LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What Happens At Night?

I have always been curious. For those of you with bowel incon... do you ever mess yourself at night while you are sleeping? Or does it only happen in the day when you are awake? Just something I have always wondered.

I know several people who are not normally bowel incontinent who occasionally mess themselves in their sleep. It sounds VERY uncomfortable!

I should think like urinary incontinence if it happened during the daytime, it would certainly happen

while you were asleep.

Yes unfortunately it does happen at night which is so much worse!!! Mess at night if diaper does contain your mess than it is usually kind of drid up on you and a pain to get clean YUCK!! and then if your diaper does not contain it you can all imagine I am sure no need to get into detail! Double YUCK!!

Wayne

• 1 month later...

Bowel incontinence daytime does continue overnight. It however, can be controlled to a certain extent by diet and timing, or decent diapers. Those of whom are bowel incontinent should be able to calculate within 1-2 hours, when they will mess - this is all dependent on their diet, and its water content. As a result, the average time from eating and soiling runs about 5.5 hours, so if you wish to avoid messing overnight, don't eat a large/substantial meal within that time frame.

However, if you do due to your schedule, then wear cloth overnight. They are much better at containing mess than disposables, and due to the associated wetting, and the wet cloth, the 'hard stools' that others have mentioned that tend to be difficult to clean up shouldn't be a problem, and even if they are, a warm shower in the morning eliminates that.

On a personal nature, since I am totally incontinent, I wear cloth overnight and 6/7 mornings wake up with wet and messy diapers - have done for the past 30+ years, and never found a problem or discomfort. The only leakage that I suffer is a little wetness if I fail to correctly check the elastic on the plastic pants - but I always wear a plastic pants that is 2-3 sizes larger. This allows the pants to create a proper seal on cloth.

The only time I wear disposables is when I do not have a choice - ie in work or while not at home. Adult disposable diapers were designed for the immobile adult that is under constant nurse care, and to be changed within a short time after being wet/soiled. As a result and opposite to baby diapers, they can not contain wet/mess over a large time frame on a mobile/semi-mobile adult.

Mathematically, a baby pampers size 4/5 is actually more absorbant than most if not all adult medium/large diapers. If you don't believe me, mix up a salt/warm water solution, pour equal amounts on until saturation and measure the absorbancy of your adult diaper compared to a pampers. I only wish that adult diaper manufactures would even make a diaper with either the same or a pro-rata capacity.

• 2 weeks later...

Bowel incontinence daytime does continue overnight. It however, can be controlled to a certain extent by diet and timing, or decent diapers. Those of whom are bowel incontinent should be able to calculate within 1-2 hours, when they will mess - this is all dependent on their diet, and its water content. As a result, the average time from eating and soiling runs about 5.5 hours, so if you wish to avoid messing overnight, don't eat a large/substantial meal within that time frame.

However, if you do due to your schedule, then wear cloth overnight. They are much better at containing mess than disposables, and due to the associated wetting, and the wet cloth, the 'hard stools' that others have mentioned that tend to be difficult to clean up shouldn't be a problem, and even if they are, a warm shower in the morning eliminates that.

On a personal nature, since I am totally incontinent, I wear cloth overnight and 6/7 mornings wake up with wet and messy diapers - have done for the past 30+ years, and never found a problem or discomfort. The only leakage that I suffer is a little wetness if I fail to correctly check the elastic on the plastic pants - but I always wear a plastic pants that is 2-3 sizes larger. This allows the pants to create a proper seal on cloth.

The only time I wear disposables is when I do not have a choice - ie in work or while not at home. Adult disposable diapers were designed for the immobile adult that is under constant nurse care, and to be changed within a short time after being wet/soiled. As a result and opposite to baby diapers, they can not contain wet/mess over a large time frame on a mobile/semi-mobile adult.

Mathematically, a baby pampers size 4/5 is actually more absorbant than most if not all adult medium/large diapers. If you don't believe me, mix up a salt/warm water solution, pour equal amounts on until saturation and measure the absorbancy of your adult diaper compared to a pampers. I only wish that adult diaper manufactures would even make a diaper with either the same or a pro-rata capacity.

WOW babykeiff, never knew that about the absorbancy ratio between pampers and adult dispos. Yeah really !!!! wish they did make em dat absorbant for adults ;) Thanks for the info :D

Bowel Incontinence is a real pain in the butt! Yes, I mess my diapers at night, often immediately following the nightmare that haunts me. The pain in the butt is the clean-up. Smell is a real problem too if I forget to take my herbs and inner mints. I've filled diapers during the day and had to run to my car and head for home to change. It's no fun when you're in the middle of a huge store! If you're truly incontinent you don't know when this is going to happen, and you can time it all you want, every time it will be different. We're talking about a human body!

What seems abnormal to you may be normal to someone else. No, I don't get rashes often, and I don't get too upset if it happens. It is a normal bodily function that is out of my control. If I was a baby no one would think it odd. If I was in a nursing home and ninety no one would think it odd. Go figure.

I think I'm going to try that