LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Disposable Diaper Tax In France

Among the many problems with such ideas - how do you decide how much the tax is? This is followed by the close second - how do I know the government will spend it to mitigate the environmental effects of disposable diapers (which is a contentious issue itself). Bad idea.

Washables are probably a little better for the environment simply because you don't need to own 9000 of them to use them in your baby's lifetime. You only need probably 20 of them. That is much less for the landfill. I think they should start with the plastic walmart bags. We just started using are own cloth bags and it makes a huge difference, plus there is no chance of them breaking with something heavy in the bag. Instead of it being a tax given to the government, make plastic bags use in stores have a donation surcharge to go to recycling plants or something green like that.

SDB

Among the many problems with such ideas - how do you decide how much the tax is? This is followed by the close second - how do I know the government will spend it to mitigate the environmental effects of disposable diapers (which is a contentious issue itself). Bad idea.

its just a way for a bunch of ppl to feel good. and to get your cash away from you. you can make any thing you want look eco friendly or eco bad. if you do not add in washing the poop or rubber or plastic covers for a cloth diaper it looks relay good.

i have a 3 dollar tax on rain water. even if it does not rain for months i still pay 3 bucks a month for rain falling on my land. it started with one country then moved to the states. here its to pay for a new sewer system or at least thats what my city says. if France starts this tax, you will see other country's taxing diapers. its a good way to hide a tax. the problem is a user tax can be defeated. all you got to do is stop using a product. then the government starts looking for something else to tax.

look at smoking. it started with baning smoking in work places. then heavy taxing smokes for health reasons. now a lot of places are looking at heavy taxes on snack foods. all because there tax base is vanishing.

• 2 months later...

there was a company working on a disposable diaper you wash away. no going to the land fill because its all washed down the drain. the company was working on all hospital clothing to be disposable just ware and wash away.

Look out! Here comes the 'global warming" and "climate change zelots! This is just another method being used to fleece the populus!

By the way, it is supposed to be 28 degrees F (below 0 C) here in North Florida tonight! It has not been this cold here since 1931. I have 4 space heaters running!

So much for "global warming"!

France is considering putting tax on disposable items including diapers.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26706242/