LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Bottle Use...?

Cortana

What brand of bottle do you guys use?? Or does it matter...?

I'm pretty picky about what something FEELS like in my mouth... took me forever to find a paci that I liked. I've tried several different types of bottles... I'm not crazy about any of them so far. The plain old cheapy bottles I don't like at all, the nipples on the bottles are awful.

Soooo, I know this is different for everyone, but I'm curious - what kind of bottles do you guys use?

This it the nipple we use. We have two of them. They just fit over the size of a regular baby bottle. We have also put the nipple on a sobe bottle. That way we can hold more fluid, it is fun to feed my baby with this. It truly adds that baby feel to the feedings.

I really like that. Where would I buy something like that?? Thanks so much.

I use any bottle but I have the Nuk 2 fast flow nipples on them and I like them a lot. I also have the Avent with the fast flow nipple (4) which is really good. I think the nipples that come with a bottle are too small for an adult size mouth, but thats just my opinion. Just try some out, see what you like and enjoy.

While I agree with Bayb, availability and pricing make them out of reach for me.

I have been unable, after several years of searching, to find a set anywhere that I can get. I've seen others, primarily infants, who have a set, but never have seen an adult with a set. I don't think it's proper to ask while a baby is using them how hard they were to come by.

Secondly, I've heard from those adults who are fortunate enough to have a set that the upkeep on a set is VERY expensive, since you need a place to store them, you need to replenish them with food, and that they will stop producing anything and may stop and refuse to be available to you if you don't meet their emotional and mental need. I've often heard that very expensive diamond rings and long term contracts may be necessary.

OTOH, you can rent out a set, but that also tends to be a very expensive proposition, especially in short term financial outlay. Not to mention, a set that is not under your 'control', you have no idea where they have been, who else may have been using them, and how sterile they are, since you should always make sure your bottles are totally clean, inside and out, before use.

So, I use what Fett uses, the Nuby Sports Sipper. I will also use Evenflow, Gerber or whatever else is available. While I primarily put milk or chocolate milk in my bottles, on occassion I will switch to baby formula. I have a hypnotic tape (CD now) that actually works, and I find that when I drink from a baby bottle, and listen to that, the *way* I drink changes. I suckle more, instead of using it like a straw. In that case, even with a standard baby nipple, I find that I get enough formula, and I am happy and content.

Still, I would like to try Bayb's method. :D

Jenny

I have a few different bottles including an Avent, Nuby, and a 'Kleen Kanteen' 800mL I put a 'Baby Time' fast flow silicone nipple on. My main goal is to find larger size bottles, as I like to get a fair amount of liquid in without having to change bottles. Chocolate milk and apple juice are definitely my favorites, and I think they go great with my favorite baby foodsof apple sauce (real baby food never worked), nilla wafers, and animal crackers. I found a few 9oz avents (and that's the one I have), and the Nuby is about the same size, but the 800mL one with the nipple on it is great! It's stainless steel with a very smooth baby blue finish and I've covered it in stickers (Care Bears!) to give it a more 'babyish' feel. It's easy to clean avoids the plastics problems and holds a ton of liquid. I still think the steel part (despite the baby blue finish and my stickers) make it a bit too industrial, but overall its the best solution I've found in terms of balancing quantity of liquid and quality (i.e. babyishness) of the bottle.

But I'm definitely interested in hearing more people's stories. Keep em coming!

Happy dwinking!

--Lex

I tend to stick to the traditional "Evenflo" bottles with the latex nipple. I was gifted by Sissy Tami earlier this year with a size appropriate bottle. Unfortunately, the silicone nipple she provided with the ba-ba had a tendency to collapse when the bottle is less than full. I've tried using Evenflo nipples instead, but they don't fit and leak. Oh well, it's the thought that counts. :D

Cuddles,

--heidilynn ;)

• 2 months later...

RE: Baby bottles - Nuk has a great bottle/nipple set called "orthodontic" The bottles hold 10 oz, are bigger around which makes it easier for 'bigger babies' to hold and the nipples are shaped the same as the pacifier. You can get fast flow nipples that make it easier to drink.

RE: Baby bottles - Nuk has a great bottle/nipple set called "orthodontic" The bottles hold 10 oz, are bigger around which makes it easier for 'bigger babies' to hold and the nipples are shaped the same as the pacifier. You can get fast flow nipples that make it easier to drink.

wow they sounds great :D. what stores sell them?

I've tried a lot of different bottles over the years. My favorite is a glass Gerber bottle I used to feed my oldest son with. It most reminds me of the bottle I used as a kid. My parents tossed the diapers and bottles I used when I went off to college having turned my bedroom into their home office.

The bottle I liked was brought at a $2 shop. It’s a 300ml bottle, pink and I prefer the round nipples. The holes are very small and I just love sucking hard to get to my drink. The best thing about it, it was only $2 so I was able to afford it. I would love to be able to afford the adult size bottles and nipples but I am also too poor to be able to buy them.