LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Stressed Out.

I told one friend about my DL and he was accepting of it. I am waiting to hear from another friend to see how she reacts to it. You see, I kept hiding this for 13 years and now I feel like I have to come clean with the friends I really trust. I mean, it is a harmless thing, right? I am on my own and live my normal life outside of the house. I just want to figure out ways of this not harming my regular routine and life. I do go to school as well(may not because I haven't lined up a job since I was fired from my previous job) and I don't want this to be a distraction, but something enjoyable. I feel anguish at the fact that some may not accept this and it was painful enough telling her about it. I just don't know what to do.

Aaron, my first question is how often do you wear? If you wear diapers regularly when you're out with friends, and need to make excuses for carrying a backpack or slipping away to change yourself, that's a good argument for telling some people. Personally I'm a workaholic and most of my friends are married and have lives of their own, so I don't get out too much...at least not for more than 4-5 hours at a time, the life of a good quality diaper. But I am wearing more often lately, and try to go 24/7 on weekends no matter where I am. I recently visited my sister in Philadelphia over a weekend. On several previous trips we'd been walking around downtown and I was positively bursting and needing a public bathroom badly. This time I didn't fight it and wore a pull-up, and came clean about it on the walk back. She was fine with it, and it was totally liberating. I've been considering going 24/7 for years, and am already mentally prepared for the whole office knowing.

There are lots of questions on this board about telling your parents, and from people who wear casually, or may not even live at home. You've probably read some of those. I think your situation is different, because it speaks to your social life. If this has become a lifestyle for you, then I think you should tell some people discretely, when there is a need to know. Most people don't go around telling others about their illnesses or fetishes, so I hope you're not randomly telling people out of some sense of duty or guilt. And you don't have to tell everyone the WHOLE TRUTH. If you tell a coworker or casual acquaintance that you have a medical problem and need to slip away, that should be enough, provided you're not acting weird about it. Just like a lot a lot of people who are gay/bi/etc., though, understand ahead of time that coming totally clean with people may lose you some friends. Of course you can always make new friends, but is it that important to tell people? You'll have to figure that out yourself.

Good luck, and I hope that helped!

Telling people close to you about your habit is one of the hardest things to do. One of the first things I set out to do when I started wearing and enjoying diapers was to swallow my heart (and maybe my speen, kidneys, and liver) and tell those closest to me, including my mom. I was very nervous, but almost everyone was cool with it. It's nice to get that weight off your shoulders.

I always wondered why people feel that they have to share infantilism with others around them. Very few people would understand the concept. It certainly is a unique enjoyment. We all keep secrets, and infantilism is one of the best-kept secrets. There is something else going on (not sure what it is) that makes you feel that this is something you'd like to share. Do you want to get a shocked reaction? Do you feel "daring?" Ask yourself those questions before you spring a load of information on people that might not take it the way you'd like them to.

Baby June 7/20/2008

(My original post didn't seem to take)

I always wondered what makes a person feel that they have to share their infantilism with others that might not accept the concept. Is it really necessary to tell people? There are lots of secrets we keep from people. Ask yourself why you feel it is necessary to share that sort of information. Do you want to see their reaction? Is it "sensationalism?" Why do you want people to know what you enjoy as a pastime? Is it something they really need to know about you and if they do, will it change their opinion of you?

Baby June 7/20/2008

You have to understand that one thing a lot of people seek out is acceptance. It may not be normal or "vanilla", but it's something that makes you who you are, and you don't want to have to hide all the time. Not everyone will be cool with it. I have a friend that I won't tell because he hates the fact that I'm a furry. If he knew I wear diapers, too, he'd give me so much hell. Choose your battles. Know what you're fighting for.

I told her about it and she is accepting about it. In fact, she told me if it makes me feel comfortable and good about myself that I should go and buy some diapers. Which I did. It is good to see that there are some accepting people in the world. I only tell those that I feel that would be open minded about stuff like that. A big weight off my shoulders. :thumbsup:

• 5 months later...

i agree with every one but i do wear in secret some still when im at home and actually have worn one of the nosiest diapers ive ever tried one of the Tranquility Overnights all day when i was off work and home and hell even went to walmart with my parents i don't think they even noticed once or just didn't say anything or didn't care so i left it alone i mean its all about who you tell and when you tell

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

My two cents if wanted take it if not throw it back. First no one needs to know it is not like you have aids or something like that where they can pick up from you. If someone finds out then you do what you feel that person can handle, AB/DL or medical problem. The point is no one needs to know.

I was a DL for years and on one knew then one very bad night my wish came true I was mugged and when I woke up in the hospital I had a catheter in me and then the Dr told me I would be incontinent the rest of my life (damn kids and their pipe and bat) at first I was in heaven and now 15 years later not so much. Point is maybe 5 people know. Not one was told because I wanted them to know they found out (seen the bulge or stuff like that).

Point is do what you feel is right but no one NEEDS to know just you and your god!

I bought some online tonight, I just wanted to get that out of the way, because I can't take it anymore! I haven't worn them in a year! And I didn't get depends this time, those aren't any good anyways, lol. God, I feel so conflicted right now. I know society frowns upon it, and yet, I just want them.

I haven't visited this board regularly in months, but came back today briefly to skim the forms, and realized I'd posted a comment here nearly a year ago. Aaron, as you said yourself, what you're doing is totally harmless. Be yourself and enjoy your diapers! The last time I checked, there's no law against being happy!