LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Cloth Inserts W/disposables

anondl

I am currently wearing a medium Depend with a cloth insert.

I wanted to try this because I want a more absorbent diaper without incurring the expense of Abenas. I want to explore the wicking effect of cloth with disposables since disposables are generally lousey at wicking and this diminishes the utility of the diaper. I am using 2@21x40 Curity flat diapers inside tighty whiteys inside the Depend. The tighty whiteys are to keep the cloth diapers from falling into a wad in my crotch.

Just for insurance I added a pair of what I think ( I bought these a long time ago from a Canadian supplier.) are Lang plastic pants (They are the best ever.) over the whole affair.

Has anyone else tried this?

I will report my results later.

Anondl

For a while I was using cloth inside of my disposable with pretty good results. I would layer the cloth from front to back inside the disposable and go from there. I never felt that the cloth diapers were bunching up on me. I would use 4 or 5 cloth baby diapers inside of a Secure X Plus and it would last me the whole evening of heavy flooding. The cloth diapers absorbed quickly and would hold onto the moisture and not let it leak out. I felt that they helped distibute the moisture better than regular doublers, and they are reusable which saves money :D

Like other have said adding a cloth diaper in your disposable works great. The cloth helps to wick the wet around and when you have the cloth filled to capacity you can slid it out and go a few more wettings. Works best with leak guards if you can position the cloth in between the leak guards.

Stay wet!

:D

• 2 weeks later...

I regularly use a cloth diaper insert in the back of a disposable, and a disposable Select "doubler" om the front/crotch of my disposable. It allows me to not have leaks in the crotch and make use of my disposable - Invacare or Molicare - for 8 to 16 hours without a change. I prefer cloth diapers with soakers, but we won't get into that. With the way disposables are in this country, they are NOT sufficient. So, we do what we have to do to make them work! Anybody who thinks that taping on a disposable diaper and thinking it will just work is naive! Do what you have to do. Make work what will work. -

Anybody who doesn't consider or USE soakers is naive or STUPID. Do what you have to do. That simple! Go for it, Kiddies!

Guest dllightning

Question though-

If you use cloth, doesn't that make the wetness feeling stay?

One reason I enjoy the disposables such as depends is that for a little while I dont really feel wet.

What does cloth feel like during its course?