LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Abdls Still In Diapers

Like a lot of ABDLs, my infantilism started with an urge to get back into diapers, long after I was out of them. Sometimes, I wonder what it would have been like if I was never taken out of them. Are ABDLs who desired not to get out of diapers much different than ABDLs who desired to get put back into them? I'm preparing to try to use the data from the ABDL survey series to try to get a picture of the differences.

http://understanding.infantilism.org/surveys/

As part to the process, I thought I'd ask here. Are there questions that you have? Are there myths that you would like explored?

I think you've hit the big one many of us want to ask BitterGrey. I cant remember ever wearing diapers, but I can remember a desire to wear them from a very very young age. I've often thought what it would be like if I had never been pottytrained. Psychologically, I wonder if I would have had a very different reaction as I've grown up than I have had (i.e. hated diapers instead of preferring to wear them).

Other than that, the myth that all DL's are simply AB's who haven't realized it yet might be interesting to explore.

Hi BitnerGrey and KR,

First of all, I did fill in Survey #2 today and wrote extensively when allowed. Personally I am totally bladder incontinent so I turned to AB as a coping strategy. As I became more familiar with all aspects of AB I really have enjoyed it. I have also met a whole lot of ABDL in person and far more on-line. I am not sure it is correct that even most DL are AB who have not discovered a pacifier. Still I agree this is a topic to be researched.

As I have shared countless times my family was diaper-friendly. None of us were ever teased about needing diapers and even before we actually reverted to bedwetting if we wanted to just play while wearing a diaper Mom, Granny or my older sister would pin any of us into a diaper without comment. Year later, when I was 26 and just discovered AB, my Mom apologized that that was the first she knew of AB. She said if she had known when we were younger, she would have told us. Mom does not consider it weird I relax as a big baby girl.

I think you've hit the big one many of us want to ask BitterGrey. I cant remember ever wearing diapers, but I can remember a desire to wear them from a very very young age. I've often thought what it would be like if I had never been pottytrained. Psychologically, I wonder if I would have had a very different reaction as I've grown up than I have had (i.e. hated diapers instead of preferring to wear them).

Other than that, the myth that all DL's are simply AB's who haven't realized it yet might be interesting to explore.

Morning Angela!

I actually agree with you, at least as far as most DL's having discovered a pacifier or something of that nature. I personally enjoy many aspects of the AB world, including clothing, pacifiers, bottles, toys, etc. I've found myself becoming more and more drawn to the AB side of our lifestyle. However, I have known many DL's who if they played around with babyish type stuff, it was with reluctance or extremely rarely. I think it would be interesting to find out whether or not that myth/theory really has any basis.

Changes in interests over time are addressed in the second survey, currently collecting data:

http://understanding.infantilism.org/surve...rs_and_more.php

Once it is collected, it might show trends over time. Who knows? My bet would be on a migration to the middle, as AB's learn to enjoy diapered sex and DLs learn to enjoy roleplay. Of course, I'm not a gambling man, so my bet isn't important.

bitter, is this your website and survey you are doing? is it for your own benefit or are you doing research for a paper etc..? i'm just curious..

I'd like to broaden the acceptance and understanding of infantilism.

Inside the ABDL community, this broadening occurs as we learn to acknowledge and respect our differences. We aren't all one thing or the other, and we need to be able to accept each other. We're sick of non-ABDLs expecting or pressuring us to be like them. We shouldn't expect or pressure other ABDLs to be like us. Outside the ABDL community, I hope to inspire real doctors* to get involved on one hand, and to let the general population know that most of us don't need medical help on the other.

And yes, skipping the research and just telling people what they want to hear would be a lot easier. However, it would be wrong. I'm seeking the truth, and accepting the risk that some of it might be unpopular.

~Grey

* - since I'm not a doctor and don't try to pass myself off as one, it is unlikely that my work will be published or given much weight in academia. However, if I can help to raise questions and motivate research, that will be enough.

thats cool bitter, i'm thinking i'll fill out a few surveys, i've got one of the more unusual stories here.... so i've come to see from reading everyone elses.

But you dont have to be a doctor to get your research published. I'd be interested in seeing the final results when/if you write them up.

I'd like to broaden the acceptance and understanding of infantilism.

Inside the ABDL community, this broadening occurs as we learn to acknowledge and respect our differences. We aren't all one thing or the other, and we need to be able to accept each other. We're sick of non-ABDLs expecting or pressuring us to be like them. We shouldn't expect or pressure other ABDLs to be like us. Outside the ABDL community, I hope to inspire real doctors* to get involved on one hand, and to let the general population know that most of us don't need medical help on the other.

And yes, skipping the research and just telling people what they want to hear would be a lot easier. However, it would be wrong. I'm seeking the truth, and accepting the risk that some of it might be unpopular.

~Grey

* - since I'm not a doctor and don't try to pass myself off as one, it is unlikely that my work will be published or given much weight in academia. However, if I can help to raise questions and motivate research, that will be enough.

I've completed the survey Grey, good luck with it.

Beth

• 3 weeks later...

MysticChild,

Thanks for the remarkably detailed history. One theme that has come up in the survey results time and again is that we aren't all the same. No one should feel pressured to conform to any given label. As discussed in Mapping Infantilism and Diaper Fetishism, there is a trade off between simple descriptions that don't match us very well, and more complicated ones that describe us better. However, variations have variations of their own. Progressively, the survey results might explore finer and rarer nuances, but they will never be exclusive. No one should feel the need to change just because their flavor isn't discussed.

For example, there is little mention of ageplay at all in the results. This is simply because very few non-ABDL ageplayers completed the first survey.