of wardrobe than men. They also have more freedom of expression; they can behave soft or tough and it is okay, but it is not accepted if a man wants to show a softer side. I suppose the truth is that when a girl puts on pants and a shirt, she must be cross dressing. But when I say that I prefer that women dress in feminine attire, (skirts and dresses) I'm labeled a chauvinist.

That is reult of the post emancipation era. The girls had to fight for it. The boys should demonstrate for loosening of their role, too. But so far, they have not.

But it is the mothers who educate their male children.

Kvetinka

Hi Jennifer, Well, since you ask I don"t mind being called a cd, or a sissy. I think of myself as a DL sissy cd!!! I am lucky in the fact that except for my SO, and one cd friend, no one who knows me in "real life", knows about that part of me. I prefer to keep it private. You may prefer being called a trans person. I consider myself more of a sissy, because I prefer wearing petticoats, maid outfits, anything thats frilly!!!

Aren't there enough labels, after all we are just normal human beings who dress slightly different than the normal male popluation.

So what we wear panties instead of breifs or those awful looking boxers, so what we like to wear beautiful things instead of the drab "I look like everybody else look", I do not look like everyone else and that is how its going to be for me.

I seriously think some of you guys get too hung up over lables.

I like to wear baby girl stuff, if that makes me an AB or Sissy so be it. If dressing like a woman makes me a CD or TV, cool. It's just a label and if we didn't say "Crossdresser" it would be replaced by another word instead.

Call me what you like, just don't call me late for dinner.

Beth

Please feel free to moan but I much prefer the term 'Cross Dresser', I don't know why it just sounds "softer" than Transvestite ...................god I hate that word... it makes it sound as though we people have something wrong with us.

Also .. have you noticed that if your shopping on ebay and such that as soon as you type in crossdresser or tranvestite you get an overwhelming bombardment of clothing and accessories that are totaly outragous (imho). Perhaps I'm one of the funny ones who prefer a more 'refined or ' down to earth' appearance, such as knee length skirt, a simple blouse ....matching shoes......and sensible ones at that ....... over all the sort of appearance that wouldn't look out of place in an office or something.

Don't get me wrong there are times that I dress like a tart and get treated as such but mostly i'm just plain 'jane' (or whatever).

'And besides ......... who thought up the word 'cross dresser' ??? :huh:

Isn't it an oxymoron or something ......... do we all dress in feminine clothes when we are angry ???? :blink:

I dislike the word "Hot Cross Bun" too. Yeah okay, I know it's a bun with a cross on it. But I can't help but feel it makes the poor bun sound angry. Maybe it's because they only come out at Easter, and because they're not here to defend themselves the rest of the year they don't get the respect in the world of buns that they deserve?

Beth

Crossdresser isn't great but its quite moderate. I think Sissy tends to be associated with 'drag queen' as dressing up far more girly and flamboyantly than actual women would usually dress up. Thats probably unfair for some people but thats what you get with labels. 'Girly boy' would probably suit me best although I dress to look like an actual girly... girl i guess.

I don't think wearing trousers and shirts make women crossdressers anymore, I think those items of clothing have been liberated from the label of 'male clothes' and are now unisex items.

I dislike the word "Hot Cross Bun" too. Yeah okay, I know it's a bun with a cross on it. But I can't help but feel it makes the poor bun sound angry. Maybe it's because they only come out at Easter, and because they're not here to defend themselves the rest of the year they don't get the respect in the world of buns that they deserve?

Beth

thanks for that, Beth! :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

when I get up in the morning angry about something I cross dress! ...well, at other times too...