LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

So There Was This Thread...that Disapeared....why?

So my friend Belinda Sue Fox started a thread recently...about leaving this site. A choice made and presented in a straight forward post

Some questions arose and were commented on in that thread by myself and other members of DD.

Having been a responsible, respectful and contributing member of this site for some time, i was shocked to find that the thread is now gone...

Censorship? i am disapointed to see this happen as i've always held this forum in the highest regards...

My question is why would this happen. DD has always been a community that while there were differences, people were allowed to express their opinions...

What is happening?

The coming and going forum is for temporary notices. I have never been a fan of the "taking my ball and going home" drama posts, so yes, I removed it rather than move it. Belinda Sue Fox is a respected member of the community and I hope she chooses to return.

I can't understand the discovery of langtab as a chat mod as a reason to drop everything and leave as he has been discreetly handling chat problems for probably six months without any issue.

I think dailyD the problem is correct me if i'm wrong, you didn't announce them being moderator, and its come as a shock because of it, cuz before all this situation I thought rapid was the only other moderator here.

On the boards there are only two mods, Repaid and I (and technically one other, who isn't currently active on the boards). There are several chat mods (who don't have board powers) who were put in place to respond to spam and harrasment attacks needing urgent attention when I am not around. I didn't announce them intentionally as the troublemakers are smart enough to not cause trouble when they see a known mod in the room.

Also of note is that a lot of us know who the mods are whether they are announced or not. As situations come up, people act and react, and sometimes vent. It's therefore no secret who the mods are to anybody who has been paying attention, and to expect that there wouldn't be mods to, for example, kick out people who might be aggravating a lot of people is just not a way to run a large community like this. Nobody likes censorship, but nobody likes dealing with people who think they are more important than the community either. Spammers, instigators, whatever, there needs to be people in any community given the authority to kick out the undesirables. Otherwise, the undesirables will have all of the authority to tear the community apart to pieces because the community is not capable of policing itself with its response. When people get upset and angry, they tend to say things which begin a significant snowball effect, and a lot of feelings get hurt, and a lot of people get upset. Mods are designed to prevent that from happening. Without them, this place could very well become as trashy as a number of other adult websites have become, and I happen to think this site is one of the best I have been a part of.

Also, I've run a few e-mail lists in which I have also been or acted as moderator, and I have had assistance from a few other people in the process. To suggest that a moderator enjoys taking action against somebody is not true, but when action must be taken, it must be taken quickly. On one list I manage, the default setting is "moderation for everybody" with "removal of moderation once on-topic posts and contributions are shown to be made", mostly to keep out the spammers but also to make sure people posting to the list are relatively on topic. That list has been operational for several years now, and I've only had to deliberately place 4 people back on moderation. I didn't enjoy putting any of them on moderation. All were very difficult situations, and all were situations I wish could have been resolved differently. Unfortunately, for the betterment of the community on the lists I manage, I had to make the tough calls, and do not regret doing so. Its a testament to those communities and, I hope, to myself that I've only had to do so four times.

In the communities I have been a part of, the primary goal of moderator is not "censor" but "watcher", and it is clear to me that a similar role is being filled here on the dailydiapers website.

As far as this community goes, langtab, for example, was beating himself up one night in the chatroom a few months ago because he did the RIGHT thing by banning somebody from the chatroom, yet he still felt bad about it. That is the sign of a FANTASTIC moderator. You never want somebody who would gloat about their being a moderator in that manner. There are plenty of power hungry people, but it is precisely those people one does NOT want as moderator.

DailyDi, I don't know the other mods. I haven't figured them out yet, but I'm sure you have chosen just as wisely with them as you have with langtab. To everybody else, it is clear to me that DailyDi believes, as I do, in the principle of "passive moderation", the idea being that a community is better off left to its own devices by moderating itself, but if something needs to be addressed, it needs to be addressed quickly. When that need arises, that is the primary job of moderators to address it. Otherwise, if moderators are chosen wisely as they seem to be here, they are just regular members of our community. You should look upon them as neither better nor worse than anybody else here.